PDA

View Full Version : Does Garth drive you around the block?

smitten
06-22-2000, 11:07 PM
I was reading Changer's story, and wondered if anyone else does this - or am I alone???????
<br>
<br>When one of our favourite Garth songs is on (I have to admit - that's most of them), rather than drive into the garage mid song, we drive around the block so we can all finish singing along to the song.
<br>
<br>Be darned if I'm going to cut Garth off midway through one of his songs - he'd never forgive me.
<br>
<br>Are we a weird family - you bet ya!!!!!! :eek:
<br>
<br>Cheers Ana :)N

honky
06-22-2000, 11:20 PM
Smitten,
<br>
<br>YOU ARE NOT ALONE DEFINITELY! I always felt guilty to turn off the engine while one of my favorite songs was playing :eek:
<br>
<br>But instead of driving one more block, I parked my car inside the garage, turned off the engine, but left the stereo on :cool:
<br>
<br>HEY, WE HAVE MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE GAS, SO DON'T EXPECT ME TO DRIVE ONE MORE BLOCKS!! *LOL*
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Paula
06-23-2000, 02:52 AM
Ummm, yeah. I have the radio on at work, and if I start to get up to do something away from my desk and a Garth song comes on, I sit back down and find something else to do at my desk until the song is over. Then I'll leave my desk to continue on my way.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

redstrokes77
06-23-2000, 03:08 AM
So it's NOT only me!!!
<br>
<br>debN

Pilgrim
06-23-2000, 03:21 AM
There are no blocks to drive around here ;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

angelamccann
06-23-2000, 03:33 AM
I don't drive, but I *was* late for work quite recently because Garth came on the radio and I never turn him off in the middle of a song!
<br>
<br>And my Saturdays now revolve around waiting for WYCBTMA to be played on the American Country Countdown (airs in London 9-1 Saturday mornings). If I know Garth is coming on, I'll make an effort to tune in.
<br>
<br>Angela xN

major tom
06-23-2000, 03:36 AM
Like Tommy I park in the garage and wait for the song to finish :)N

fuzzwuzz
06-23-2000, 05:41 AM
There is something about Garth's voice that makes you stop dead in your tracks and listen up. Whether he is singing or speaking. A gentle wisdom seems to flow.N

Jen19
06-23-2000, 05:55 AM
You are defianlty not alone in this one... I can't even cut Garth song off its a CD so If I want to turn in off I have to stop it between songs before I hear the next beat of the next song or I won't be able to turn it off.
<br>
<br>JEN<P>(This message has been edited by Jen19)N

nelty
06-23-2000, 07:03 AM
Like Tommy,
<br>
<br>I don't go for a long drive. I just park and sit and wait till it finish. :-) I feel guilty turning off the radio when it's in the middle... hehe..
<br>
<br>NellyN

GBShameless
06-23-2000, 07:15 AM
I usually park the car too, if a song is on. But if one comes on at work the door is closed and radio turned up :). If someone comes into my office when I am listening they can't talk to me until it is through, that doesn't go over well sometimes, but oh well :).
<br>
<br>RobinN

cinderella4gb
06-23-2000, 07:21 AM
I don't drive around the block, but I don't turn it off either. I ALWAYS sing until the last chord. And he doesn't just drive me around the block or the bend,but he certainly does "Move" me...;)
<br>
<br>Peace & Garth
<br>sandy
<br>only 44 more:)N

Garth_FANtasizer
06-23-2000, 07:40 AM
I once got out of a McDonalds drive-thru line (a long one during lunch hour) so I wouldn't have to turn down "Shameless" and miss any of it, just to talk to a box! :)
<br>
<br>Feed the soul first, I always say! :)
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

Teach
06-23-2000, 08:42 AM
I park in the driveway and finish singing. However, I am like Jen, I have to hurry and turn it off because if I hear the next song I usually wait till that one is finished too. My neighbors think I am strange singing in the car by myself. :rolleyes:N

smitten
06-23-2000, 01:09 PM
Hey just got a really funny visual on this.
<br>We could do a video tribute book, set up secret
<br>GARTHCAM'S in your garages and have snippets of you all singing at the top of your lungs with the windows wound up.
<br>Wouldn't that be hilarious!
<br>That's true fans for you
<br>
<br>Cheers Ana :)N

NewestGBFan
06-23-2000, 01:57 PM
I'm another one who parks in the garage and waits til the song is over.
<br>
<br>My husband will often come out the door, see what I am doing, throw up his hands and go back inside. He knows it is no use to talk to me until it's over. We are a rare breed indeed.
<br>
<br>N

Garthfever4ever
06-23-2000, 02:57 PM
:)Whatever I'm doing or wherever I'm am if
<br>Garth comes on everything else stops!
<br>I just can't ever turn his songs off!!!;)
<br>
<br>sabineN

Garthmedic
06-23-2000, 03:16 PM
I once was going through the drive through at McDonalds when "Shameless" came on the radio. When I got to the window, I didn't want to turn it down. I told the girl that I was sorry, I love GB and wanted to listen to the song. She said, "Don't turn it down.. TURN IT UP!". ;)
<br>
<br>I got a kick out of it.
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N

brooks1fan
06-23-2000, 03:59 PM
I do the same thing.... can't turn off Garth.. And if the dj announces that "Garth is coming up next"... I'll drive around the block a few more times (or sit in the driveway) just to hear it...
<br>
<br>Garth Forever,
<br>TinaN

fuzzwuzz
06-23-2000, 06:35 PM
Hey Ann! My soul is hungry too, same as yours! No wonder, beings we are dining on the ultimate cuisine! Can't get enough!N

honky
06-23-2000, 10:37 PM
LOL... talk about the power of Garth's song!!
<br>
<br>There were a couple times when my dj announced that Garth will be on in the next 9-in-a-row, I just waited till I heard Garth's! Having said that, I waited from 3:30am to 3:50am :( :eek:!! Not to mention that I had work the next day!!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

NJ4GARTH
06-23-2000, 11:18 PM
Cool Topic Ana,
<br>
<br>Seems we all do the same thing. I'll back in the driveway and listen until the end. If I hear Garth is coming up, I'll run in the house and turn on the stereo.
<br>
<br>Tom
<br>
<br>Also Ana,
<br>
<br>As long as the windows are up while videoing me ya'lls ears will survive.:eeks:N

countyfair_85
06-24-2000, 07:04 AM
I always have Garth/Chris playing in my vehicle while driving... I find it hard to shut the vehicle off while the song is still not finished
<br>and try not to unless I'm in a hurry!
<br>
<br>N

OkieandloyalGBfan
06-24-2000, 05:02 PM
I'm with Tina....not only will I not turn off a Garth song, I'll sit through a bunch of songs I don't like by other artists if the DJ has said there is Garth coming up!
<br>
<br>I have been known to put a cassette in the car and drive to Yukon (it's basically two-line highway with very few lights between here and there), because driving is the best thing to do while listening to Garth!
<br>
<br>Deanna
<br>N

JulieLvsGB
06-24-2000, 06:10 PM
I've done both. Sometimes I've driven around a couple of blocks before going home and sometimes I've pulled into the driveway and just sat....depends upon what kinda mood I'm in. When I'm on my way to work I just sit in the parking lot. :)
<br>
<br>JulieN

gbfans66
06-24-2000, 06:24 PM
I usually just park & finish listening. I am always flipping the radio station to see if I can find a station playing GB. I won't turn him off in the middle of a song either. :)N