PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years Ago This Week...

Paula
06-21-2000, 03:27 PM
My Yahoo alert message today had a link to an article on events taking place this week in history. One was
<br>
Five years ago: Country singer Garth Brooks was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He buried his ``The Hits'' album in a vault beneath the star, making it the first object ever preserved underneath the walk.
<br>
<br>Later in the article, this appeared:
<br>
Spoken five years ago:
<br>
<br>"People always ask me if the celebrities are buried under their stars. I always say I can think of a few, and their agents, who should be." - Country singer Garth Brooks, at his induction ceremony on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

BlueRose
06-21-2000, 03:37 PM
Hey Paula,
<br>
<br>I got the same 'Yo, It's Garth!' alert and I never knew he buried "The Hits" under the star!!
<br>
<br>Some artist and their agents should be...I think that's the first time I've read of Garth making such a statement, pretty funny at that! ;)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

Monica Lockhart
06-21-2000, 04:29 PM
Thanks for posting this Paula!
<br>
<br>I also got this email alert today....and I didn't know that Garth put a copy of the hits under his star either.
<br>
<br>
<br>Very Cool as Garth would say!
<br>
<br>Moni :cool:N

everynowandthen
06-21-2000, 05:25 PM
Paula,
<br>
<br>You don't know (until now), but you've helped me out again! :);)
<br>
<br>Thanks.
<br>AngelaN

honky
06-21-2000, 06:05 PM
VERY :cool:
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

GarthFanCanada1
06-21-2000, 08:37 PM
Not to sound cocky, but... I knew about this... It was in Country Weekly... They had pix of the event.. It was pretty cool...... My friend James, who, as Lori knows is a HUGE Garth fan too, has pictures of Garth's star. He commented "It kinda seemed outta place being there, I don't know why... It's still very cool that it is!"
<br>
<br>BarkleyN

Paula
06-22-2000, 03:33 AM
Barkley,:)
<br>
<br>I knew about this already as well...in fact, I think I remember reading that it was the master of the CD that he buried under the star, so that after the 10,000,000 copies had been pressed, no others could be made.
<br>
<br>The thing that I found interesting was what he said in response to the question about celebrities being buried under their star.;)
<br>
<br>Angela, I'm glad the information helped you out. I thought about emailing you, but then I thought you may have already had this information.
<br>
<br>Paula:cool:N

Pilgrim
06-22-2000, 03:19 PM
Thanks a lot for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>Brian:cool:N

no1cowgirl
06-22-2000, 07:01 PM
Too cute *L* yeah, I knew about The Hits thing *L*
<br>
<br>