PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Rimes

AlwaysaGBFan
06-19-2000, 11:52 AM
Could sombody please tell me what's going on with leanne rimes and her dad. I heard she's sueing him...but FOR WHAT??? That's just stupid.
<br>
<br>AllenN

honky
06-19-2000, 03:52 PM
Allen,
<br>
<br>Ummm... I think LeAnn Rimes is suing her dad for 7 millions :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

loreli
06-20-2000, 07:26 AM
I think it's for mismanagement of her funds. :( It's really sad.
<br>
<br>
<br>Lori<P>(This message has been edited by loreli)N

no1cowgirl
06-20-2000, 08:31 AM
here ya go
<br>
<br>Belinda Rimes is no stranger to the strains of being a mother. Mother to 17-year-old country superstar LeAnn Rimes, Belinda's motherly duties now include standing up for her famous daughter's financial rights.
<br>
<br>According to the May 11 issue of the Dallas Morning News, Belinda has filed suit on LeAnn's behalf against the girl's father and former co-manager, Wilbur Rimes, and his business partner, Lyle Walker.
<br>
<br>Litigation papers state, "An artist of LeAnn's stature should only have to pay 10 percent . . . or less for competent management services. Wilbur Rimes and Lyle Walker operated LREI (LeAnn Rimes Entertainment Inc.) in complete and total disregard for the rights of LeAnn Rimes . . . and wrongfully usurped millions of dollars from LREI and LeAnn for their own benefit."
<br>
<br>The suit also claims that Wilbur Rimes and Walker swindled the teen singer out of more than $7 million over five years. The suit requests an unspecified amount for damages pending the determination of a more specific dollar amount. According to LeAnn's attorney, Belinda Rimes hired accountants to investigate the practices of her former husband and his business partner in 1999. Accountants discovered that the two men received more than $8 million in royalties in 1996 and 1999 $5 million more than LeAnn herself, according to the lawsuit.
<br>
<br>The Dallas Morning News contacted attorneys for both Wilbur Rimes and Walker. Wilbur's lawyer insisted the claims were "completely false" and added that Mr. Rimes' "compensation was fair." Walker's lawyer issued a similar statement insisting the lawsuit is baseless, claiming that LREI still owes Walker money.
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
06-20-2000, 08:42 AM
Krista:)
<br>
<br>Thanks for the info:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
06-20-2000, 10:22 AM
when a person is a multi millionaire..does 7 million actually matter?..how much is 7 million anyway??N

honky
06-20-2000, 09:52 PM
RUSS,
<br>
<br>7 MILLIONS? OH boy!! I can't even count the number with my fingers...LOL :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN