PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this to me???

berriffic
06-16-2000, 09:48 PM
Ok....I don't understand this. I get that originally the song was not going to be released. And I now understand that the song has been relesed to radio stations if requested. But can someone please tell me why when they play the Video on CMT and GAC...It says that the song is on the Frequency Soundtrack. But when I wrote to the guys at the frequency site they said no soundtrack was being released. If not why did they change the opening of the video to add an album source if there is none????? I know when I originally saw the video there was no album source....now there is? Can anyone explain this to me??N

loreli
06-16-2000, 10:16 PM
Does it actually say soundtrack? Or just from Frequency?
<br>
<br>
<br>LoriN

honky
06-16-2000, 10:48 PM
Berriffic,
<br>
<br>First of all, WELCOME TO PG :P
<br>
<br>Secondly, regarding to your question, I think they made some mistake by crediting the song to Frequency's soundtrack. In fact, there is no Frequency soundtrack as far as I know. Think about this, the movie was released a month ago, so it wouldn't make sence to release a soundtrack this later right? :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Paula
06-17-2000, 04:08 AM
berriffic
<br>
<br>I think someone explained this in an earlier post. There are two types of soundtracks...the movie soundtrack that may not be released (just the music accompanying the movie) and the movie soundtrack that is released (put on an album for sale to the public). The soundtrack for Frequency is in the first category and is just the music accompanying the movie that is not scheduled to be put on an album for sale to the public.:(
<br>
<br>Paula<P>(This message has been edited by Paula)N

berriffic
06-17-2000, 04:50 PM
Thanks to all who replied. It is definitely a mistake to put Frequency Soundtrack on the Video. I got so excited! : (
<br>
<br> Paula thanks for the defining the 2 for me! : )
<br>
<br> <3 berN

elvisfanforever
06-17-2000, 07:45 PM
There obviously is not any kind of soundtrack for or from this movie commercially available for sale to the public.
<br>Your question is a good one. The thread that I started "Smilies & Questions About the New Song" also follows the same line, reasonably close.
<br>It is a question a lot of people are asking...I was looking at a Garth site on Yahoo earlier today and a lot of people are asking similar kinds of questions about this.
<br>It would be nice if someone with inside knowledge or a closer connection to Garth and Capitol Records could provide some information on this.
<br>Capitol has stated something to the effect that the song is personal and private to Garth, which is at least partially why they are not releasing a commercial CD Single to the public. But with the big popularity of this song, if Garth & Capitol Records, did back down and decide to release some kind of commercial CD for this song, why would anyone associated with the movie mind? I think they wouldn't!
<br>Although this song is personal & private to Garth,..I don't think anyone would attack, flame, or negatively criticize this song. Putting it out for sale should make him feel even better about the song, and would surely bring him a lot more good publicity, which should help to ease or erase any concerns or doubts he has.
<br>How do the rest of you in "Garth Cyber Space" feel?
<br>:cool:
<br>:)
<br>Lester
<br>N

berriffic
06-18-2000, 04:39 PM
Lester
<br> I agree. As much as I love Garth....The idea that it hasn't been relesed was because it is too personal is a joke. I mean if it was so personal he wouldn't have done a video, put it in the movie, and allowed airplay. Garth has his reasons for not releasing this song...I personally think it is PR decision more than a personal one.( being a PR major) The Country Music Business and Fans have not been kind to him lately. But if it is because the song is personal, I would love to hear from Garth why he feels allowing fans who love him dearly to get a copy of the song would in any way harm him or the song??? To me it would be like him not releasin the Dance......Unthinkable!
<br> <3 ber N

honky
06-18-2000, 06:33 PM
I don't know.... there must be a reason for not releasing the song to radio.
<br>
<br>Well, to me, I think (just think) that maybe Garth really wants to lay low..
<br>
<br>And maybe the video is for attracting people to see the movie.
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Chris Gaines
06-18-2000, 06:42 PM
Bev,
<br>
<br>I think it was because Garth was mad at everyone...
<br>
<br>Mad at radio for dissing him about Gaines.
<br>Mad at the Press for the same reason (and some other stuff)
<br>Mad at Nashville for the crap he's had to put up with.
<br>
<br>So in return.. he didn't wanna give nothing back to them.
<br>So he was doing the video.. for the fans.. and the CMT, GAC, VH1 have more or less been kind to him.. so that was the way he went..
<br>
<br>but since Radio stole the song from the video and was playing very poor quality version of it.. he (and Capitol) desided to send them a master.. so since it already getting played.. least it'll get played with excelent quality.
<br>
<br>Jason :)N

honky
06-18-2000, 08:59 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>I AGREE!! :cool:
<br>
<br>But I also think that Garth doesn't want any more publicity when he is trying to lay-low.
<br>
<br>TommyN

loreli
06-19-2000, 12:08 PM
Someone on G-box said they heard rumors that there will be a Frequency soundtrack because of WYCBTMA. I think it's a little...late. But whatever!
<br>
<br>Has anyone else heard about it?
<br>
<br>Lori :PN

berriffic
06-20-2000, 05:37 PM
Thats what I had heard too....Thats why I thought they changed what it said on the video.??/ But oh well : (N