PDA

View Full Version : Shania I'm Broke Clip

smitten
03-25-2000, 12:05 AM
Just saw a clip by Cledus T. Judd, which is a spoof on Shania's "honey I'm home".....what a cack!!!!!!<BR>Is this very old? It was just on CMT, I usually don't have time to watch TV, but this just came on. They have a hilarious take off of Chris Gaines.<P>It's good not to take ourselves too seriously!!! Cheers Ana :)N

Pilgrim
03-25-2000, 04:18 AM
I haven't seen it :(<P>No CMT here :(<P>BrianN

smitten
03-29-2000, 12:12 AM
Just read about this Cledus guy on Garth Digest. Won't bother giving him any more free publicity even here on PG.<BR>He's been a creep to Garth, it's one thing to parody, quite another to go after someone.<BR>Ana :(N

Krash
03-29-2000, 07:10 AM
I think the video is very funny! I don't think Garth has any problems with Cledus T. Judd. I remember reading that they've met before and Garth asked him when he was going to do a spoof of a Garth song! He's waiting for one! I don't remember the whole conversation but I got the impression it was very friendly. I'm sure Garth doesn't take this stuff seriously, if he can go on SNL and make fun of himself then I'm sure he wouldn't be mad about anyone else spoofing him! :) It's all in fun!!!! ;)<P>-KathyN

onair
03-29-2000, 08:13 AM
Garth was actually going to appear in the video for Cledus Went Down To Georgia. Unfortunately due to scheduling problems Garth could not make the shoot. So a standing was used instead.<P>onair<BR>N

Wendi5000
10-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Guess what got "Google Spidered" today...

Anyway, since I missed this thread on it's first go around, I thought I'd toss in a comment now ;)

I think Cledus T. Judd is pretty funny, and from what I understand he usually requests permission and even input from artists before he parodies their work (something he isn't required to do under fair use laws regarding parod) :).

fuzzwuzz
10-01-2003, 10:44 PM
What parody of Chris Gaines?? He's already very self-contained in that department without any help from Cletus! ;)