PDA

View Full Version : ACM Award Nominees

Anonymous
03-01-2000, 03:31 PM
The Academy of Country Music Awards Nominees were announced tonight. Here's the list: <P>Entertainer of the Year <BR> Dixie Chicks :)<BR> Faith Hill <BR> Tim McGraw <BR> Sawyer Brown <BR> Shania Twain <BR> <BR> <BR>Album of the Year<BR> Ride With Bob - Asleep At The Wheel <BR> A Place In The Sun - Tim McGraw <BR> Breathe - Faith Hill <BR> Cold Hard Truth - George Jones <BR> Fly - Dixie Chicks :)<BR> <BR>Single of the Year<P> "Amazed" - Lonestar <BR> "He Didn't Have To Be" - Brad Paisley <BR> "Please Remember Me" - Tim McGraw <BR> "Ready To Run" - Dixie Chicks :)<BR> "Write This Down" - George Strait <BR> <BR> <P>Song of the Year<BR> "Amazed" - Lonestar <BR> "Breathe" - Faith Hill <BR> "Choices" - George Jones <BR> "He Didn't Have To Be" - Brad Paisley :)<BR> "Please Remember Me" - Tim McGraw <BR> <BR> <P>Video of the Year <BR> "Breathe" - Faith Hill <BR> "He Didn't Have To Be" - Brad Paisley <BR> "How Do Ya Like Me Now?!" - Toby Keith :)<BR> "Ready To Run" - Dixie Chicks <BR> "Single White Female" - Chely Wright <BR> <BR> <BR>Female Vocalist of the Year<BR> Faith Hill <BR> Martina McBride <BR> Jo Dee Messina <BR> Shania Twain <BR> Chely Wright :)<BR> <BR>Male Vocalist of the Year<BR> Alan Jackson :)<BR> Toby Keith <BR> Tim McGraw <BR> Collin Raye <BR> George Strait <BR> <BR> <BR>Vocal Duo/Group of the Year<BR> Asleep At The Wheel <BR> Brooks & Dunn <BR> Dixie Chicks :)<BR> Lonestar <BR> Sawyer Brown <BR> <BR> <BR>Top New Female Vocalist<BR> Jessica Andrews :)<BR> Julie Reeves <BR> Chalee Tennison <BR> <BR> <BR>Top New Male Vocalist<BR> Gary Allan <BR> Chad Brock :)<BR> Brad Paisley <BR> <BR> <BR>Top New Vocal Duo/Group<BR> Montgomery Gentry :)<BR> SHeDAISY <BR> Yankee Grey <BR> <BR> Vocal Event of the year<BR> "A Country Boy Can Survive (Y2K Version)" - Chad Brock with Hank Williams, Jr. and George Jones :)<BR> "After The Gold Rush" - Trio (Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt) <BR> "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" - Alabama and N'Sync <BR> "My Kind Of Woman, My Kind Of Man" - Vince Gill and Patty Loveless <BR> "When I Said I Do" - Clint Black with Lisa Hartman Black <BR> <BR>Well, I let you all know my picks, tell me who you'd pick to win. Although I think it's a pretty sad crop of nominees. I wish Kenny Chesney, Andy Griggs and Garth had been nominated. <P><BR>N

Paula
03-01-2000, 03:34 PM
Anonymous, looks like you and I posted at the same time.<P>PaulaN

Pilgrim
03-01-2000, 08:51 PM
Thanks ;) :D<P>BrianN

honky
03-01-2000, 11:32 PM
Yep.... I agree.. the same old nominees are just way too boring!!<P>I wonder how Sawyer Brown got nominated for ETY :o Not like I don't like them, but the category isn't their strongest.<P>I hope it's not like last year where Faith and Tim won almost all the ones they were nominated for :(<P><BR>Tommy<P>N

Pilgrim
03-02-2000, 12:03 AM
Entertainer of the Year <BR>Faith Hill :D<P>Album of the Year<BR>Breathe, Faith Hill :D<P>Single of the Year<BR>Write This Down, George Strait :D<P>Song of the Year<BR>Amazed, Lonestar :)<P>Video of the Year<BR>Ready to Run, Chicks :)<P>Female Vocalist of the Year<BR>Faith Hill :D<P>Male Vocalist of the Year<BR>Faith Hill... NOT?? Ok, George Strait<P>Vocal Duo/Group of the Year<BR>Chicks ALL THE WAY :D :D :D<P>Top New Female Vocalist<BR>WHO???<P>Top New Male Vocalist<BR>Brad Paisley :)<P>Top New Vocal Duo/Group<BR>SHeDAISY :D<P>Vocal Event of the year<BR>"My Kind Of Woman, My Kind Of Man" - Vince Gill and Patty Loveless &lt;----This song is just AWSOME!!!! :D :D :D :D<P>BrianN

Paula
03-02-2000, 02:40 AM
<B>Brian,</B><P>So you've finally heard Brad Paisley and like him?<P>PaulaN

Pilgrim
03-02-2000, 02:48 AM
<B>Paula</B><P>I have heard like 2 minutes of one of his songs :o :o :o :o<P>I have finally heard 1 song by Gary Allen and a couple with Chad Brock :)<P>Well, what I've heard with Brad was just amazing :D :D :D<P>It kinda reminded me about Gene Watson and other stars from the late 70', early 80's :)<P>There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the prize is his :D<P>BrianN

jaredev
03-02-2000, 07:14 AM
Entertainer of the Year: Shania Twain (no comment...)<P>Album of the Year: A Place In The Sun - Tim McGraw (Breathe & Fly are too new)<P>Single of the Year: "Amazed" - Lonestar (hands down!)<P>Song of the Year: I don't know??? I can never figure out how they pick a winner for this!<P>Video of the Year: "Ready To Run" - Dixie Chicks (or "How Do Ya Like Me Now?!" - Toby Keith)<P>Female Vocalist of the Year: Martina McBride (or Faith...BUT, JoDee Messina deserves, BUT won't get it)<P>Male Vocalist of the Year: Tim McGraw<P>Vocal Duo/Group of the Year: Dixie Chicks (hands down!)<P>Top New Female Vocalist: Jessica Andrews (I can't name a song from the other two)<P>Top New Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley<P>Top New Vocal Duo/Group: Montgomery Gentry<P>Vocal Event of the Year: "When I Said I Do" - Clint Black with Lisa Hartman Black<P>N

loreli
03-02-2000, 07:49 AM
Entertainer of the Year: Tim McGraw<P>Album of the Year: A Place In The Sun - Tim McGraw <P>Single of the Year: "Amazed" - Lonestar <P>Song of the Year: "Please Remember Me" - Tim McGraw <P><BR>Video of the Year: "How Do Ya Like Me Now?!" - Toby Keith <P>Female Vocalist of the Year: Martina McBride <P>Male Vocalist of the Year: Tim McGraw<P>Vocal Duo/Group of the Year: Sawyer Brown <P>Top New Female Vocalist: Jessica Andrews? Who are these women? <P>Top New Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley<P>Top New Vocal Duo/Group: SheDaisy<P>Vocal Event of the Year: "When I Said I Do" - Clint Black with Lisa Hartman Black <P>I think Andy Griggs and Kenny Chesney should have been nominated too!! They were all over the radio this year!<P>Lori <BR>N

Lowell Miller
03-02-2000, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by honky:<BR><B><BR>I wonder how Sawyer Brown got nominated for ETY :o Not like I don't like them, but the category isn't their strongest.<P><BR>Tommy<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Tommy I agree, I like them. But has this year been that great for them?<P>N

wmcinnis
03-02-2000, 04:00 PM
Entertainer of the Year:<BR>Shania Twain :o<P>Album of the Year:<BR>A Place in the Sun-Tim McGraw<P>Single of the year:<BR>Ready to Run-Dixie Chicks<P>Song of the Year:<BR>He Didn't Have to Be-Brad Paisley<P>Video of the Year:<BR>He Didn't Have to Be-Brad Paisley<P>Female Vocalist:<BR>Martina McBride<P>Male Vocalist:<BR>Tim McGraw<P>Vocal Duo/Group:<BR>Dixie Chicks<P>New Female Vocalist:<BR>Jessica Andrews<P>New Male Vocalist:<BR>Brad Paisley<P>Top New Vocal Duo/Group:<BR>SheDaisy<P>Vocal Event of the Year:<BR>My Kind of Woman, My Kind of Man-Vince Gill and Patty Loveless :)<P>I hope it's not going to be another Tim and Faith night too. What ever happened to Reba,<BR>her video for "What Do You Say" should have been nominated, not to mention the song itself :(<BR>-Susan-N

t.m. fan
03-05-2000, 08:26 PM
My thoughts (and hopes)...<P>Entertainer: Shania Twain (she has been everywhere)<P>Album of the Year: I think it'll be a strong battle between "Fly" and "A Place In The Sun", (but the latter deserves it by far)!<P>Single Of The Year: "Amazed" (Can't argue with 8 weeks at #1, and even 2 weeks running on the Hot 100!)<P>Song of the Year: I hope it's either "Please Remember Me" or "He Didn't Have To Be". Those were some of the best country songs I've ever heard. Some of the best songs period!<P>Video of the Year: Don't know, don't care. But I have a hunch the Chicks'll win it.<P>Female Vocalist: I think Faith will win it but I really like Jo Dee Messina. I would consider Martina but ever since her lame song "I Love You", I have lost a lot of respect for her :(<P>Male Vocalist: Tim McGraw (all the way, hands down no doubt about it. No other male vocalist could touch him this last year as far as chart success, record sales, media exposure, and puttin' on a helluva show!)<P>Vocal Duo or Group: I have to admit, it was the Chicks this year. <P>New female: Jessica Andrews on the basis of... I've never even heard of the other 2.<P>Top New Male: Even though he's not exactly brand new, Gary Allan. It'll probably be Brad Paisley, but Gary's cd "Smoke Rings In The Dark" is just fantastic!<P>New Duo or Group: Montgomery Gentry-- they sing some cool music, they are the next generation Brooks & Dunn.<P>Vocal Event: I really like Clint Black's song, much more than any of the other nominees.<P>Some final thoughts... I agree with many others, how did Sawyer Brown sneak into the Entertainer of the Year category? That's almsot like how Neal McCoy wins the EOY at the TNN/Music City awards. But they did more than Garth, and if Garth Brooks would have been nominated for another EOY award, I would start wondering who was paying off the voters. He had one measley song all year that didn't crack the top 20. Not to knock him, he was supposed to take the year off, so why should he be nominated? I just can't believe George Strait wasn't nominated for EOY or album of the year. Well, I guess it wasn't his best album, but overall most of the nominees were predictable. Is this bad? Of course not. The reason why they were predictable was because we've heard most of these songs and artists on the radio a lot. They've had big years, we know it, and they deserve to be nominated. No surprise. What happens when there are surprises? Like Sawyer Brown for EOY? Well, it means other deserving artists don't get the recognition they arguably deserve more than SB. Just my opinion.<BR>N

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-06-2000, 06:33 AM
Entertainer:Shania<P>Album:Breathe<P>Single:Write this Down<P>Song:Choices<P>Video:how Do You Like Me Now<P>Female Vocalist:Martina<P>Male Vocalist:George Strait<P>Vocal Duo/Group:Lonestar<P>New Female:Jessica Andrews<P>New Male:Chad Brock<P>New Group:Montgomery Gentry<P>Vocal Event:When I Said I DoN