PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

Sarah in oz
03-15-2000, 02:18 AM
on all the pic's I've seen of Garth in his car there is never a licence plate on the car..does any one know why this is?<P>I've looked carefully and its not just blacked out, but not there at all. Does he drive around with no licence plate?<P>mmmmm<P>SarahN

angelamccann
03-15-2000, 02:30 AM
Interesting question, Sarah! All I can put in is that I read one fan's account of seeing Garth at Spring Training and she referred at one point very specifically to Garth reversing into a parking space, and having already memorised his license plate. Maybe he only has a plate on the back?<P>Angela xN

Pilgrim
03-15-2000, 02:33 AM
Yeah, isn't that legal with only one plate in the states? :o<P>BrianN

Hawk7lte
03-15-2000, 02:42 AM
Depends on the state Brian,<P><BR>HawkN

Pilgrim
03-15-2000, 03:00 AM
How many states is it legal??<P>Here in DK it is a MUST :o No plates! No driving! :o<P>Even if you buy an Ferrari where there normally can't sit a plate on the front, well bad luck!<BR>Plates are required on both ends of the car here :o<P>BrianN

Teach
03-15-2000, 05:02 AM
In Louisiana license plates are only on the back of a car. In fact now that this was mentioned I do not recall any places in the U.S. that have license plates in the front. If anyone knows any differently, please let us know. N

shmlss4gb
03-15-2000, 05:05 AM
Garth's license plate is only on the back of the car. As someone else said, not all states require a plate both on the front and the back. I know DE only requires one on the back. Maryland is the closest state to me that requires both.<P>TerriN

ohiogarthfan
03-15-2000, 05:11 AM
I West Virginia you only need the back lisence plate. In Ohio you have to have both the front and back lisence plate on a vehicle.N

Angie2027
03-15-2000, 05:17 AM
I'm in PSL, FL and here you only need a plate on the back. I've seen his Chevy pick-up and he does have a Tennessee plate, but only on the back, so I guess you don't need one on the front in TN either.<BR>AngieN

Garth_FANtasizer
03-15-2000, 05:18 AM
NY State requires a license plate on the front and back of your vehicle.<P><BR>~Ann~N

GarthBrooksFan4Life
03-15-2000, 06:22 AM
In Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, & Alabama the law is you only need one and it should be on the back of your car.N

loreli
03-15-2000, 07:07 AM
In Washington plates are required on both front and back. :)<P>LoriN

MissScarlett
03-15-2000, 01:01 PM
Well I'll throw North Carolina's in; the plate is only required on the back :)<P>MargaretN

Hawk7lte
03-15-2000, 01:11 PM
Missouri - front and back<BR>Kansas - back<BR>Oklahoma - seems like front and back, that's what I'm use to seeing ; anyone know for sure now?<P>HawkN

adreamer2
03-15-2000, 01:12 PM
He definitley has a plate on the back. The spot that is blocked out on the front is for a vanity plate. <P>On the second day of training, there was a vanity plate the read "Garth Country", but it disappeared on day # 3 of training. Someone says he removed it, so he's not recognized. Someone else said it was taken by a fan who wanted a souvenir. Both are just speculation. Now there is security at the entrance to the players parking lot.<P>I have to question him taking it off though. He has not tried to hide from the public since his arrival. He eats at a very public restaurant in Palm City, near the house he is renting, and drives through McDonald's and everytime I've passed him on the road, he has his windows down. So I doubt he took it off.N

changer
03-15-2000, 01:29 PM
In Colorado you have to have both plates.<P>In New Mexico, you only have to have one on the back, and it must be bent and dirty, and your license plate light must be broken, and your registration sticker must be expired. Alternatively, you can just stick it in the back window.<P>changerN

Paula
03-15-2000, 01:56 PM
In Massachusetts, you need two, although I think if you still have one of the older green lettered plates, you only need one for the back.<P>PaulaN

BlueRose
03-15-2000, 02:13 PM
Yep! It's definitely on the back of that '99 Chevy...Davidson County.<P>Cheryl<BR>N

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-15-2000, 02:14 PM
Yes Paula,<P>You used to only need one here in Mass. unless you had a vanity plate which always required two. Now with the new plates they require two for everybody. Those still with the old ones only need one.<P>LisaN

OkieandloyalGBfan
03-15-2000, 03:54 PM
Oklahoma only requires one plate, on the back of the car. Only those decorative vanity plates (you know, like you buy at the fair) go on the front of cars here. When I first got a Texas tag years ago, I had to ask the lady working at the tag agency why she gave me two!! (Texas requires one at each end of the car.)<P>DeannaN

SeaGBfan
03-15-2000, 04:16 PM
Lori, are you right in that here you have to have them in the front and back? I have a feeling you are right, I think I heard that awhile ago. I have been driving around for the last year in my truck with only a back plate. There is nowhere to put my front plate so it sits next to me!! I need to get this fixed!<P>MaryN

Sarah in oz
03-15-2000, 05:50 PM
well thanks everyone, that explains it ( charger thats too funny)<P>I'n every other country I've been in they all have two plates front and back. I remember seeing two plates in Calif and NY?<P>Thanks again everyone<BR>N

Czy4GB77
03-15-2000, 06:41 PM
Well I guess I'll answer the California one, I had to jump on in. *LOL* We need plates on the front and the back of our cars here. :)<P>PaulaN

nelty
03-19-2000, 03:51 AM
Sarah,<P>if you reading this please email me at gbcgfan@home.com<P>Thank you<BR>NellyN