PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned

jaredev
02-09-2000, 07:28 AM
I bought Tracy Lawrence's "Lessons Learned" album last weekend and I haven't stopped listening to it!<P>I must say I haven't been thrilled with Tracy's music since the album Time Marches On in 1996. He took a lot of time off since The Coast Is Clear and I think he wrote a lot of the songs. He grew his hair back too!<P>I just wondered if anyone else has purchased the album yet? I would recommend it to anyone!N

honky
02-09-2000, 11:56 AM
<B>jaredev</B>,<P>Holy.. how many country albums do you buy each week? :o Sounds like you have purchased many CDs lately...LOL<P>I saw the video for "Lessons Learned" yesterday and it was good. But I have a question, why do country songs often talk about "lessons learned"? <P>Remember what Garth said on SNL about he has learned his lessons? Is this a typical thing for cowboys to learn from their lessons? just curious about this ;)<P><BR>TommyN

jaredev
02-09-2000, 12:21 PM
I think everyone has lessons to be learned...that's part of life. I think country artists tend to talk about life's situations and occassionally the "lessons learned" <P>Tracy, I believe, has had some personal problems in the past (including an arrest I think)...so he cis probably singing from his own experiences.N

wmcinnis
02-09-2000, 02:29 PM
I have heard Lessons Learned and have liked Tracy in the past. I didn't realize he was gone for sooooo long though. So, what you're saying is that it was worth the wait, jaredev? Thanks for recommending it :)<BR>-Susan-N

MJ
02-12-2000, 12:29 PM
I have been a big fan of Tracy since "Sticks and Stones".He has had many personal problems and two very close marriages in his short career.He was also shot while finishing up his debut album and almost didn't get to release it.He was also accused of shooting at a couple of teenagers(road rage or something)..they may have settled out of court can't remember.Then he married a girl in a couple of his videos and they seemed happy..she was expecting their first baby and a fireplace exploded and she was injured and lost the baby.They divorced soon after that tragedy and within six months he married a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader who accused him of spouse abuse soon after.I think he may have been arrested but some radio stations stopped playing his music.After Stacy divorced him I think he took some time off to get his personal and legal troubles in order.That is why he titled his song and album "Lessons Learned".I am a fan of Tracy but do not condone spouse abuse in any way shape or form.I truly hope he has his problems worked out and can continue his career.N