PDA

View Full Version : Breathe is one of the ...

loreli
02-08-2000, 08:49 AM
WORST ALBUMS I HAVE EVER HEARD !!!!!<P>I'm not kidding this album will soon be a coaster or a frizbee. It is AWFUL!!!! <P>What is she thinking?? I like Faith Hill, she obviously made this album for the MONEY!!<P>ACKKKKK!!!!<P>LoriN

loreli
02-08-2000, 08:50 AM
Sorry, I just had to vent. hehe :)<P>LoriN

wmcinnis
02-08-2000, 09:01 AM
I like Faith Hill too, but if Breath is any indication what the rest of the C.D. is like I'll have to pass on this one :( Usually I would jump at the chance to get one of her new C.D.s, but I can't stand Breathe. I hear it soooooo much, I could just SCREAM!<BR>Thanks for the warning Loreli :)<BR>-Susan-N

wmcinnis
02-08-2000, 09:03 AM
I guess I ended up venting right along with you :D<BR>-Susan-N

jaredev
02-08-2000, 09:29 AM
Sorry...I have to disagree!<BR>The single "Breathe" spent the most time at #1 by a female country artist in a long time and the album broke the record for most sales in the first week by a female country artist...currently 2+ million sales.<P>Beyond the numbers and her first single...<BR>"The Way You Love Me" should be her next release. This song is fun, upbeat, and most likely will be another #1.<P>Her vocals are beautiful on the album and some of the songs are SO emotionally deep and powerful. <BR>Example: "There Will Come A Day"<BR>Some songs are somewhat pop, but what songs aren't in country music today.<P>I have listened to this CD very frequently since I purchased it in November and I would recommend it to anyone!N

loreli
02-08-2000, 09:45 AM
I respect your opinion Jared, but<P>NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!<P>I love the lyrics to "If I'm Not In Love". That's the best thing I can say. :)<P>LoriN

Anonymous
02-08-2000, 10:34 AM
Just because a song is at number one does not mean that it is a good song. Also I heard the new single today and I thought it was "This Kiss" all over again. It had close to the same beat. I just think it's sad that she'd rather be a one-hit pop wonder than a country star. I wish her the best of luck in her pop career, I just don't want to hear her begging for her country fans back when it ends. N

Pilgrim
02-08-2000, 11:30 AM
NNNNNNOOOOOOO Lori :(<P>Beware there is a Springsteen song on the album :)<P>and I bet she'll does that song more justice than Trisha Yearwood will ever do with "Sad Eyes" :)<P>Brian :)N

loreli
02-08-2000, 11:36 AM
Brian,<P>I really wanted to like this album. I really did. I think she ruined the Springsteen song.<P>I just thought it sounded like this album was thrown together. No feeling behind this at ALL. :(<P>LoriN

jaredev
02-08-2000, 12:31 PM
<B>loreli</B> NO FEELING!?! Have you listened to the CD, or are you just reading the titles? You said yourself you liked "If I'm Not In Love"...if that doesn't have feeling...show me a song that does!! And that song is by no means the only one.<P><B>Anonymous</B>...you're right...just because a song goes #1 doesn't mean it's a good song. BUT someone seems to like it (a lot of someones!!). I don't think you should buy an album or like a song just because it does well on the charts or in sales. However, this album is worthy in my opinion and the numbers show that others seem to think the same thing.<P>N

Pilgrim
02-08-2000, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>BUT someone seems to like it (a lot of someones!!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>*ROFLMAO*<BR>That just had me laughin' really hard :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>Thanks for the laugh Jared :D :D :D<P>BrianN

honky
02-08-2000, 02:04 PM
Well, I kinda agree with <B>Anonymous</B> :o<P>The song, <B>Breathe</B> is just an ordinary song.. not too catchy in my opinion (I hope I don't offend anyone here) It's very strange how most No.1 songs could stay at NO.1 for more than 2 weeks nowadays :o It used to be harder for singles to stay at No.1 though...<P>The song that really <B>PISSED ME</B> is the duet with her husband :( :( THAT ONE IS JUST @#$&!#$@^&& can't say the word here...LOL<P>I mean, even the video for "Breathe" is very disappointing. I used to have high respect of her when she did videos for her previous album. But the new one really bugged me.<P><BR>Tommy<P>N

jaredev
02-08-2000, 02:43 PM
I must say the only part of this CD I was/am disappointed with is the duet with Tim. It just isn't as good as the singles they've done in the past.<P><B>Tommy</B>...not to beat a dead horse, but don't be typing those symbols! It's called creative typing in here and you'll end up where Glenn is! Maybe I'll get banned for animal cruelty (beating a dead horse)!! :)N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
02-08-2000, 03:50 PM
Jaredev, <P>Just thought I would let you know that the use of symbols to relay an expression is permissible in the forums. :) <P>N

loreli
02-08-2000, 07:26 PM
Jared,<P>I said I loved the lyrics, not the way she sings it though. :)<P>I really did WANT to like this CD, I just didn't. It makes me mad too, because I really like Faith Hill.<P>LoriN

honky
02-08-2000, 08:44 PM
<B>jaredev</B>,<P>LOL.. sorry ;) I went speechless when I talked about that duet :o<P>When I first heard it, it gave me this feeling of Faith and Tim doing horizontal polka :o I mean, in my opinion, the song is just way to explicit. I prefer their 2 previous duets which are more classy than this new song :(<P>I used to respect Faith much more when she was the cutie in "This Kiss" video. But then with her POP success, she has changed. It's not the same transition as Shania switched to POP. It's that weird feeling that Faith is trying too hard (do you know what I mean?) Shania is more natural when than Faith when it comes to the POP side. <P>Well, like you said, Faith is loved by millions. <P>TommyN

loreli
02-09-2000, 03:10 AM
Tommy,<P>You said it perfectly. This album sounds like Faith is trying too hard to be pop. :)<P>LoriN

Garthaholic
02-09-2000, 03:41 AM
Are we all listening to the same album?<P>I'm sorry, but Faith's new album is absolutlely excellent. The harmonies and vocals are some of the best combination's I've heard in quite sometime. Her rendition of "There Will Come A Day" is far better than Springsteen ever could imagine. And as far as her duet with Tim, it's great. Tommy is is not explicit at all, you can infer a lot, but it doesn't come right out and say anything(rememeber Madonna's Erotica anyone). That duet is a great love song and most of the folks I know who have heard it love it, especially the women they says it's very romantic.<P>EdN

jaredev
02-09-2000, 07:11 AM
I guess I don't get the feeling that she's trying too hard.<BR>I've probably listened through the whole CD 20+ times and I love it.<BR>And compared to Shania's POP music, this album is not even close. <BR>"This Kiss" was like #2 for the year in country music in 1998...not on POP radio. I was surprised POP radio even played that song.<BR>I respect Shania (and buy her albums), but some of her songs have gone TOO pop. I don't feel that way at all with Faith. <BR>I can't get enough of her vocals on this album...I love it!N

Czy4GB77
02-09-2000, 12:09 PM
Well I guess I'll jump on in this one too. I was never a Faith Hill fan, I don't have any of her other albums so I can't really say if the latest album is better or worse but when I was in Wal-mart for that concert she had and I heard "The Way You Love Me" I had to buy the album because I just couldn't get that song out of my head I liked it so much. When I first listened to the album I didn't know what to think of it because it is more "pop" than "country" but after a few times, it is one of my favorites and I truly think it is a great CD. I don't have any desire to go buy any of her other albums, but if she came out with another one like this one I would go out and buy it as soon as it came out.<BR>I will admit that at first I didn't like Breathe, then I heard it over and over and it grew on me and I love it, but I do think they play it way too much on the radio and that is going to annoy a lot of people. But I think the album is very good and I listen to it all the time. :)<BR>I think a wonderful song on the album is "If I'm Not In Love With You" I don't know if they will release it as a single or not, but the way it is written is just wonderful. :) Of course that could just be because i'm a sappy romantic type of person. *LOL*<P>Paula<P>N

GarthFanCanada1
02-09-2000, 12:25 PM
Lori, I have to stick with you on this one... I bought the CD cause I loved the song Breathe when it came out.... The video wasn't that bad either.... 2 words... Lucky Sheets. Other than that song the rest of the CD sucks... I actually gave the CD to my sister..... I copied Breathe to a blank CD and I don't miss the rest of the CD......<P>Now is it just me, or is Faith going the route of Shania?<P><BR>BarkleyN

loreli
02-09-2000, 12:40 PM
Barkley,<P>YES she is, darn it!!! She made this album for a pop audience. If she had taken care of the music first, like Garth does, then it would have turned out better.<P>LoriN

dreammaster
02-09-2000, 12:51 PM
The song Breathe was good the first couple times I heard it, but now I'm just plain sick of it. I turn the radio off whenever it comes on. But I will say the a couple other songs I've heard off that album have been pretty good. Especially the duet with Tim. :D<P>NikkiN

Pilgrim
02-09-2000, 01:14 PM
Even Springsteen fans like "If I Should Fall Behind" :D<P>That woman is amazing!! :) :)<P>BrianN

MJ
02-12-2000, 12:18 PM
I haven't heard Faiths version of "If I Should Fall Behind" but that was one of the best Springsteen moments I've ever had at a concert.It was very moving and I don't see how Faith could top it.I hope when she and Tim tour together this summer that they do it together(sing that is LOL I know what happened last time they toured together).I know it couldn't top Bruce and his crew but its such a great song it would have to be a great concert moment.N

Pilgrim
02-12-2000, 12:31 PM
<B>MJ</B><P>NOONE can top that version Bruce does with his crew :D :D :D :D<P>I am simply speechless, I don't know how to explain how good it sounds :o<P>Brian :)N

G-man
02-17-2000, 07:20 PM
I bought this album on the first day that it came out and I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it. I admit it doesn't sound country but I was expecting that. I knew because of the success with This Kiss that she would go in a pop direction. I have all of her albums and I must say that her two most recent albums (Breathe and Faith) are much better than her first two (Take Me As I Am and It Matters To Me). The first two albums, to me had good singles with a lot of filler in it. However the last two are filled with great songs. And, I happen to like Faiths new sound cause she is singing with more emotion and feeling than she ever has before. And just one more thing, I dont think that Faith or Shania will ever completely leave country. I honestly believe that country is going to go back to the more traditional songs and the artists will sing more traditional stuff. And one more thing, why do some of you like to start these little posts? Sometimes I think you do it just to stir things up or something. No offense lori, but I come here to read good things about the artists and I AM SICK, SICK, SICK of reading all these mean posts about Shania Twain. I am a fan of hers and I don't know why you guys are always criticizing her. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T LISTEN. Do ever think that there are people who might actually like Shania and Faith in here? LIKE ME !!!!!!!! And I've noticed that it is mostly the women doing all of this. Seems like some of you are jealous for some reason or another. I dont see the guys posting stuff like this(except for Tommy :)). Anyway I don't mean to sound rude or anything. Just my opinion.N

loreli
02-18-2000, 03:47 AM
G-man,<P>That was my whole point! I REALLY like Faith Hill too. That was why I was so disappointed with this CD.<P> I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like her, that would be rather foolish. It like a really good book that has a crappy ending, extremely disappointing. I thought we were allowed to give our opinions, and I did say I was venting.<P>Lori<BR>N

honky
02-18-2000, 01:45 PM
<B>G-Man</B>,<P>LOL... yeah except me who is tired of Shania!! :o I am tired of her because she is on my station LIKE EVERY 10 MINUTES! Since Shania is a Canadian, you should have guessed that she is played like crazy here. I do think she is pretty :) But that doesn't mean I have to tolerate her music ;)<P><BR>TommyN