PDA

View Full Version : Alan Jackson....

Krash
02-01-2000, 11:10 AM
I heard on the radio this afternoon that Alan Jackson's father passed away last night, suddenly, from a heart attack. I guess Alan asked all of country radio to play "HOME" (I think that's the title) at 5:00 EST time today and I just heard it. It was a tribute to his Dad! I thought that was sweet and I feel bad his Dad passed away! I understand they were very close! <P>-KathyN

enutts4gb
02-01-2000, 01:25 PM
My deepest sympathies go out to the Jackson family. :( :( :(<BR>I hope that they find peace during this sad time. :)<BR>Thanks for bringing that up Kathy :), I just heard about it.<P>Erin :)N

dreammaster
02-01-2000, 02:51 PM
whoa, that's heavy. I didn't even know about it. Thanks for telling me. That's sad :( :( :(<P>NikkiN

Patty8660
02-01-2000, 03:42 PM
I heard our radio station announce this and played "Home" at 5 o'clock. They said Alan had requested all country radio stations to play the song at 5 in memory of his dad. He wrote this song about his parents, it was really sad listening to it. My prayers are with his family.<P>PattyN

Pilgrim
02-02-2000, 01:43 AM
:( :( :( :( :(<P>That is really sad :(<P>"Home" is a very touching song I think :o<P>Not that I'm crying over it, I just think it is very honest :)<P>I'm sorry to hear this :(<P>BrianN

kwilliamson
02-02-2000, 08:09 AM
I don't know how I missed this because I have my radio on my desk at work but this morning on the way in to work they announced that Alan's dad had died and was being buried today and they played Home. I know he was close to him and hope that he will be able to handle it. <P>Kathy W.N