PDA

View Full Version : No longer "amazed"...

t.m. fan
01-19-2000, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry to gripe and moan, but is it just me, or is anyone else getting just a tad tired of "Amazed"? As if they didn't play that song enough on country radio, (and they still do!), Lonestar and co. just had to go and ruin the song and release it to pop radio! The very first time I heard that song last spring I loved it. By about August I was sick of it. By November, I was starting to hate anything that played that song, even my own radio. Now, I just feel like shooting myself when I hear it. Has anyone ever heard of overkill? I don't care how good a song is or who sings it-- I don't care if it is Garth or George, even Tim McGraw, ALL songs get old!!! At first, I gotta say I was amazed by the song, now I'm just amazed no one has gotten sick of it. N

Pilgrim
01-19-2000, 09:54 PM
t.m. fan :)<P>I have no problem since they have never played it on radio here in DK :(<P>BUT, they do play Christina Aguilera ALOT and they doesn't even realize that she is atleast 10 times as bad as Britney Spears.<BR>She is probably the most overrated "star" in the music industry today :( :(<P>No offence to blondes but it is amazing ;) what you can achieve with blond hair, no brains and big (o) (o) :o<P>I feel about Christina like you do about Amazed :)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
01-20-2000, 03:37 AM
t.m. fan,<P>what ya think I been saying about Shania for the last year.<P>I'm really getting sick of any song off "come on over (to pop)".<P>I got the album myself, and haven't listened to it in well over a year.<P>JasonN

dreamer
01-20-2000, 04:17 AM
I still love the country version of Amazed, but thoroughly dislike the 'pop' version. It's way too noisy......all of that background noise really takes away from the song.<P>I agree with you, Pilgrim.......Christina A. is VERY overrated! <BR>N

honky
01-20-2000, 03:37 PM
<B>I AGREE</B>!<P>The song "Amazed" is way over played. It's truely amazing how the record label has pushed the song to POP. Well, it's the label's decision anyway. The song itself is not too bad ;)<P>By the way, their new song "Smile" is just so-so. Oh I do like their old song called "You walk in" (?)<P>Oh no.. if you guys are here in Canada, Shania is everywhere! Almost every station plays her song (except the Chinese one!!) :)<P>I could stand her older stuff off "The Women in me", but I have enough of her "Come on Over". I usually turn off my radio whenever "Come on Over" is on, and turn it back on again after 5 minutes ;) <P><BR>TommyN

loreli
01-21-2000, 06:38 AM
Another good song that goes down in the dust because of too much airplay. <P>There really are some good songs out there that never get played.<P>LoriN

BigGfan4life
01-21-2000, 03:50 PM
I hear ya!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooo sick of that song, it takes all my self control not to drive to the radio station and take all their "Amazed" singles and break them!! I used to love that song, and I think it's great, dont get me wrong, but ITS THE ONLY THING THEY EVER PLAY!!! That, and Shania...they just KILL her songs. At this point, I dont even listen anymore unless I know without a doubt that they will play Garth, Tim, Faith, Reba, or Martina. Usually they announce what songs are coming up on the "Ten in a row" and it is usually all Shania and Amazed is usually somewhere in there :( N

boppityboo
01-24-2000, 07:42 AM
I have to agree with you too. I loved the song when it came out, but enough already. :)<BR>I feel the same with Shania, can't she just make a NEW cd...she has released 10! singles off of come on over already, is there any more songs left on there? Another song that got way overplayed and won too many awards.. was Its Your Love, with Tim and Faith. <BR> Lately, I've really been into the Dixie Chicks.. they are really really good. I love their Cowboy Take Me Away... :) If Garth hadn't won the AMA for album, I would have been happy to see DC win it. :)<P>Have a great day,<BR>Ellie :)N

no1cowgirl
01-24-2000, 12:09 PM
*L* Funny that you brought that up....I'm thinkin about creating a website called 'I'm Not Amazed' 'cause I really loved the orginal Lonestar (when John was still with them) and it seems like (with the exception of S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night)...all their music is mushy! *L* Mushy is good, just not all the time! *L*<P><BR>KristaN

wmcinnis
01-24-2000, 03:13 PM
I loved the song when it frist came out too but enough is enough. Now they're playing "Smile" just as much as amazed.<BR>Have to agree with you all about Shania too.<BR>Another one I'm really sick of hearing is "Breathe" by Faith Hill. I was never really crazy about it when it first came out and now I think I just about detest it. I liked Faith's older stuff alot better. :)<BR>-Susan-N

t.m. fan
01-25-2000, 08:48 AM
Yes! There's another song I've really come to hate-- "Breathe"! I can't believe it has spent 6 weeks at #1! At least with "How Forever Feels" and "Amazed", I originally liked those songs before they got overplayed, but with "Breathe", I was never too crazy about that song to begin with. To me, it just sounds like a run of the mill pop song. I don't know what's going on with all these female "country" stars. They see Shania selling 15, 20 million records, and they sellout their country roots to make bigger bucks, Faith, Martina, and who knows who else is going to jump ship now, too. People say, "Oh, pop, country, it doesn't matter, it's just good music, that's all that matters." Well, for them, that may be fine but to me it DOES matter! The reason why I started listening to country in the fist place was to get AWAY from pop. Now it seems to have followed me. When I want to listen to pop muisc, I will listen to a pop radio station. When I'm in the mood for country music, it's always nice to hear country music on the country stations. If these artists want to record pop music, that's their business, but they should title it as such and not release these songs to country radio, and they shouldn't be elible for country music awards when there are plenty of hard-working, talented, and deserving musicians actually making country music. And I know many people who are disappointed with the latest efforts from Martina and Faith, as they were expecting a little more country than what they got. It was a waste of their hard-earned money. Their albums shouldn't be racked in the country section. So you see, it DOES matter! Okay, I'll step of my box now.N

loreli
01-25-2000, 09:15 AM
I'm so sick of BREATHE too. <P>UGH, why won't these stations get a CLUE.<P>LoriN

Pilgrim
01-25-2000, 10:33 AM
t.m. fan<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>The reason why I started listening to country in the fist place was to get AWAY from pop. Now it seems to have followed me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Why don't you go listen to RAP or something like that, so that we the country listeners can get rid of all the pop music? ;) j/k<P>Brian :oN

honky
01-25-2000, 02:55 PM
THANK GOD, our station isn't crazy about "Breathe" just YET!! I think it's just one of same song from Faith. No originality in it.<P>I have to agree with <B>t.m fan</B> about female country artists nowadays. I started listening to country because of COUNTRY STUFF, not a bunch of semi-pop or semi-country songs (only the steel guitar just won't do anything!). <P>The one that I am really sick of is "Cowboy take me away" :( THAT'S ALL I HEARD!!! <P>TommyN

t.m. fan
01-25-2000, 07:51 PM
Pilgrim,<P>There's an idea! If I start listening to rap, do you think they'll start playing country on those stations :)? Interesting thought, huh? Talk about your variety station LOL! But alas, some pop on a country station is a little more bearable than any amount of rap!N

Pilgrim
01-25-2000, 08:43 PM
Yeah, There is no excuse for listening to rap :o<P>BrianN

loreli
01-26-2000, 05:38 AM
I started to listen to country radio because of Rap. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Country has room for both traditional and new country. I happen to like new country more.<P>LoriN

Sab
01-29-2000, 07:29 PM
Amazed isn't bad. But it's not my fav. song either. And Christina isn't as bad as BS... BS just ranks in her own category and it's not good either.N