PDA

View Full Version : New Dixie Chicks CD - anyone have it ?

Teddi Jo
01-06-2000, 06:48 AM
I was thinking of getting it - what do you guys think. I have the first one and like it and I like the new video on CMT "Cowboy Take Me Away". I do like them, but I find I can't listen to the ENTIRE CD at once 'cuz they start to sound a little whiny after a while. Not meaning to dis the chicks or anything - just my opinion :)N

gb4ever
01-06-2000, 10:09 AM
I didn't buy their first album but I did get Fly shortly after it came out. It's a good album. :)N

Pilgrim
01-06-2000, 11:55 AM
I LOVE the Chicks, and the 2nd definitely is better than the first :D<P>BrianN

Jen19
01-06-2000, 01:36 PM
I liked the first CD more but that is just my opion I like a good mix of fast and slow song on a CD so I don't get board and this one dosen't have that mix I like. It does have plenty of good songs, But in my opion the first is better,<P>JenN

wmcinnis
01-06-2000, 02:42 PM
It's a great C.D. Although unlike the 1st one it had to grow on me but now I love it, except for Ready to Run. They've played that to death on the radio and CMT and I'm so sick of it. Anyway it is worth getting.<BR>-Susan-N

honky
01-06-2000, 06:17 PM
well, I don't like the Chicks :(<P>But I heard it's good.<P>TommyN

wmcinnis
01-07-2000, 09:20 AM
It is a great C.D. Although unlike the first one it had to grow on me but now I love it. With the exception of Ready to Run because they've played that song to death on the radio and CMT and I'm really sick of it. The rest of it is great. I got a kick out of Goodbye Earl :D even though it's about abuse.<BR>Go out and get it you'll like it.<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
01-07-2000, 10:18 AM
Susan!<BR>Goodbye Earl is an AWESOME song :) :)<P>I wish more stars would have the guts to sing about stuff like that, where we actually can make a difference, instead of singing about world peace all the time, because we all know it is impossible :o<P>Brian :DN

Jude
01-07-2000, 10:23 AM
I love the cd - I also liked their previous cd but I agree Fly had to grow on me. I also have a 1993 cd by them called Shouldn't told you that - but they had a different line up of Emily Erwin, Martie Erwin and Laura Lynch. N

Palle
01-07-2000, 01:12 PM
<B>HAVE IT - LOVE IT</B> :D :D :D :D :D<P>I think it is a very well produced album, with a lot of great songs, but <I>Goodbye Earl</I> is sooooooooooooooooooooooo <B>GOOD</B> and the same goes for <I>Sin Wagon</I> :)<P>I love the Chicks, and I do think you should buy this album. It is worth the money :D :) ;)N

honky
01-07-2000, 01:34 PM
Although "World Peace" is not possible, it's worthwhile to talk about it. At least it will inspire people or remind people that we should not be animals killing each other.<P>TommyN

G-man
01-07-2000, 02:15 PM
Yes I have the CD and I LOVE it!! It is definetely worth your money! Not only are the songs great but their songwriting and instrumentation are awesome!! :) :) :)N

wmcinnis
01-07-2000, 06:56 PM
Sorry about posting twice but my first post didn't show up as you can see until today.<BR>Things are acting strange here over the last little while.<BR>-Susan-N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
01-09-2000, 03:14 PM
I have both of the Dixie Chicks CDs. I love them both. <P> :) <BR>MonicaN