PDA

View Full Version : Any Alan Jackson fans????

wmcinnis
01-04-2000, 02:19 PM
I got Alan Jackson's new C.D. for Christmas and was wondering what you thought of it?<BR>I really like Pop A Top and a few others but the rest of it has to grow on me.<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
01-04-2000, 08:04 PM
I like Alan Jackson :)<BR>But I don't have the new one :o<P>BrianN

Teddi Jo
01-06-2000, 06:44 AM
I do like AJ but don't have the new CD . I've heard Pop A Top on CMT and I like it. The best CD I think was "Who I Am" (is that the title) The one with "Gone Country", "Living On Love", etc. I liked that one the most so far.N

Jude
01-06-2000, 10:12 AM
We are always behind over here - the latest cd I have is Under the Influence. Brilliant!! especially Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffett.N

gb4ever
01-06-2000, 10:20 AM
Hi Jude, you are right up to date! That is his new album. :)N

dreammaster
01-06-2000, 01:44 PM
I haven't gotten A.J.'s new one yet, but I really want it. Pop A Top and Margaritaville are two awesome songs!!! ;)<P>NikkiN

wmcinnis
01-06-2000, 02:36 PM
I've been listening to it in the car since my last post and I can say now that I really like it. It's nice to hear traditional country for a change. Have you guys seen the Pop A Top video, it's pretty good. There's a shot(a very quick one) of Alan with his hat off, it's pretty far away too but all I can say is he should leave his hat on :D<BR>-Susan-N

Lommi
01-07-2000, 08:00 AM
I think Alan does a really nice job with this<BR>new one.I did'nt know these songs before,<BR>exept Margaritaville,but he has the voice and talent to almost make'em his own.<BR>Henrik. N

theking
01-13-2000, 02:44 PM
I <B>love</B> the new Alan Jackson CD. My favorite tracks are "The Blues Man", "Pop A Top", and "Kiss An Angel Good Morning". I think it's one of the best country CDs to be released in a while because it's actually a <B>country</B> CD and not a <B>country-pop</B> CD. For some reason I've become a big fan of Alan's lately. I've managed to collect all his songs off the Internet except for a few of the Christmas ones, and I made 4 CDs that contain all his songs except the Christmas ones. I call it "The Complete Alan Jackson Collection". I can't wait to see him on this upcoming tour. I heard on the radio that Mark Chesnutt, Brad Paisley, Lonestar, and Clay Walker are going to be opening for him. Woo-hoo!N

dreammaster
01-15-2000, 05:36 AM
Hey, king, do you know what states A.J. is going to on his tour? I would really, really, really like it if he was coming to Minnesota. :)<P>NikkiN

Brits
01-17-2000, 08:46 AM
Yeppers! One Alan fan, right here!<P>I too, love the new album. My favourites would be <I>The Way I Am</I> and <I>My Own Kind of Hat</I>.<BR>I also think that he does a GREAT job on Charley Pride's classic song. And I love how Jimmy and Alan blame each other for what happened...<P>As to seeing him on tour, I just bought tickets this morning to see him here in Indianapolis! This will be our forth time seeing him. Lonestar is opening for him here. They're good, but I was hoping it'd be Brad Paisley (who I've seen twice! <B>Highly</B> recommended).<BR>Hazel :)N

jaredev
01-18-2000, 08:23 AM
I'm not a huge fan of A.J. or traditional country music, but I find myself buying all of his albums. "Pop A Top" and "Margaritaville" are my favorites, but I'm sure the others will grow on me.N