PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith...How Do You Like Me Now?

Cheryl
12-24-1999, 06:24 AM
Anybody seen this new video yet? I think it's just too funny! :) I dont know anything about Toby Keith, but he does seem to have a knack for making beyond the typical "no brainer" video! (ie...Getcha Some) Maybe it's some of Garth's influence coming thru. :)N

honky
12-24-1999, 06:08 PM
I have heard this song on radio :) It's great!<P>TommyN

no1cowgirl
12-25-1999, 07:26 AM
Cheryl- <BR> *L* I LOVE that song...and the video is so cute! The actor that plays a young Toby looks a lot like him and they matched the teenage and grown up girl really well, too! <BR> This is gonna be my song to all my ex's when I (well, if I) become famous! *LOL*<P>KristaN

gbcgbeliever
12-26-1999, 09:38 AM
there are three artist who are my favorites; needless to say Garth.... Elvis... and Toby Keith,who I have been a fan of since Should'a Been a Cowboy" Anyone who doesn't know his music is missing a LOT!..I joined his fan club in 94 and have talked to him many times and he is a heck of a nice guy and really appreciates his fans. Since his joining up with Dreamworks, we have seen a "new and improved' Toby . Although there was nothing wrong with the old Toby...Do yourself a favor and buy "How Do You Like Me Now". Before long, you will be adding all his cd's to your collection... janet angell<BR> N

danjrus2u2
12-30-1999, 09:07 AM
Toby just keeps getting better. He's a heck of a nice guy not to mention the talent. I'd recommend all of his CD'sN

dreammaster
01-03-2000, 03:37 PM
I absolutely love the song. <P>NikkiN

OHBAL
01-21-2000, 05:46 AM
I know this was an older thread, but I'm usually out at the regular Garth forums and popped into this one so I could recommend Toby Keith. Well some of you have already found him! :D<P>I just love the "How Do You Like Me Now" video. I almost never buy any non-Garth CDs but bought this one the other day and... LOVE IT, LOVE IT! :D<P>Check out track #9 - I think the actual title is When you kiss me like this?????? WOW!!!!<P>If I was young & single, slow dancing with someone while that song is playing could be downright DANGEROUS! ;)<P>Maybe I'm also subconsciously trying to fill the void that will be left without new Garth releases, but TK just might have the potential to get me through it. Yes, I will always get lost in Garth's music but TK does do some good things for my ears! :D<P>BevN

Krash
01-23-2000, 10:59 AM
I really like Toby Keith and I LOVE this new song and the video is really cute too! :)<P>-KathyN

jaredev
01-23-2000, 04:13 PM
I love the song, love the video, and love the album! I would recommend this album to anyone! <BR><B>OHBAL</B>...I totally agree that #9 is a great, powerful song...my favorite! N

Lowell Miller
01-23-2000, 06:34 PM
I have heard about the video, it has a good concept. I don't get any country videos where I live. :(N

AZamy77
01-23-2000, 09:52 PM
Good song Cheryl! :) Funny video! :)<BR>I LIKE it! I like the "wake up call" part! <BR>WOOOOOHOOOOOO Toby! :)<P>Amy :)N

Pilgrim
01-24-2000, 01:31 AM
I don't know much about the dude :o<P>BrianN

MJ
01-26-2000, 02:30 PM
I really enjoy Toby also.I have seen him in concert several times and I guess I really like the aspect that he writes or cowrites all of his songs.I finally caught the new video the other day and thought how many of us have felt like that.LOL.<P>Pilgrim...believe it or not their are several people on the Bruce Springsteen page that I go to sometimes that mention Toby as an artist that they like.They like the way he writes and sometimes compares to bruces working man songs.It might be someone you would like to learn a little more about.N

MelMalovesGB4eva
01-26-2000, 02:42 PM
I love the song, too. Haven't seen the video though.N

Pilgrim
01-26-2000, 08:22 PM
<B>MJ</B><P>I guess I have to check him outt :) :D<P>What Springsten page does you go to?? :o<P>I am usually at <A HREF="http://www.greasylake.org" TARGET=_blank>www.greasylake.org</A> :D<P>BrianN

kwilliamson
02-02-2000, 08:18 AM
I love Toby Keith. I was at a concert a few years back and we were lucky...on the front row. Anyway, the security would let people hand gifts, flowers, etc. to the security and the security would hand them to Toby. Well, the lights were in Toby's eyes and he leaned over and touched his lips and said "Thank you" TO ME!!! I was embarassed because everybody by me saw him do that but also felt bad for the person who gave the flowers to him. I will always treasure that moment...because I don't get too many...LOL. We have several of his cds and I love the video.<BR>Kathy W.N

changer
02-05-2000, 05:17 AM
Tobys' up to #3 on the GAC countdown this week! Very Cool. It's my husband's favorite video because they both have very similar "attitutes" about life, etc, if you what I mean. Yes he is hell to live with!!<P>I wish they would play the 'Gotta get you some' video more though. I really like that one too. <P>Which CD do you guys recommend buying first..?<P>changerN

MJ
02-05-2000, 02:50 PM
If you don't have any of Toby's CD's yet he has a Greatest Hits out the will get you most of his charted songs.I think it includes "Getcha Some" on it.I don't have the new one yet so I can't recommend it yet but I have all of his others and have enjoyed everyone.I really recommend seeing him in concert if you get the chance.N

SeaGBfan
02-06-2000, 06:05 PM
I love this song! I like the meaning behind the song and the video. That we should appreciate people for who they are, not what possesions they may bring us. It makes people look at the person, not the image. He seems like a very nice guy, with a prospective about what has happened to him.<P>MaryN

OHBAL
02-09-2000, 08:38 AM
I posted above that I bought TK's newest CD and LOVED IT!! :D<P>Well, last night I bought his "Greatest Hits - Vol 1". I DIDN'T KNOW HE DID THOSE SONGS!! :o<P>Isn't that strange that I've heard that man sing a thousand times but never paid any attention until I saw the "How Do You Like Me Now" video? :o<P>Actually, other than Garth, he's the first singer since I was in my teens/early twenties (I'm 43 now) that made me run out and buy more than one of his CD's.<P>I think I just might go buy the rest of his CD's too! :D I'm totally impressed with this guy's music and "growling" voice! :D<P>BevN

littleotgirl
02-09-2000, 02:01 PM
I love this song and this video. It has personal meaning for me as This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I have lost 100lbs since than and feel like going to the reunion and signing "how do you like me now?"N

OHBAL
02-10-2000, 01:17 PM
littleotgirl -<P>Girlfriend - I do believe I found those hundred pounds that you lost! ;) And I'd be glad to send them back to you whenever you want them! ;)<P>Just kidding - congratulations on losing the weight - Now get to that reunion and make their jaws drop! :D<P>Bev<P>N

MJ
02-12-2000, 12:41 PM
Bev...I have all of his music except for the new one and have seen him in concert a dozen times.I think he writes or cowrites all of his songs and in concert he'll explain how certain songs came about.Very entertaining.He also has a chain of resteraunts(Texmex) in Arizona(can't remember the name).If you are a member of the columbia house record club they have a couple of Toby's older CD's in the 99 cent bin..I'm not sure how much they are if your not a member.I think they have a website..Columbiahouse.com..might be worth checking out.N

littleotgirl
02-12-2000, 02:43 PM
Bev<P>Thanks for the encouragement. I am sorry If I gave you the 100 pounds. But girlfriend I do not want them back! Maybe you vcan find find some other deserving person. Just kidding.<P>I am looking foward to the reunion and the song seems fitting to me. There I differently people I would love to go up to and say "How Do you Like me NOw?"<P>Tricia <BR>N

OHBAL
02-13-2000, 07:46 AM
MJ-<P>tobykeith.com allows orders for any of his cd's. I'll probably end up ordering some from there.<P>Littleotgirl-<P>Actually, I'd like to give those pounds back to all my kids - each one gave me more and more extra. I started at size 6 and now, 4 kids later, I'm at 16.<P>Wouldn't it be way cool if How Do You Like Me Now started playing just as you walked into the reunion??<P>BevN

littleotgirl
02-13-2000, 12:27 PM
Bev<BR> I does not matter what size we are. All though I have noticed people do tend to treat you differently. I bet the kids are worth it.<BR> It would be very awesome If the song was played at the reunion. I will have to reguest.<BR>Tricia <BR>N

TK
02-17-2000, 12:03 AM
I really like this video as well. I have his new CD, and it's the third one of his I've bought.<P>The new vidoe also got my sister, not a Toby Keith fan, interested in him and she's now going to get some of his stuff - very cool.<P>(Actually, I think her taste is improving, she didn't like Garth before "Right Now" - weird, huh?)<P>TKN

Linda Bonar
02-17-2000, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by littleotgirl:<BR><B>I love this song and this video. It has personal meaning for me as This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I have lost 100lbs since than and feel like going to the reunion and signing "how do you like me now?"</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>YOU GO GIRL!!! I lost a lot of weight since high school and just went to my twenty year reunion. Was it FUN! I loved, Loved, LOVED having people come up to me and say, "Linda? Is that YOU?" You'll have a GREAT time at your reunion. Let's all sing, "How do You Like Me Now?!!!!" Hallelujah!!N

littleotgirl
02-23-2000, 03:55 PM
Linda good for you on your weight loss. You are right It would be cool to go to the reunion and have people come up to me and say wow tricia is that you. I guess i just have to make my reunion if for no other reason but to try and get the song played.<P>triciaN

loreli
02-24-2000, 12:01 PM
I just saw this video !!! It is so GREAT.<P>Like Lowell, I don't get CMT but I was away for a few days and the resort had CMT. I was in heaven!!<P>Toby said if Shania can make men bashing songs he could make one that bashed women. I thought it was funny. :D<P>littleotgirl, you go show 'em !!!!<P>Lori<P><BR>N

TOBYFAN
05-25-2000, 03:14 PM
I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled into it by accident and had to reply. I am a huge Toby fan and I love to hear from others who enjoy his music. I wanted to say to the person who asked which CD was the best to buy first if you haven't already the Greatest Hits CD would probably be the best. You get a little bit of all the CD's there except the HDYLMN CD. They are all great and it would be hard to pick one as the best "first". I have all of them and I think the Greates Hits and HDYLMN are the ones I play the most. Also I wanted to say to the girl going to her class reunion. I hope you say "How do you like me now?" to all the people who treated you badly-if any did- when you get there. Good Luck!N

minnesotagbfan
05-25-2000, 04:27 PM
i like the video..not the songN

BlueRose
05-26-2000, 06:29 AM
Hey TOBYFAN!<P>I love Toby Keith and I've seen him several times! I think he's one of the most underrated artists out there. I'm so glad he did HDYLMN because he's now getting the success he deserves. A friend once asked him why he was so underrated, seeing that he writes alot of his own songs and they are great. His reply was, he doesn't live in Nashville and he doesn't kiss butt!<P>One of my favorites is "Does That Blue Moon Ever Shine On You"!<P>Cheryl<BR>N

NewestGBFan
05-26-2000, 02:20 PM
I love the song and the video.<P>What I can't understand is how it didn't get best video at the ACM awards. How did a woman prancing around in bedsheets (Faith Hill) win for best video when HDYLMN is so clever.<P>ElaineN

TOBYFAN
05-27-2000, 10:47 AM
I think the reason Barbie and Ken (AKA Faith and Tim) win everything on most of the award shows is because they are not fan voted. Toby really deserves a lot more credit than he gets. I wonder if everyone is as sick of them (Ken and Barbie) as myself and most of the country fans I know are. N