PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's opinion welcome (another Shania topic)

BigGfan4life
11-21-1999, 01:45 PM
Ok, so I'm sure most of you have heard how Shania is re-releasing Come on Over again this Tuesday with 15 new dance mixes of the songs. Well, I'd like to know ~ how many people think this is just a lame way to get more money and/or increase her album sales? Seriously, I would never buy a re-release of a Garth album if it was the same songs, just "dance mixes". Does anyone even think this re-release will sell well? I think she is putting it out specifically on Tues. to compete with Garth and Reba, that way people can say she had better first-day sales than them. Or perhaps I am reading too much into it, but it just makes me mad that any artist would do that. If it was a live album, that would be ok, but we've all had to hear these dance mixes on the radio already, and now she's putting them out on CD. What do you all think about it?N

wmcinnis
11-21-1999, 01:56 PM
I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not a big Shania fan, but I really don't think she's going to even come close to Reba or Garth. I'm Canadian and I probably should be supporting her but they play her to death down here and I get sick of her music really fast. So as for this dance mix C.D. I really don't think it'll do that great. :)N

honky
11-21-1999, 02:05 PM
<B>Shannon</B>,<P>LOL.. you know this is going to be complicated when Shania's topic is up ;) well, I am not a big fan of hers, and I really think the RE-RELEASE of her "Come on Over" is very cheap. Well, think about how many times Shania told the press that "Yes, my heart goes to Country music".. :o (I can't believe she is still saying that!)<P>Anyway, even if this is her record label's decisionN

Troyal
11-26-1999, 10:18 AM
I don't care if you are a Shania fan or not, but you have to realize that people said the same thing about Garth releasing his boxed set with one new song on each CD. Critics complained that he was just trying to sell more albums, just like you are complaining about Shania. N

t.m. fan
11-26-1999, 10:46 AM
Okay..... where did the other 13 replies go?<P>Any ways, I said the same thing you did, somewhere.N