PDA

View Full Version : SHANIA #1 on Canadian Charts??????

wmcinnis
11-21-1999, 01:33 PM
I was listening to the weekly countdown on my local radio station this morning and much to my amazement, Shania's title track "Come on Over" is number 1. She knocked Martina McBride (she's been #1 for the last 6 wks.) down to the number 2 spot. Give me a break, this song is like a year and a half old. I couldn't believe it. N

Pilgrim
11-21-1999, 09:03 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO :D :D<P>Way to go Shania :D :D<P>BrianN

wmcinnis
11-23-1999, 05:57 PM
Pilgrim<P>I take it you're a big time Shania fan? :)<BR>Well she's no Martina McBride that's for sure. I guess you could take that comment a few ways. :o<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-23-1999, 08:35 PM
Martina is GREAT!!! :D :D<BR>It's better with Shania, Faith or Martina on top of the charts than, lets say Trisha, Reba and Kathy :D<P>BrianN

wmcinnis
11-24-1999, 11:03 AM
I agree with you about the Kathy part but as for Reba and Trishia, they're right up there with Martina and Faith! :)<BR>Maybe I should share with you why I'm a little bitter when it comes to Shania. Well here I go..I forget which awards show I was watching, anyway Shania had just won the Diamond Award I think it was and they were interviewing her backstage and her exact words were, and I quote,"If it wasn't for the Americans." I know her sales are big in the states but to make a comment like that, does she forget where she came from? I'm not the only one down here that didn't like that remark but hey, we just take it from where it's coming from. ;)<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-24-1999, 11:25 AM
Well, I do understand you :) Especially while I have family "all" over Ontario :)<P>Well, now listen :D<P>Yesterday they were showing footage from the celebration of Wayne Gretzky and his induction to HHOF :) That was cool to see in Danish TV.<BR>What do you think the reporter said? :o<BR>He said!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>The American Wayne Gretzky is with no doubt the best hockey player ever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That was what he said :o :o :o<P>Sorry :o<P>BrianN

wmcinnis
11-25-1999, 11:14 AM
Well, I see a pattern forming here because I think about as much of Wayne Gretsky as I do Shania Twain, and that's not much at all. Ever since I forget what year it was 1995 or so when Gretsky high-sticked Gilmour and cut him, but did he get a game misconduct? NOOOO not The Great One. And if he doesn't score the winning goal, taking out Toronto for a chance at the Cup. That game was bought and paid for. <BR>Anyway no offence to all the Americans out there but you can have them both, it's just too bad that they seem to forget that where they started out, those were the people that supported them to get to where they are today. :(<BR>Sorry to vent all this on you Pilgrim but it just strikes a nerve that's all. Thanks for listening. :)<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-25-1999, 12:18 PM
Are you a Leafs fan??? :o<BR>Could I say <P><B>TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS KICK MAJOR ASS</B>? :)<P>Tomorrow night they're gonna lose against the Flyers :( but they are going to whipe their a$$e$ again in the play offs :D :D<P>BrianN

wmcinnis
11-25-1999, 05:27 PM
Well, I really don't have much choice but to be a Leaf fan, my husband is a die-hard fan so needless to say he's turned me into one. We go see a game in Toronto at least once a year. We haven't been to a game yet in the new Air Canada Centre but soon I hope. :)<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-25-1999, 10:18 PM
Are your hubby on a Maple Leafs mailing list?? :o<BR>Just wondering because I have subscribed to one with real die hard fans :)<P>BrianN

G-man
11-25-1999, 11:31 PM
Come On Over here Shania!<P>Well, Susan you said it. You said we can have her. Well, she's welcome with me anytime! :D Seriously, I understand what you mean, but I don't think she meant any wrong. She got the diamond award at an american award show and it was for her sales here in america. Thats probably what she meant. Still, she can Come On Over to my place anytime she wants. :)<P>GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNII IIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>N

Jude
11-26-1999, 09:24 AM
Is Shania's no1 the original? I've heard she is re-releasing Come on Over! N

wmcinnis
11-26-1999, 04:17 PM
Brian;<BR>No he's not on a mailing list. What is this?<P>Jude;<BR>I'm not sure if it's the original or the dance mix. As much as they play it down here I kind of try to block it out. How many times does she say "COME ON OVER" in that song? It sounds like about a hundred times.<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-27-1999, 09:14 AM
Susan :)<BR>It's a list where Leafs fans write about all kind of rumours, games, problems etc.<BR>I think it's pretty cool because they seem to know A LOT :D :D<P>He could also join Couch Corner on <A HREF="http://www.penaltybox.com" TARGET=_blank>www.penaltybox.com</A> <P>That's a very cool news site :)<P>BrianN

wmcinnis
11-28-1999, 04:06 PM
Thanks Brian for the site info, I'll be sure and tell him about it. :)<BR>Guess what? Shania's #1 for the 2nd week now. I'm thrilled. But HOT on her tail is the Dixie Chicks. GO CHICKS GO! Martina's down to #3 spot now.<BR>Anyway I don't think she'll last long with the chicks on her butt. :D<BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-28-1999, 08:41 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<P>The Chicks are soooo cool :D :D :D<P>BrianN