PDA

View Full Version : He Didn't have To Be ...

Teddi Jo
11-18-1999, 03:27 PM
Like I've said before, don't get too much country radio but I've been watching this song on the CMT Top 12 People's Choice. I LOVE IT ! Brad Paisley - never really heard of him before. I really liked this one ! Any other fans ?N

mlombo
11-18-1999, 04:37 PM
I absolutely love this song! It's my favorite song out now by far.N

TroyalGBfan
11-18-1999, 06:15 PM
I havn't heard very much of this guy, but this song is awsome. :D<P>Lovin' Garth Always & All Ways...<BR>RAYLEENN

G-man
11-18-1999, 06:36 PM
Love the song! Very touching!N

wmcinnis
11-18-1999, 10:11 PM
Definitely a great song and an excellent video. <BR>-Susan-N

Pilgrim
11-18-1999, 10:44 PM
Who??? What song??? :o<P>BrianN

Krash
11-19-1999, 01:16 AM
This song wasn't a song I instantly loved but I'll tell you, I absolutely love the song now and the video. Every time I hear it..it's just one of those songs that tugs at those heart strings. Very good song! :)<P>-KathyN

Anonymous
11-19-1999, 06:09 AM
Wow, I can't believe there are so many people who don't know who Brad Paisley is! His first single was "Who Needs Pictures" and now "He Didn't Have to Be" might be his first number 1 hit. He was one of the highest selling artist at Fan Fair this year and his show there was wonderful. If you want to know more about him you can go to <A HREF="http://www.bradpaisley.com." TARGET=_blank>www.bradpaisley.com.</A> Brad's 28 years old, from West Virginia and co-wrote all but one song on his debut album. That one song is "In the Garden" a gospel song. His album is great--some very cute and funny songs. It's definitely worth buying. I have a feeling he'll be big in the future.--Brad Paisley Fan Club Member #60.N

jwade
11-20-1999, 05:28 AM
I was introduced (not personally) to Brad Paisley at Fan Fair last year. I think he's great. I love his new song, too. Brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it.N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
11-20-1999, 06:09 PM
I agree, the song is great and the video is a tearjerker! <P>I am waging that it goes to Number 1!!<P>N

mhawk
11-20-1999, 07:07 PM
i have to agree with yall...it is a very touching song. especially if it hits home with you. <P>the first time i heard this song,...i started balling when it came to the part where his wife was having a baby. me and my fiance were going to have a baby a little while ago,...but what happened next was horrible for us...i lost it. it was very hard on me and it still is...especially when songs like this can remind you of it quite a bit. but it's also songs like this that can make you think out the future and how great they can be when the time is right. ;) :) N

Pilgrim
11-21-1999, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the link Anonymous :D<P>BrianN

MJ
11-29-1999, 03:51 PM
I saw him open for Brooks and Dunn this summer.At the time I had only heard one song by him...he sang "He Didn't Have To Be" and said that it would be released later..I figured it would be a big hit by the response he got from it at the concert.He also sang a funny little tune called "Me Neither"..I hope they release it next.N

Anonymous
11-30-1999, 08:55 AM
Just to let you all know "He Didn't Have to Be" will be the number one song on the Billboard charts for the week of December 11, 1999. It's Brad's first number one song. N

Paula
11-30-1999, 02:54 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. I've liked both singles that Brad Paisley has put out from the first moment I heard them. Both just grabbed me right from the start. I can't say that for a lot of songs I hear...most of the time they have to grow on me. The first thing that catches my ear when I hear a song for the first time is the melody. It usually takes me a while to "hear" the lyrics, but it didn't take me long at all to hear the lyrics to his singles.<P>I just picked up his CD and haven't listened to it yet but am looking forward to it. I saw him in concert with Alan Jackson over the summer, and I think he is going to go far in his career.<P>PaulaN

CaptMorgan
11-30-1999, 03:45 PM
I don't watch CMT very often, but I just saw this video for the first time the other day. What a wonderful and very powerful song and video this is! <P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N