PDA

View Full Version : Album of the Decade

t.m. fan
11-08-1999, 03:02 PM
It's that time again, for me to make another survey! Since we have less than two months 'til the end of the decade, I thought it would be cool to have the decade awards. For this week, I'll start with the Album of the Decade. The nominees are:<P>1. "No Fences", Garth Brooks<BR>It won the 1991 CMA and ACM album of the year awards and features the hits "Friends In Low Places", "Unanswered Prayers", "Two Of A Kind, Workin' On A Full House", and "Thunder Rolls".<P>2. "Don't Rock The Jukebox", Alan Jackson<BR>It won the 1992 ACM album of the year award and features the hits "Don't Rock The Jukebox", "Dallas", "Midnight In Montgomery", "Someday", and "Love's Got A Hold On You".<P>3. "Carrying Your Love With Me", George Strait<BR>It won the 1997 CMA and the 1998 ACM album of the year awards and features the hits "Round About Way", "Carrying Your Love With Me", "One Night At A Time", and "Today My World Slipped Away".<P>4. "Everywhere", Tim McGraw<BR>It won the 1998 CMA album of the year award and features the hits "It's Your Love", "Everywhere", "Just To See You Smile", "One Of These Days", "Where The Green Grass Grows", and "For A Little While".<P>5. "Wide Open Spaces", Dixie Chicks<BR>It won the 1999 ACM album of the year award and features the hits "I Can Love You Better", "There's Your Trouble", "Wide Open Spaces", "You Were Mine", and "Tonight The Heartache's On Me".<P>6. Other<BR>As usual, feel free to add your own if you feel I missed a deserving nominee. It was pretty hard to narrow it down to just five albums! N

hugeGBnutt
11-08-1999, 03:27 PM
<B>NO FENCES baby!!!!! ;) :D</B><P>aRiN

Troyal
11-08-1999, 04:10 PM
Obviously any CD of Garth could be considered Album of the Decade, but Shania's The Woman in Me and Come On Over have to be candidates as well.N

Pilgrim
11-08-1999, 08:37 PM
<B>NO FENCES!!!!! No doubt!</B><P>I have to agree with Troyal :)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
11-09-1999, 04:10 AM
of course...<P><B>No Fences</B><P>JasonN

Anonymous
11-09-1999, 05:38 AM
The other nominees don't even come close to No Fences!N

loreli
11-09-1999, 02:18 PM
NO FENCES!! <P>P.S. I don't think you will get any other answer here. :)N

honky
11-09-1999, 04:13 PM
LOL.. IT'S EASY :) <B>NO FENCES!!!</B> <P>TommyN

gb4ever
11-09-1999, 10:52 PM
here's another vote for "No Fences" :)N

Garthaholic
11-10-1999, 03:06 AM
We have a YEAR and TWO M0NTHS TILL THE END OF THE DECADE. Geez folks...COUNT.N

t.m. fan
11-10-1999, 10:35 AM
Garthoholic,<P>I don't see how the year 2000 is part of the '90's. A decade is made up of 10 years. Let's count them, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999. That's 10. So to me, it looks as if there is only less than 2 months left in the 1990's. Whether the year 2000 is part of this century or next century is anybody's opinion, I think it has to be part of next century for crying out loud, but it surely isn't part of the 1990's!N

Pilgrim
11-10-1999, 11:07 AM
ROFL t.m. fan :)<P>BrianN

t.m. fan
11-10-1999, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry, Pilgrim I'm not sure what ROFL means :oN

Pilgrim
11-10-1999, 11:38 AM
Rollin' On the Floor Laughin' again :o t.m. fan<BR>I just found your reply too funny :)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
11-10-1999, 11:39 AM
t.m.,<P>ROFL = Rollingaround Outside For Looks :)<P>Nooooo j/k LOL :)<P>ROFL= <B>R</B>olling <B>O</B>n the <B>F</B>loor <B>L</B>aughing<P>LOL<BR>Jason :)N

t.m. fan
11-10-1999, 01:34 PM
Oh, thanks Pilgrim and Chris Gaines :)N

BigGfan4life
11-10-1999, 02:49 PM
No Fences without a doubt :) And I'm not saying that just cause I love Garth...I listen to Everywhere all the time and I like it very much, but it doesn't compare to No Fences.N

t.m. fan
11-14-1999, 01:10 PM
Well, I guess it's the "Same Old Story", Garth wins again! I guess "Some Things Never Change". You guys voted "No Fences" to be the album of the 1990's. Some of you may give me the "Cold Shoulder" for going "Against The Grain", but as most of you can probably guess, my vote for album of the 1990's is "Everywhere". Up until I was "Seventeen", I hated country music. I'm pretty stubborn in my ways when it comes to music. But then I heard "Just To See You Smile" since "My Best Friend" started listening to country music, and I just loved it! So I bought my first country album. If that album can turn a country-hatin' teenager (which I was) into a country lovin' man (which I am) then I'll be damned if I vote anything else for album of the decade. "Every Now And Then", I'll put on "The Hits" or some other album, but as far as I can see, for "My Next Thirty Years", Tim will hold that special place in my ear. And I don't care if no one else here feels the same way I do, I'll go down "Kickin' And Screamin'" for Tim's music, just like all of you would for Garth. So it isn't the least bit surprising that a Garth Brooks forum votes "No Fences" as its album of the decade. I'm sure that album is one of the reasons why you come to this forum in the first place. I had originally planned to do more of these surveys, like song of the decade, male artist of the decade, female artist, duo or group, and entertainer. But I can already guess who or what will win song, male artist, and entertainer of the decade. Garth Brooks and any song of his I nominate. I can understand him winning, but folks, at least make it interesting! Where are all the Alan Jackson fans, the George Strait fans, the Kenny Chesney fans even? I mean you guys pop up and post about how you thing Kenny will be the next Garth, or you ask where all the other Alan Jackson fans are, but when it comes time to support your favorite artist you disappear into the horizon. I've heard "No Fences", I've heard "Everywhere", I've heard "Carrying Your Love With Me", I've heard "Wide Open Spaces", and I've heard half of "Don't Rock The Jukebox" (all the hits) and sentimental feelings aside I do honestly believe "Everywhere" is the greatest, but "That's Just Me".N

loreli
11-14-1999, 02:24 PM
In defence of Garthoholic, the year is not counted until it has already passed, so some say that the new millenium doesn't actually start until 2001. There has been great debate here, but no answer, so most people are going for the year 2000. N