PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chicks review on Danish :-)

Pilgrim
09-12-1999, 08:15 AM
Here is a little review of the new Dixie Chicks album. From a Danish Newspaper.<P><I><B>REAL GIRLS IS TO COUNTRY</B></I><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>This</B> is simply the most tricky and uplifting country-album, I have heard in years.<BR>Dixie Chicks singlehandlely makes the Nashville sound something you would dare to <BR>trust again. The trio’s Grammy awarded debut album ”Wide Open Spaces” have sold<BR>more than 6 million copies, in USA. And if justice exists, the second album ”Fly” will pass this record, before anyone can say &gt;Garth Brooks has passed the peak&lt;.<BR>”Fly” start out with the irresisteble ”Ready To Run” – the theme song from the Julia Roberts <BR>movie ”Runaway Bride”. But the party doesn’t end here.<BR>On ”Cold Day In July” Natalie, Martie and Emily shows themselves in their most beautiful and harmonic way.<BR>On ”Some Days You Gotta Dance” the girls is upgrading line-dancing into some kind of art.<BR>Then there is the song that has put the conservative Nashville on the other end: ”Goodbye Earl”.<BR>Of course this isn’t the first time some sings about abused spouces in the Music City.<BR>But never before has the conclusion been so brutal funny: &gt;Earl had to die…&lt;<BR>The Friends in the song, Mary Anne and Wanda together kill Wanda’s abusive husband Earl<BR>With poisoned peas and bury him in the backyard.<BR>The funny chorus &gt;Goodbye Earl…&lt; is clinging out loud and fulgent, while the police is searching after the missing husband.<BR>And after the two friends has got away with their crime, the three country-chicks has to warn on the cover of the album (after all it is American):<BR><I>The Dixie Chicks do not advocate premiditated murder, but love getting even</I><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Please post your opinions, we (Palle and me) have had a hard time translating this for you guys</B><P> :) :) :) :) :) :( 5 stars out of 6<P>I think it's a cool review eventhough he is a bitty harsh on Garth :)<P>Brian<BR>N

Czy4GB77
09-12-1999, 09:45 AM
Well I think it is a very good review :) I like the Dixie Chicks and I enjoy playing their new album because it is very upbeat. I don't have any problem playing it over and over again, and "Goodybye Earl" is one of my favorites, makes me laugh everytime. ;) Thanks for posting it! it was nice to read, and you did a great job translating it!<P>PaulaN

honky
09-12-1999, 11:51 AM
<B>Pilgrim</B>,<P>What? Dixie Chicks can pass the peak? I doubt! Some critics just can't stick to what they are talking about!! If they want to give a review on Dixie Chicks' new album, the JUST DO IT! There is no point to mention Garth in that article, especially it's a ridiculous remark. We all know who's bigger, and who's has climbed up to the top :D<P>TommyN

Pilgrim
09-12-1999, 01:06 PM
Tommy!<P>He is still the main man :D but you have to admit he is selling fewer and fewer albums :o<P>Did you understad it as they (Dixie Chicks) would sell more albums than Garth?? If so, that was not our point :)<BR>Our point were that he said that GARTH was PAST THE PEAK and selling fewer and fewer albums :)<BR>The writer of the review IS a Garth fan because he gave Fresh Horses 6 out of 6 possible stars :D<P>I like the review, and I take it in a positive way that there actually are reporters who like country, and he is definately one of them :)<P>BrianN

Deafcowboy
09-13-1999, 11:59 PM
Hey...don't worry....Dixie Chickens are new....just like Garth was...back in early 90's....and even that was when his no fences went skyrocketin' off......<P>What I'm tryin' to say is....Chris Gaines is <B>new!</B><P>Get the idea?<P>DeafcowboyN