PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wills song question

Brits
09-05-1999, 03:58 PM
I'm sure that all of you know the song <I>I Do, Cherish You</I>. Well, I was wondering if you could help settle an argument between me and my mother. We were listening to the radio just now, and we heard this song, but not by Mark Wills. It was by 98degrees (I can't do the little degree sign on my computer) and the argument started. She said that 98 degrees had recorded the song first, and then Mark Wills had done it. I thought that Mark had done it first, and 98 degrees had only just released it.<BR>Can someone help us, please?<BR>Thanks,<BR>HazelN

Czy4GB77
09-05-1999, 05:16 PM
Well I'm not too sure of the answer, but I also thought that 98 degrees just released it and Mark did it first. It is their new single out right now I believe and Mark had it as a single a few months ago. So going through all of this, I'd have to say Mark ;)<P>Paula (of course I could be wrong too)N

Anonymous
09-05-1999, 06:31 PM
Mark Wills version of I Do (Cherish You) came out at least one year ago. The 98 degrees version was recorded for the Notting Hill soundtrack just a few months ago. Don't ask me why they couldn't use the original, because I do not know. Also the 98 degrees versionis still rising on the pop charts and Mark's version hardly gets played on country stations any more.N

Debbie from NZ
09-08-1999, 11:14 PM
The Mark Wills version was on the radio all day long when I was in the US back in June 1998. So it's over 15 months ago now.N

Brits
09-12-1999, 10:50 AM
Whoops, I'd forgotten that I'd posted this... sorry! :o<P>Thanks for the answers, Paula, Anonymous and Debbie!<P>Wow, I was actually right about something! ;)<BR>HazelN

Deafcowboy
09-14-1999, 12:05 AM
Hey I thought you would like to know something about "I do (cherish you)" video which was one of my favorites.....<P>You might notice that boy who seemed to wear radio....but it wasn't actually a radio....it was actually a cochlear implant...which means that he's deaf...and even you might think I'm wrong...but when you watch it....try to pause on that frame...where it shows him looking innocently at the girl..sittin' beside him....look just right at his ears...and see the wires goin' up above his ears...which is a part of cochlear implant...that has a magnet attaching to a metal part inside his head..which is part of the equipment..that helps him hear...but not that well...<P>I just thought you all would like to know!<P>And also I support on Mark...for doin' those videos...like...."Don't laugh at me"...which involved a deaf boy too...that orange haired boy...who was reading the book that was in the teacher's hands...because he couldn't hear the teacher..instead he stood there and read the book...as the teacher did...it kinda tells alot about my early years in school....<P>DeafcowboyN