PDA

View Full Version : New Dixie Chicks CD

FriendInBoston
09-01-1999, 05:41 AM
I haven't picked up the new Chicks CD yet but wanted to know if anyone else has and what do you think of it?N

honky
09-01-1999, 12:05 PM
I don't have their CD, but I just wanna point out something. Our DJ said that the album FLY is listed 14 songs, but there is only 13 songs actually. And guess what? They copied Double Live! They purposely left out track No.13 :( I think they can be more creative than that!! <P>TommN

Krash
09-01-1999, 02:05 PM
I don't have their new album but there sure is a lot of talk about it on our radio stations. The big hype is 3D glasses come with the CD I guess, and on the back cover these butterflies dance around when you have the glasses on. Something like that. For as much as they are talking about it I should know the whole story for sure but that's about what I remember of it! :)N

Czy4GB77
09-01-1999, 03:27 PM
Well I went out Tuesday and managed to hurry along the people at our Wal-mart. Seems being open 24hours isn't enough for them to get anything on the shelves, even at 12pm the day it comes out! ;) Well in my opinion, it isn't as good as their first album, but there are some very nice songs on there. They have this song called "Good-bye Earl" all I can say is.. hahahahahahaha! :D some of the songs are quite "loud" but still good. I guess it is hard for me to say exactly how good it is because I liked every song on the first album when I heard them for the first time, and on this one there are a few that take a little getting used to. But I still feel it is a good album to get if you like the Dixie Chicks. I wouldn't know about the glasses on the CD's because I bought a tape (cheaper for me right now) It was like pulling teeth to get the man to go find one for me, but he saw I wasn't leaving so he managed to find it quickly. He kept trying to make me buy the CD. :)<P>PaulaN

hugeGBnutt
09-01-1999, 04:08 PM
sorry but....BARF(thats my opinion).....i don't like them....<P>aRiN

Pilgrim
09-02-1999, 01:27 PM
Tommy!<BR>Garth isn't creative either :o He "stole" it from Alan Jackson "Who I Am" where he skipped #13 with the words <I>That's right folks, I am just a tad superstitious. -AJ</I><BR>Maybe he have stolen it from some other guy, eho knows :)<P>BrianN

BigGfan4life
09-03-1999, 11:50 AM
I didn't get the CD yet, and probably won't, unless it has some really good songs on it. But I just wanted to share this with you guys...I found it over at the Tim board...I guess the DJ didn't like the CD!!<P><BR>I thought you'd want to hear what happened on the radio station here in st. louis. after several calls to play "Earl Had To Die" from their new album one of the dj's said he didn't like the song and that the management said they couldn't play the song on the radio and he broke the cd live on the radio! you could actually hear him sitting there breaking it. A listener called in and said , "you can play reba's song the night the lights went out in geogia which refers to murder but you can't play the chicks song because of it's content?" he told her she made a good point but it was too late the cd was broke. i think if the chicks found out what this station did they would not be too happy to promote for them anymore.N

Palle
09-03-1999, 02:55 PM
Well, I bought it! :) My local-recordstore had it! They normally don't have anything new, and I just went down in my break to look if they had anything cheap. Then suddenly it was there. My opinion: I like the album :D It is true it is more slow than the first, but I didn't ever believe they would make one better than the first. My favorite song is of course "Goodbye Earl", I enjoy it a lot (sorry :() ;)N

Pilgrim
09-03-1999, 02:56 PM
That's horrible Shannon :(<BR>I'm gonna break that dj in two ;)<P>BrianN

hugeGBnutt
09-05-1999, 05:22 PM
i like that DJ....LOL( :o)<P>Brian,<BR> don't "break me in two" for saying that ok?<BR>......lol <P>aRiN

Pilgrim
09-06-1999, 12:42 PM
Ari! watch out!!!<P>I'm packing my stuff heading for Arizona ;) LOL<P>BrianN