PDA

View Full Version : Sherrie Austin Fans....

Krash
08-20-1999, 03:10 AM
I'm wondering if there are any Sherrie Austin fans out there? Her newest single "Never Been Kissed" is on the charts and rising. We got her first album a couple of years ago and my hubby has just fallen in love with her. ;)<BR>We just saw her open for Vince Gill about 2 weeks ago and she is a great performer, I was really impressed. Her new album "Love In The Real World" just came out last week and it's really good.<BR>And for all of you trivia buffs out there, Sherrie used to play "Pippa" on the 80's show Facts of Life. Do any of you remember her? She was the Australian girl who came to live at the boarding house. This was in the later shows...anyone remember her. I do but never knew she was Sherrie Austin...she used a different name when she was on that show. :)N

Paula
08-20-1999, 03:42 AM
<B>Krash</B>,<P>I had heard that about Sherrie Austin being on the Fact of Life but I didn't watch the show that much so don't remember her. I'll be seeing her on September 4 with Vince Gill and look forward to her performance based on what you said...I don't have any of her CD's and have only heard her on the radio and once or twice on TV.<P>PaulaN

JulieLvsGB
08-20-1999, 05:23 AM
I saw Sherrie Austin when she opened for Tracey Lawrence about two years ago. I had no idea who she was when I went there, but I rushed out and bought her CD shortly after the concert. She was terrific! She got a really good review from the local paper...the writer called her "country's best kept secret."<P>Julie<P>P.S. Paula, have fun at the concert and hope you'll feel the same way about her performance.N

Czy4GB77
08-20-1999, 06:59 AM
Yeah I am one of the people that remember her from The Facts of Life :D<BR>I remember watching her when she first came out and I thought... wait! I know that face! took me a few weeks to figure out from where, but like you said she had a different last name. I think it was Krenn or something along that line. I have her first album, and I really do like it, and if her new album sounds better than the first, I am sure to buy it sooner or later when I have the money! :)<P>PaulaN

Krash
08-20-1999, 10:05 AM
I'm glad to hear there are people out there who like Sherrie and her music. She does seem to be kept a secret. Her music doesn't seem to get much airplay where I live. I hope people out there discover how great her music is. And Paula have fun at the show in Sept. You'll be sure to have a blast. :)<P>-KathyN

MJ
08-23-1999, 04:14 PM
I also saw her open for Tracy Lawrence and Trace Adkins a couple of years ago.I thought she was very good.I watched "Facts Of Life" All the time and after someone pointed out that she was Pippa I remembered her.She just performed a free concert at a mall locally but I didn't get to go.I know her song "Never Been Kissed" was the number one selling SINGLE CD the week she was here(it was beating Tim"s "Please Remember Me".I would definitely go see her again if i get the chance.N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
08-28-1999, 08:46 PM
Krash, <P>My Local Radio station plays her music all the time.. I really like her alot. She has a great voice. <P>I haven't heard much about her songwriting though...N