PDA

View Full Version : Brooks and Dunn- New Release...What Do You Think?

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
08-14-1999, 08:46 PM
I just heard the new release of "Missing You" earlier this week. This is a remake of the Pop/Rock song but for the life of me I can't remember who it was that released it first. <P>I really like B&D's version...how bout you?? N

Pilgrim
08-15-1999, 12:37 AM
Hey Moni! :)<BR>Could it be <B>Chris DeBurgh</B>(sp?) :) That's the only guy I can remember who have sung something about missing you :D<BR>Hmm, that's MANY years ago :o<P>BrianN

JulieLvsGB
08-15-1999, 05:09 AM
Moni,<P>I haven't heard it yet. :( The only song I know called Missing You is from John Waite, from the Babys, done in the mid-80's. I loved that song. I'll have to keep my ears open! ;)<P>JulieN

jwade
08-15-1999, 07:06 AM
I LOVE Brooks & Dunn (I wanted to say that first) but I absolutely hate their version of this song. Just doesn't sound right to me.N

MJ
08-15-1999, 07:17 AM
It is a John Waite song(I think Tina Turner just did a remake a couple of years ago).I am a huge B&D fan,but I actually like the original better.Our radio station has been playing it for a couple of weeks but I had never got around to posting about it.I'll be seeing Brooks and Dunn on Thursday night(with Trace Adkins WOO-HOO and Brad Paisley).Maybe I'll like the song better LIVE.I don't dislike the song but I like the original better.N

hugeGBnutt
08-17-1999, 07:46 PM
sorry can't comment....i have not heard it :(N

JulieLvsGB
08-18-1999, 10:34 AM
Moni,<P>I just heard it...it's going to take some getting used to. Not too bad, but I like the original version better. Liked the video though...check it out!<P>JulieN

Country@Heart
08-18-1999, 05:41 PM
I just heard it also. I think I will have to get used to it also. I like the John Waite version of the song better. But you never know what will happen when I listen to the Brooks and Dunn version for awhile. The video was really good though.<P>Country@Heart :)N

MJ
08-23-1999, 04:06 PM
Well I went to the B & D concert at Kentucky state fair(Trace Adkins(whoa baby) and Brad Paisley opened up).Ronni and Kix were in fine form and it was a great show but they didn't sing this new song..but you know what I didn't really miss it.If anyone gets a chance to see their "tailgate party" tour it is VERY COOL!!Their stage was set up like the back of a pickup(a rather large pickup).Brooks and Dunn are one group that I will ALWAYS go see if I get the chance.N

FriendInBoston
08-26-1999, 03:19 PM
Great song!. Try not to compare it with the original version. The sounds are too different. N