PDA

View Full Version : Wow! The concert was awesome!

garthnut1
07-26-1999, 11:12 AM
I saw Tim McGraw in concert last night. He was really good. Of course he can't stand up to Garth, but he sounded just like his cds. Here's the songs he sang:<P>Something Like That (opening song)<BR>Carry On<BR>Seventeen<BR>My Best Friend<BR>Seniorita Margarita<BR>Somebody Must Be Praying For Me<BR>A Place In The Sun (the last song)<BR>Where the Green Grass Grows<BR>For a Little While<BR>Everywhere<BR>Don't Take the Girl<BR>Indian Outlaw (encore song)<BR>I Like It, I Love It<BR>All I Want<BR>It's Your Love<BR>The Joker by Steve Miller Band<BR>You're No Son by Phil Collins <BR>Please Remember Me<P>I know there are a few more, but I can't think of them. When he sang It's Your Love, he called Faith on his cell phone and sang it to her. He also sang a George Strait song but I don't know the name of it.<P>Our seats were good. It was at an ampitheater, we were in the seated area under the roof. Right behind the floor section. I made a sign that read "God Bless the McGraws." I walked down as far as I was aloud and held the sign up. He stopped, read it, and pointed and smiled at me! I was dying! :)<P>In case if the ladies are wondering, he was wearing a black hat (of course), black, tight, short sleeved v-neck t-shirt. And brown pants that looked like they may have been either shantung silk or satin. And black boots. He looked hot!<P>The only thing that dissapointed me was that he didn't talk a whole lot to the crowd. I guess when you see Garth in concert nobody compares. But he was definetly worth the 10.5 hour ride from PA to GA! And I'm still visiting with my sister.<P>The Warren Brothers and Dixie Chicks opened up for him. I don't care for the Dixie Chicks but they were very entertaining, sounded great, and talked alot to the crowd. <P>If any of you are going and plan to buy a t-shirt, make sure you bring your life savings, lol. His shirts were at least $27 and up. <P>Amy N

Pilgrim
07-26-1999, 12:04 PM
Very cool :) I wish I could have been there:9 But I hope he will show up in Europe soon :D<P>BrianN

BigGfan4life
07-26-1999, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the review, Amy!!! :) I'm going to see Tim in about a month, and I was wondering what songs he was going to sing. And hey, that is very cool about the sign!! ;)N

t.m. fan
07-26-1999, 01:13 PM
Hey Amy,<P>Sounds like you had as much fun as I did at the concert! I'm pretty sure the George Strait song he sang was "Unwound". He sang that at the Sacramento concert. And I was wondering which Phil Collins song it was that he sang for his first encore song. It seems to me like he sang pretty much the same songs. I can't wait til he comes back to California again. He mentioned in a magazine interview that he watches the reaction of the crowd to new songs to get an idea of which songs he wants to cut and which songs he might want to release as singles. I was making sure I was making as much noise as I could for every song, new and old. Unfortunately, when he sings a new song, that's when people get up to get food and go to the restroom. But a lot of his new songs are some of the best he's ever done, like "Carry On", "Somebody Must Be Praying For Me", "My Best Friend", and "A Place In The Sun" in addition to "Please Remember Me" and "Something Like That". Also, "Senorita Margarita" can be a great song, too. Tim McGraw isn't as outspoken as Garth Brooks. Tim describes himself as a shy, quiet type of guy, very modest and humble. It would be kind of like me going out there and singing. He is very confident in his songs, he is gaining increasing confidence in his singing ability, but he doesn't have as bubbly a personality as say, the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks. I think the Dixie Chicks and Tim McGraw compliment each other very well. The Dixie Chicks will go to any lengths to entertain and get the crowd pumped up for perhaps a living legend in the making, Mr. McGraw. The funny thing is, he complimented George Strait very well at the Strait festival. He was a little more talkative at that show and the only time I've ever seen 50,000 people cheer so much was when I was at a sold-out baseball game and the hometeam hit a tie breaking home run. And George was very quiet and let his singing voice do the talking, just as Tim did at his show. I guess that's the way it works. Glad you had a good time, and now that I've seen George and Tim in concert, the only other artist left for me to see is Garth. N

garthnut1
07-26-1999, 05:02 PM
There were a few songs I forgot to list. <P>Down On The Farm<BR>Refried Dreams<BR>Just To See You Smile<P>Amy :)N

pagarthfan
07-28-1999, 03:48 AM
Amy,<P>Thanks for posting your opinion of the concert. I am going to see him next Thursday, Aug. 5. :) :) I can't wait, it will be my second time seeing him.N