PDA

View Full Version : Martina McBride's new song

BigGfan4life
07-19-1999, 07:34 AM
Has anyone else heard Martina's new song "I Love You"?? I heard it for the first time yesterday, but they are playing it a lot up here in NY because she is coming here in concert soon. I have to say that she has never released a song I didn't like, but I really don't care for this one too much. The song itself is ok, but it sounds like her voice has changed! I am wondering if they changed it in the studio or if her voice really has changed. Her new album is supposed to come out soon and I will be disappointed if she sounds like that on all the songs :(N

Pilgrim
07-19-1999, 09:35 AM
I wanna be the first to say NO I haven't heard it yet :( Maybe they show a video on one of the (few..., grrrr) country programs on TV :)<P>BrianN

MJ
07-19-1999, 05:25 PM
Is this the song that is from the movie "Runaway Bride".I've heard it and even though I didn't think it sounded like Martina usually does I really liked it.I like the song that Dixie Chicks has on the soundtrack too.Does anyone know when the soundtrack will be out?N

kathrynd97
07-25-1999, 10:08 AM
I agree with BigGfan4life. I've only heard the song once, but it didn't sound like Martina to me. I hope the rest of the album is more like the others. I don't know if I like the song or not, but I'll give it a chance.N

Anonymous
07-26-1999, 07:56 AM
They played the video for "I Love You" at the end of Entertainment Tonight over the weekend. She sounded way too pop for me to enjoy it. I certainly hope she only sounds that way for the soundtrack and will return to her normal self for the rest of the album. I think the soundtrack comes out this tuesday (July 27th). Two of the videos "I Love You" and "Ready to Run" will premier on CMT this Wednesday. The Dixie Chicks video looks really funny.N

CSteffan
07-27-1999, 10:32 AM
They showed the video on one of the cable stations with a little 'behind the scenes' on the movie. Even the announcer said 'Martina McBrides new sound'. The video is okay.....lots of 'runaway bride' clips in the background. Martina is showing bare midriff a-la- Shania in the video. I think this is meant to be a cross-over song and video.<BR>Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if all types of music were played on all types of stations and we just listened to what we like rather than using this 'cross-over' term. Ah well, didn't mean to go off on a little rant there.N

garthbrooksfanatic77
07-30-1999, 11:17 AM
I saw her video on Wensday on CMT. I love the song! Martina is great I would love to hear her and Garth do some songs together.N

CanadianCMFan
07-31-1999, 04:40 PM
I love Martinas' music (and her eyes!), but I wouldn't say it's my favourite of her songs. It's good, and probably will grow, but doesn't come near Independence Day.<P>Dan. Cheers!N

JulieLvsGB
07-31-1999, 05:46 PM
After hearing bits of the song a few times (haven't heard the whole thing all at once yet), I don't think its a bad song, but I don't think it does Martina's voice justice.<P>JulieN

Krash
08-01-1999, 05:04 AM
I heard the song for the first time the other day, and I like the song but I thought it sounded different from her other work! I think they just did a lot of playing around with her voice in the studio! It's a good tune to listen to though! :)N

Country@Heart
08-01-1999, 08:34 AM
I have to say that I haven't heard the song yet. I will keep my ears open though. <P> Country@Heart :)N

Peggy
08-05-1999, 05:08 AM
The song is really fun--and I like it even though it doesn't really show off her incredible voice. I guess she needs a song to use as a "break" during her show.<P>The movie is really great too-- it was sold out everywhere here over the weekend (7/30-8/1) I was fortunate enough to getthe last 3 tickets for the early show on Sat. GO see it its fun!!<BR>N

BigGfan4life
08-05-1999, 11:28 AM
Hey, I have to admit that since I have seen the movie, I like this song more! :)N

Teddi Jo
08-12-1999, 01:11 PM
I like this song (it grew on me) but I have to admit it's not classic Martina. It's almost 'pop' sounds different I prefer her more traditional country sound.N