PDA

View Full Version : Another George Strait question...

Brits
07-15-1999, 01:24 PM
OK, as everyone probably knows, I'm a new George Strait fan, thanks to Garth.<BR>It's turned out that every George song that Garth's ever mentioned as his favourites, have become mine as well. I don't just love them because Garth loves them, but because <I>I</I> do. Like: <I>Blame It On Mexico</I>, 80 Proof Bottle Of Tear Stopper[/i], <I>Overnight Male</I>...I could go on and on and on.<BR>Now, what was my question? Um...Oh yes:<BR>Garth has mentioned one song a lot, and I can't seem to find which album it's on. I <I>think</I> the song is called <I>She's a Barmaid (in the Honky-Tonk Downstairs)</I> or something like that. <BR>So, does anyone here know which song I'm talking about, and which album it's on?<BR>Thanks a lot!<BR>HazelN

Pilgrim
07-15-1999, 02:35 PM
Hey Brits, how are ya :D<BR>Well I guess I can't help you :o but I tried :)<BR>I love GS too, so I looked at the website <A HREF="http://www.georgestrait.com" TARGET=_blank>www.georgestrait.com</A> and searched the albums but didn't find the song :(<BR>I found a jacket :) a <B>VERY COOL</B> jacket :D If I had $ 350 US right now I know where they would end up :D<BR>Try and look at it :)<BR>OK I know this was not what you asked about :o so I will delete myself for now ;)<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
07-15-1999, 02:58 PM
Brits, I guess I found it :D<BR>It's called "Honky Tonk Downstairs" and is on the album "Strait Country" :D<BR><B>GO GET IT</B> :D :D :D<P>BrianN

Brits
07-16-1999, 07:46 AM
<B>Brian!</B><BR>Thank you so much! I knew about George's web site, but I guess I was just too lazy to check for myself... :o<P>You know, it's strange, I was under the impression that it was a much older song than that (Strait Country was also the name of the movie that George stared in, in '93 - '94ish), so it didn't occur to me to look on that album. Oh well.<BR>Thanks again. By the way, do you like George Strait, Brian?<BR>HazelN

Pilgrim
07-16-1999, 10:30 AM
You are mixing things up here Brits :o<BR>The movie is <B>PURE</B> Country :)<BR>But maybe he had done a movie called Strait Country as a follow up<BR>BTW. I LOVE Pure Country, both the movie and the album :D :D<P>Brian :DN

t.m. fan
07-16-1999, 01:41 PM
No, you're right Pilgrim. But it's easy to get mixed up with "Strait Country", "Pure Country", "Strait From The Heart", "Strait Out Of The Box", etc. But the song was from "Strait Country", his very first album from 1981. "Pure Country" is the soundtrack he did for the movie starring himself in 1992. The movie never had a follow-up. George Strait has religiously released at least one album every year since 1981, so if you're a new Strait fan, it might be hard at first, you've got a lot to catch up on. But don't worry, it was a task I thoroughly enjoyed!N

Pilgrim
07-16-1999, 01:58 PM
t.m. fan I know my George Strait :o<BR>I have started collecting him together with Chris Ledoux :D<BR>As a matter of fact, I am collecting all the CD's with<BR>Garth Brooks :D<BR>Mary-Chapin Carpenter<BR>Deana Carter :D<BR>Charlie Daniels Band :D<BR>Faith Hill :D<BR>Chris LeDoux<BR>George Strait<BR>Travis Tritt<P>Hey I still have many left, and no money :o (lol)<BR>the :D is for those where I have every CD<P>Brian<BR>N

Brits
07-16-1999, 06:45 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o<BR><B>ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!</B><BR>I knew that! Sorry, brain fart!<BR>Come <I>on</I> Hazel, you <B>know</B> that it's <B><I>Pure</I>[b] Country that's the movie, and [b]<I>Strait</I></B> Country that's his first album!!!<BR>I can't believe that I made that mistake! Oh well...<BR>Thanks guys!<BR>Hazel &lt;---who's highly embarrassed<BR> :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :oN

Brits
07-16-1999, 06:50 PM
And, on top of everything, I couldn't get the <I>italics</I> and the <B>bolds</B> to work together...<BR>*Sigh*<BR>I'm going to bed now...N

Pilgrim
07-17-1999, 01:55 AM
Thats OK Brits :) I have maybe sent an personal e-mail that was intended to be Ari's to a guy in Pittsburgh :o :o :o :o<BR>Thats more :o :o :o :o I think (lol)<P>BrianN

theking
07-21-1999, 06:10 PM
Brits (or anybody else),<P>If you are going to buy <I>Strait Country</I>, here is something that you may be interested in: George's first two albums, <I>Strait Country</I> and <I>Strait From The Heart</I> are available on <B>one</B> CD. I found it in a used CD store in Lubbock, TX. You can probably find one if you're willing to dig. You get <B>two</B> CDs for the price of one! That's twice as much George. Twenty songs instead of ten. I found it to be an excellent deal. :)N

Brits
07-22-1999, 01:10 PM
Thanks TheKing!<P>I went to Wal-Mart, but they didn't have <I>Strait Country</I> on CD, so I got it on tape. I still want the CD, though, so I'll look out for it!<BR>Hazel<P>N

Pilgrim
07-22-1999, 02:28 PM
Thanx theking :D :D<BR>they also have some of the albums in a Danish music store to half price :)<P>BrianN