PDA

View Full Version : Tim McGraw on PTC Tonight & a question about a song on his new CD

BigGfan4life
05-12-1999, 03:09 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that Tim will be on PTC tonight..in less than an hour actually..woohoo!<P>Actually, I also have a question...for anyone who bought his new CD, is the song "Senorita Margarita" about a woman or the drink margarita? See, I say it's about a woman that he is just using as a one-night stand, but my dad says he is using the drinks to drown himself in his misery, etc etc. He says that in the chorus, when Tim says, "I don't wanna do her wrong, I don't need somebody new," that proves he wouldn't cheat on her w/another woman. Just curious as to how you interpret it...N

Crackerjack
05-12-1999, 05:05 PM
I was just going to ask if anyone else has this new cd. I really like it. When I heard this song this morning while I was on the treadmill, at first I thought it was about a woman. But as I listened, I felt it was really about losing a woman and turning to the drink for comfort. "Let's keep this between you, me, the salt, and the lime". Definately still loves the woman, but drowns himself in the Senorita Margarita.<P>Great cd, by the way!!!N

hugeGBnutt
05-13-1999, 06:52 PM
hey,did you hear the comment he made about Chris Gains?(GB's secret side...lol)<P>Ari&lt;---meN

garthnut1
05-14-1999, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure about the exact meaning of the song. But I know one thing...that CD is awesome! I read on a Tim and Faith site that "Something Like That" will be the next single.N

BigGfan4life
05-14-1999, 06:25 PM
Cool! "Something Like That" is my fave song on the CD tied w/"My Best Friend"!!<P>Yeah, I did hear that little comment Tim made about "Chris Gaines"! :)N

Peggy
05-14-1999, 08:53 PM
WHAT COMMENT??!!??N

garthnut1
05-15-1999, 12:24 AM
I listened to words really good and I do think it's about the drink. Especially the part when he sings "Let's just keep it between the salt and lime" or something like that. N

Anonymous
05-15-1999, 05:19 AM
I think Senorita Margarita is about the drink. I heard the comment Tim made about Chirs Gaines, not sure exactly, something about the fact his crying at the ACM's caused his eyeliner to run which gave him the "Chris Gaines" look. <P>My favorite song on Tim's cd is "Somebody Must be Praying For Me." <P>I'm going to see him tomorrow at the GSCMF--Can't wait, fourth time to see him!!!N

t.m. fan
05-23-1999, 01:44 PM
I bought Tim's new cd the minute it came out and I am 100% sure that "Senorita Margarita" is about a drink, not a woman. It's one of those songs with a lyrical twist. And to add my two cents on his new album, it is absolutely captivating! I put on George's newest album "Always Never the Same" and Garth's newest album "Sevens" and "A Place in the Sun" and as much respect as I have for George and Garth, there is just no comparison. Every song on Tim's cd is just incredible. His new songs are so original, I think Tim McGraw is going to be the leading country artist for the next decade. Sorry for taking up so much space. N