PDA

View Full Version : Martina McBride is Beyond Belief!

Peggy
05-07-1999, 07:45 AM
I am so in awe of this incredibly talented and gifted singer!! I can never hear her sing live without the little hairs on my neck standing up! Her voice gives me goosebumps!! I like Trisha, I like Reba, I like Faith Hill and many others but Martina just blows me away-<P>If you EVER get the chance to see her in concert- GO! I can't tell you how amazing she is!!N

Krash
05-07-1999, 07:54 AM
I totally agree with you about Martina, she is so talented and how that huge voice comes out of that little body, I will never know! She is amazing! I've never seen her live but she is on my list of people to see in concert! :)N

BigGfan4life
05-07-1999, 10:19 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, Peggy...she is an amazing talent!!! :DN

JulieLvsGB
05-07-1999, 11:19 AM
Martina blew me away with her performance at the ACM's. She was GREAT!N

MJ
05-07-1999, 11:46 AM
I saw Martina in concert just 3 weeks before she had her first child.Here was this tiny lady with a big belly belting out these songs.It was totally remarkable.This show was in december and she sang "O Holy Night" without any music(I didn't know how to spell that other word).LOL.I have never gotten the chance to see her again but would like to.N

Country@Heart
05-07-1999, 02:43 PM
I agree, I had the goosebumps listening and watching her perform. She has such an amazing voice. What a great performance!<P>Country@Heart :)N

honky
05-07-1999, 03:25 PM
YES.. Martina has a great voice!! I was blown away by her performance on ACM too :D I hope she could also do an opening act for Garth too... just hoping! But of course Trisha sure did a great job on the night I went!! <P>TommyN

Peggy
05-07-1999, 07:50 PM
Tommy-<BR>Can you believe that Martina's first live performances WERE opening for Garth? Her husband is a producer (or something)for his tour- Martina signed a recording contract and started touring with GB and Hubby--before that she actually had a job selling the T-shirts and stuff at the GB concerts!!<P>Wouldn't it be nice to have a reunion?!! :DN

BigGfan4life
05-08-1999, 05:31 AM
Why don't we just bombard Garth with fan mail begging him to have Martina as his opening act? LOL :)N

Teddi Jo
05-08-1999, 11:35 AM
Yup, <b> she's little but she's loud alright </b>. I love her voice, even when she's singing a quieter song ("Wrong Again" - love that one!)N

Peggy
05-08-1999, 08:29 PM
BigGfan4life--<P>That is not a bad idea--<BR>I wonder how we could go about it??<BR>HMMMM-N

CaptMorgan
05-10-1999, 07:02 PM
What an amazing strong voice comes out of such a tiny package.<P>The crowd at the ACM obviously thought so too. She wasn't even finished singing, and they were on their feet.<P>A few years ago, I saw a Martina special, and Garth was a guest. They talked about the old days when she used to sell merchandise at concerts. He had nothing but great things to say to her about her singing abilities, and the fact he can't get used to this "huge" voice coming out of someone so small. Then, the two of them sang a song with just Garth playing his guitar. They sound awesome together!<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

Peggy
05-11-1999, 08:22 AM
CaptMorgan-<P>WOW! That must have been incredible! I wish I would have seen it!<P>Any chance it's on tape somewhere? :)<BR>N

CaptMorgan
05-11-1999, 02:12 PM
Peggy:<P>I honestly don't know if I taped it. Shame on me huh? <P>I don't have time these days to look, but life will slow down to a dull roar in June. If I do come across it, I will let you know, kay?<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

Paula
05-11-1999, 03:37 PM
<b>Peggy</b>,<P>That show has been repeated once or twice so it may again. I have it on tape but no ability to copy it. PJ, a PG and GBox poster, has lots of Garth on tape and probably has this one as well, and has always been willing to make copies for anyone for the cost of a tape and postage.<P>PaulaN

theking
05-11-1999, 11:14 PM
There are few performers (probably less than five) who can make the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I hear them sing, and Martina is one of them.<P>I was blown away (as always) by her performance at the ACM Awards.N

Peggy
05-12-1999, 09:43 AM
Hi theking-<P>Thanks for posting! It is so rare that we see you around anymore- I am truly honored and humbled that you have posted on my thread! :)<BR>And Yesssss! Martina is amazing- when I saw her live I was full of tears from the moment she came onstage t until we were on the way home-to be in the presence of such a beautiful sound-- I couldn't help myself I was in tears! Gotta love her!N

Peggy
05-21-1999, 05:11 AM
:) :) :) :)WEEEEE HAAAAAA! I got tickets to se MMcB here on Long Island in July!!-- I am sooo Happy :) :) :) :)N

Pilgrim
05-21-1999, 12:42 PM
Congratulations with your tickets <b>Peggy</b>, I'm happy for you, but have you heard anything about if she should come to Denmark. I would fer sur like to hear her. :) :)<P>BrianN

redstrokes77
05-21-1999, 12:54 PM
I remember seeing Martina open up for Garth in Toronto in '92. I was ready to leave after I SAW HER! Most of the crowd was pretty restless by I was riveted! In fact, I stayed to watch Martina and went to the bathroom when Garth came on stage! LOL One thing about Garth though- he sure can get the ladies out of the bathroom! The place was empty and the acoustics were great in the bathroom all by myself!! It was a"half-assed" Garth moment if you'll pardon the expression. debN

Peggy
05-22-1999, 12:38 PM
<b>Pilgrim</b><P>try http://martinamcbride.com to find her tour dates etc.<BR>(sorry I still am unsure of how to do the linky thingy :o)N