PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wills

jojochas
04-29-1999, 09:37 PM
I've been reading some of the topics about other artists in this section and I wondered what other Garthfans thought of Mark Wills. I saw him live in concert last year, and if his neck hadn't been in a brace, I think the show would have been similar to Garth's. Not only did he do the big hits he's released over the last couple of years, but he did a killer cover of Steve Wariner's "I Should Be With You." He also seems to be an artist who is able to do songs that fit the "new" country sound, while still respecting the sounds of legends like Jones, Haggard, etc. Sorry, I thought this would be a little shorter.N

Paula
04-30-1999, 03:35 AM
I really like the last few releases that Mark Wills has put out, especially Don't Laugh at Me and Wish You Were Here. Both songs really grabbed me when I first heard them. I do have both of his CDs. I am looking forward to seeing him in a couple of weeks at the George Strait Festival.<P>PaulaN

kristen166
05-01-1999, 04:58 PM
Mark Wills is good, I like is new song 'Wish You Were Here'. :)N

Dead^Poet^Society
05-01-1999, 05:35 PM
mark wills does some great stuff. he's onteh list of my 'need to acquire' cds. i bawl everytime i hear 'don't laugh at me'<BR>he's one who doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves... hope he gets more airtime and credit!!N

jojochas
05-01-1999, 08:12 PM
An interesting story about the time I saw Mark Wills in concert that Garth fans would appreciate: The concert was scheduled to begin at 8:00, but no one showed up on stage until about ten after. We all figured that there were probably equipment problems or something. Then the band members filed on stage, and of course Mark was at the back. When he got up on stage, he was wearing a neck brace. It turned out that he was late because he was waiting for painkillers to take effect. What had happened was that he and some of the band members were wrestling on the bus and the drummer (who was about 5-8 and 150 pounds) put a move on Mark, who is a pretty big guy, and obviously something went a little wrong. Just thought some of you might find that a little interesting. Oh, by the way, the brace came off about halfway through the show. :)<BR>N

BigGfan4life
05-02-1999, 10:51 AM
I raelly like him a lot! I just got his CD a little while ago...had to go get it after I realized that every time he puts out a new single, it makes me cry! I would love to see him in concert! N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
05-02-1999, 04:42 PM
I really like Mark Wills and was able to see him recently at the George Strait Coutry Music Festival. <P>His single "Wish You Were Here" hit number ONE this week and it is his 3rd consecutive number one hit! I'd say he's got a good thing going! <P>If you ever get the chance to see him..GO! :)N

cybersadie
05-06-1999, 06:56 AM
I like Mark Wills alot. And I agree that he gas a Garth-esque feeling. I was pretty psyched when he won best new country male!! Although what was going on with the way they inroduced the nominees? That was too weird.N

Teddi Jo
05-06-1999, 01:04 PM
I've recently realized I need to get his CD. I've taken notice to how well he sings and I enjoy his songs.N

MJ
05-06-1999, 03:17 PM
Did anyone catch him on Maury Povitch(sp) today.I didn't see it but had read an article about it.A few weeks ago Mark was channel surfing when he came across a little girl singing "Don't Laugh At Me".She had been badly burned and was on Maury telling her story.Mark was so moved that he contacted the show who arranged for Mark to appear on the show with the little girl.I guess that occurred today where I was told that they sang together.Wish I had been home to watch it.N

Country@Heart
05-06-1999, 07:25 PM
<BR>I think he is good. I really enjoy his songs. I am looking forward to hearing more of them.<P>Country@Heart :)N

boppityboo
05-07-1999, 01:31 PM
I'm very happy that Mark Wills won New Male Award. He deserved it imho. I don't think I ever thought of him as Garth-esque(new word for the dictionary?). But I do like his songs, his cd is also on my list of wants. :)<BR>Way to go Mark!<P>Have a great day,<BR>Ellie :)N