PDA

View Full Version : Song Question

Jaxie
03-14-2000, 04:56 PM
Hi...I was wondering if someone could help me . My dad just sent me a wav.file of a Garth song that I don't recognise. It is called " Only You" Could you tell me what album this is from? I must have missed this song somehow..lol. It is a very pretty song. I know one of you Garth-fanatics can help me here ..please :-) Thanks a bunch!!<P>RobynneN

hugeGBnutt
03-14-2000, 06:08 PM
well, unless you have the title wrong, that is NOT a Garth song, hmmm you could just have the title wrong but i can't think a Garth song right now with a title close to that, i'd get back to you but i think another PG'er will probably get to it b4 me ;) .....do you have the words?.....if that is the right title that definitely is NOT a Garth song, and i'm sure of that! :)<P>aRiN

Jaxie
03-14-2000, 07:38 PM
Well..I think you may be right, HugeGBnutt. I just played the song for my brother and he said that he is not totally convinced its Garth at all. He said the singer is very close and could pass as being him vocally but that he doesnt think its him. Well...I have to ask then..who is this person that sounds like him?I am sure of the song title..well my dad is anyway..lol. My brother has gone home and he said hed find out who it was..and let me know. So...as soon as I know..I will tell you. Dont know if someone sounding like Garth is a good thing..or bad...lol.<P>Thanks for your reply Hugegbnutt<P>RobynneN

Pilgrim
03-14-2000, 09:00 PM
WELCOME TO PG :D :D :D :D :D<P>I can't help you either :o<P>I'll wait and see what you come up with :)<P>BrianN

Lowell Miller
03-14-2000, 10:13 PM
Found these on the net....112 BUY / LISTEN Only You Only You <BR>Only You <BR>Benatar Pat BUY / LISTEN Innamorata Only You <BR>Chicago BUY / LISTEN 17 Only You <BR>Dechant Anne E BUY / LISTEN Effort Of The Spin Only You <BR>Enriquez Jocelyn BUY / LISTEN Jocelyn Only You <BR>Flying Pickets BUY / LISTEN Non Album Tracks Only You <BR>Kirwan Danny BUY / LISTEN Hello There Big Boy Only You <BR>Kiss BUY / LISTEN Music From The Elder (1981) Only You <BR>Portishead BUY / LISTEN Portishead Only You <BR>Toto BUY / LISTEN Kingdom Of Desire Only You <BR>Yazoo BUY / LISTEN Upstairs At Erics Only You <BR>BUY / LISTEN Only You (And You Alone) <BR>Only You (And You Alone) <BR>Platters BUY / LISTEN Non Album Tracks Only You (And You Alone) <BR>112 BUY / LISTEN 112 Only You (Bad Boy Remix) <BR>Only You (Bad Boy Remix) <BR>Keaggy Phil BUY / LISTEN True Believer Only You (Can Wash My Sins Away) <BR>Planet P BUY / LISTEN Project Only You And Me <BR>Collins Phil BUY / LISTEN No Jacket Required Only You Know And I Know <BR>Kiss BUY / LISTEN The Elder "Only You" <BR>Dion Celine BUY / LISTEN Celine Dion If Only You Could See Me Now <BR>Labelle Patti BUY / LISTEN Greatest Hits If Only You Knew <BR>Carey Mariah BUY / LISTEN Non Album Tracks If Only You Knew - Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Medley) <BR>Sharp Kevin BUY / LISTEN Measure Of A Man There's Only You <BR>There's Only You <BR>Berry John BUY / LISTEN Standing On The Edge You And Only You <P><BR>N

Lowell Miller
03-14-2000, 10:15 PM
Could it be John Berry: You and Only You??N

Pilgrim
03-14-2000, 11:17 PM
Could it be Portishead? ;)<P>Brian<P>N

Pilgrim
03-14-2000, 11:18 PM
It's probably The Platters :o :o<P>Let us know what you got :)<P>BrianN

Teach
03-15-2000, 05:06 AM
I agree with Brian because the minute I saw the name of the song I knew it was a Platter's song. This was very popular during the sixties. N

Jaxie
03-15-2000, 06:18 AM
Hi again all...Well...I have come up with nothing so far on this end. My father emailed me back and said that the lady he got the wav from thought it was Garth,and that's all he knew.Hes not a Garth fan :-( I am still waiting on a call from my brother to see if he came up with anything.<P>This is really starting to bug me now..lol. The song is a love song...and sounds so close to Garth that I find it hard to believe its not him...but you all would probably be able to tell better than me. It definately is a country song tho. I keep listening to it..and the beginning part really sounds like him. Is there anyone out there that would like the wav?? I can send it thru email to whomever. Let me know...if you hear it maybe you will know who it is. Thanks again all for your help!!<P>RobynneN

Lowell Miller
03-15-2000, 07:59 AM
The above list is supposed to be a list of all songe with that in the title. Does anything ring a bell. I think it's John Berry.N

Paula
03-15-2000, 01:14 PM
I don't think either of the Platters or John Berry sound anything like Garth so I can't imagine it's either of them. You can send the wav to me if I can figure out what to do with it when I get it :o and I'll see if I recognize it. My email address is <A HREF="mailto:barretcp@mediaone.net">barretcp@mediaone.net</A> .<P>PaulaN

Jaxie
03-15-2000, 03:52 PM
Ok well...now that I feel totally foolish...LOL..Both my father and my brother came up with it. The song title is "There's Only You" and it is done by a guy named Kevin Sharp. Apparently he has another song out that some of you may know called "Nobody Knows" He doesnt sound much like Garth in that song but I swear...in " Theres Only You" it sounds like Garth...Really...LOL :-) Thanks all for the help. Maybe if I had had the right title you would have known...sorry.<BR>Anyhow..I can still send yas the wav, if yad like to just hear it...and tell me how wrong I was about it sounding like him..hehe.<P>RobynneN

Paula
03-15-2000, 04:12 PM
Robynne,<P>I went to cdnow.com and listened to the sound sample of the song...actually I could listen to the whole song if I wanted to go get my CD. It's on Kevin Sharp's Measure of a Man CD.<P>I can see why you thought it was Garth...during a part of the clip I could hear it, but it was unmistakeably Kenny...he has that little catch in his voice that gives it away.<P>PaulaN

Jaxie
03-15-2000, 04:26 PM
Oops..sorry Paula. I just sent ya the wav so ya could have a listen. Guess you heard it already. LOL Well thanks for atleast saying it kinda sounds like Garth at parts..lol. Makes me feel a little better :-) Guess I will have to go out and Buy Kevins cd now...seems like I would like his music.<P>RobynneN

dbwelch
03-16-2000, 11:19 AM
Hi Jaxie,<BR>This helps me. I heard this song on a station out of Atlanta several weeks, ago, around midnight. I was going to call the station, but it wasn't at the time. It does sound like Garth. Something about the person being the only one for the singer, makes you think it represents a committed couple. I kept watching PG to see if Garth had done something new for Sandy, to let the world know everything is alright. <BR>Thanks,<BR>Donna W.N

Pythagorean_Girl
03-16-2000, 11:29 AM
You guys don't know that song ONLY YOU????<BR>If we are talking about the same OLD song..it's sung by PAUL ANKA!<P>a+b=c DaniN

Pythagorean_Girl
03-16-2000, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pythagorean_Girl:<BR><B>You guys don't know that song ONLY YOU????<BR>If we are talking about the same OLD song..it's sung by PAUL ANKA! Well I LIKE old songs....geez.<P>a+b=c Dani</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>N

hugeGBnutt
03-16-2000, 02:43 PM
lolN

hugeGBnutt
03-16-2000, 02:44 PM
opps, what was not supposed to be here :o<P>aRiN

Jaxie
03-17-2000, 02:46 PM
Thanks Donna...Glad ya agree with me. It really is such a Garth sounding song..and then ya add the voice of this Kevin guy...and you think its gotta be Garth!!! LOL <P>RobynneN