PDA

View Full Version : VH1 Divas

cybersadie
04-27-1999, 12:23 PM
Here is my question. Is anyone else out there confused about how VH1 chooses their country divas. They have so far had on representative from country music on both of their specials. But why did they choose Shania and Leann Rimes?? In my opinion, they are not divas...yet. <P>Who would you like to see on the next diva special? I personally vote for Reba McEntire. She's been in the business for 25 years and is ABSOLUTELY a diva.N

JulieLvsGB
04-27-1999, 12:28 PM
cybersadie,<P>Seems to me that they picked Shania, LeeAnn and Faith because they have also appealed to pop music fans. Reba, even though she has been around a lot longer, has never had a crossover hit. That's just my opinion! :)<P>JulieN

Country@Heart
04-27-1999, 07:29 PM
That is a really good question. I would love to know how they pick them. I would have liked to see Reba there also. (not to take anything away from the others) I think Julie has a point too, maybe that is why they picked them.<P>Country@Heart :)N

garthnut1
04-28-1999, 04:11 AM
I think next year they should have Bette Midler and Trisha Yearwood and Natalie Cole. Not that I'm a big fan of them ( well, Trisha I am) but they have been in the business for so long.N

Krash
04-28-1999, 06:23 AM
I think Trisha and Reba would be great picks for the next diva show! I didn't see a problem with Shania or Faith being on the show but how the heck did Leann Rimes get picked for a Diva show? ;)N

hugeGBnutt
05-01-1999, 02:44 PM
i just don't see faith hill "doing pop" she does not seem like she could "pull it off"<BR>......sorry but i think that should be let up<BR>to Garth ;)(don't get mad just my opinion...)<P>Ari&lt;---meN

cybersadie
05-06-1999, 08:02 AM
Well I think that there is a fine line between pop and country and r&b. "This Kiss" was very poppy.<P>Anyway, I have some more nominees. I agree that Bette should be on the next special. What about making Chaka Khan a real diva and not just special guest? <P>Oh, and not that I have anything against them because I own albums by both of them. But Mariah and Shania ar simply not divas.N

honky
05-06-1999, 11:15 AM
In my opinion, I think LeAnn is too young for all these honours, so is Brandy. I have nothing against them, but I just think there are lots more people, who are in this industry for a much longer time, deserve to be the Divas :)<P>TommyN

cybersadie
05-07-1999, 11:07 AM
I totally agree Tommy. I think that an artists hould have at least three albums or more than 5 years under their belts before bestowed such honors. But what can I say, I'm old-fashioned.N