PDA

View Full Version : Who was the 1st......

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
04-13-1999, 10:04 AM
Country Artist you saw in concert? <P>For me is was <b>ALABAMA</b> and I must say they still hold a special place in my country music heart! I have seen them 12 times in concert..more than Garth. <P>How bout ya'll?N

jaredev
04-13-1999, 10:09 AM
My first - Garth<BR>I've only been to 2 concerts in my life, but I'm still a youngster!N

ALABAMALVSGARTH
04-13-1999, 10:27 AM
I guess it is pretty obvious that my first country concert was the group ALABAMA also, being that I am from there. They are great entertainers. N

Johnny
04-13-1999, 11:16 AM
I don't really remember much about it, but the first country concert I can really remember going to would have to be Charlie Daniels. I was probably 7 at the time, but I can still remember how cool it was when he was playing that fiddle with that broken string!N

Teddi Jo
04-13-1999, 12:32 PM
Mine was Garth. Glad he was the one to "break me in". In fact, other than Garth & Trisha, they are the only country acts I've seen.N

Country@Heart
04-13-1999, 12:48 PM
I don't go to alot of concerts. I haven't been to any country shows, yet.LOL The first ever concert that I had gone to was 38 Special and The Allman Brother. <P>Country@Heart :)N

Paula
04-13-1999, 05:16 PM
Now, don't laugh. Does Wayne Newton count? He was the very first person I ever saw in concert over 30 years ago. I've seen him several times since, including when I went to Las Vegas a few years ago. The last time I saw him was last summer, and I'm planning to see him again this year. He puts on a great show.<P>PaulaN

kristen166
04-13-1999, 05:26 PM
GARTH WAS MY VERY FIRST CONCERT. :) IT WAS GREAT. CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE GARTH. :)N

MJ
04-13-1999, 05:45 PM
I go to a lot of concerts and I really had to stop and think who my first country one was.I guess it had to be Alabama since they were the only country I liked back in the early 80's.I've seen them around 15 times and would still like to catch there show at "The Alabama Theater" in Myrtle Beach,S.C.<BR>I've always seen them in the big arenas and would enjoy the smaller setting.N

honky
04-13-1999, 07:29 PM
<b>GARTH</b> (who else?) :)<P>TommyN

Peggy
04-13-1999, 08:23 PM
Alabama -- thay are really great!!<BR>N

dj
04-14-1999, 05:05 AM
My first concert of any kind was Garth! This was also my son and daughter's first concert of any kind. This was my husband's first country concert.<BR>djN

Juan Luis
04-14-1999, 06:23 AM
GARTH & TRISHA ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY ARTISTS I HAVE SEEN LIVE IN PERSON. I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC BUT THERE ARE NOT COUNTRY CONCERTS WHERE I LIVE IN. I HAVE SEEN THEM 7 TIMES. IN FACT, THOSE CONCERTS ARE THE BEST OF MY WHOLE LIFE. MY FIRST CONCERT EVER WAS ROCK BAND REO SPEEDWAGON IN SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO MANY YEARS AGO.N

Gary Daniel
04-14-1999, 10:41 AM
The first country artist that I ever saw in concert would be at the Kentucky State Fair, in 1995. I saw Alan Jackson, with a younger Faith Hill. Great concert...and instantly I knew that country music would be what I did with my life, in some way or another. Since that time, I've seen a lot more concerts, from big arenas, to outdoorsy stuff, to nightclubs...and at everyone of them I pull away something new.<P>Here's a list of some country stars I've seen...in case you're wondering, most are multiple times but I can't remember on some:<P>Garth (8 times, including 10th row in Jacksonville, FL and 3rd row at the Central Park gig)<BR>Trisha (5 times, 4 with Garth, one at a lake at my hometown)<BR>Faith Hill<BR>Alan Jackson<BR>Shania and LeAnn Rimes (although I don't count either as country and I regret having to listen)<BR>Sara Evans (4 times)<BR>Lonestar<BR>Martina McBride<BR>Tim McGraw<BR>Terri Clark<BR>Reba McIntire<BR>Brooks and Dunn<BR>Ricochet<BR>Chris LeDoux (THIS CONCERT ROCKED)<BR>Vince Gill<BR>Deana Carter<BR>Mindy McCready<BR>The Kinleys<BR>Sammy Kershaw<BR>Tracy Lawrence<BR>Lari White<BR>Kathy Mattea<BR>Lee Ann Womack<BR>Chely Wright<BR>Wade Hayes<BR>Rick Trevino<BR>Danni Leigh<BR>Joe Diffie<BR>Dixie Chicks (5 times, these gals rock live!!!)<BR>hmmm....that's all I can remember right now...<P>did I answer the question??N

Palle
04-14-1999, 02:22 PM
Garth was the first. Since that concert in 94 it's been Trisha, Marty Stuart, Emmylou Harris (with Rodney Crowell) and The Mavericks. Its not that often that the stars visits Denmark, but I hope someone comes around soon, as it is a little bit more than a year since The Mavericks (they did a great show, even though we only were around a 1000 people I think)N

PGfan
04-14-1999, 06:43 PM
David Lee Murphy at Grad Night in Walt Disney World...thats the first since then I have been to quite a few...N

garthnut1
04-15-1999, 02:56 AM
I've only seen 2 country artists. Faith Hill was first (last October) and Garth/Trisha (last November.) So I guess you could count that as 3.<BR>N

Anonymous
04-15-1999, 07:28 AM
The first country concert I went to had Black Hawk, Little Texas, Mark Collie and Tim McGraw...It was in the summer of 95 and since then I've seen:<BR>Tim 2 more times<BR>Garth 4 times--the first time I was in the 10th row.<BR>Bryan White 5 times, met him 4 times.<BR>Kenny Chesney 3 times, met him twice<BR>Dixie Chicks 2<BR>Clay Walker 3 times<BR>Michael Peterson<BR>John Michael Montgomery<BR>Sawyer Brown, twice<BR>The Mavericks<BR>Kevin Sharp<BR>LeAnn Rimes (with Bryan, slept through her half.)<BR>Randy Travis<BR>Joe Diffie <BR>Martina McBride<BR>Pam Tillis<BR>Lee Roy Parnell<BR>Vince Gill, twice<BR>John Berry<BR>Wade Hayes<BR>Tracy Lawrence, twice<BR>Trace Adkins, twice<BR>Sherrie Austin<BR>Faith Hill, three times<BR>Mark Chesnutt<BR>Paul Brandt<BR>Paul Jefferson<BR>Sammy Kershaw<P>There are many more who were opening acts, I just can't remember all of their names. <BR>The people that I'm still waiting to see are: Trisha, Lonestar, Tracy Byrd, Lila McCann and Steve Wariner.<P>At the George Strait festival I'm looking forward to seeing George and Mark Wills for the first time.<BR>N

hugeGBnutt
04-15-1999, 07:05 PM
<b>GARTH!</b>(2x):FT. WORTH,TX(14th row-floor)LAS,VEGAS(7th row-floor)both in 98'N

ObsessedwithGarth
04-17-1999, 05:35 AM
For me it was Sawyer Brown.They really rocked.N

Dead^Poet^Society
04-17-1999, 10:48 AM
my first concert was<b> Alan Jackson and Wade Hayes</b> i had really terrible nosebleed seats, but it was still awesome.N