PDA

View Full Version : George Strait - looking for a song title - and a question...

Teddi Jo
03-27-1999, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone :) As most of you know by now I don't have local country station here in Montreal so I listen a lot to an on-line station. Anyhow last night I heard a song by George Strait had something to do with "write it down" or something like that. I thought it was a good tune. See, the problem with no country radio is, if a video doesn't get made, I don't know there's a song unless I buy the cd. So I'm trying to find out what CD that song can be found on and what's the title? Thanks :)<P>PS do you recommend other George? Honestly I know he's a huge star but haven't heard much of the music because of that video thing... so I'm kind of oblivious to what I could be missing. I've liked what I've heard so far but maybe I should open my ears & pick up some cd's - which do you recommend?N

Rodney
03-27-1999, 11:30 AM
Teddi Jo,<P>The song is "Write This Down", and it is on George's new album, "Always Never the Same". I highly recommend all of George's albums, as he is one of music's greatest talents. Garth has admitted that George is the reason he decided to get into country music. N

MJ
03-27-1999, 03:54 PM
I recommend ANYTHING by George.I've been listening to him since he first started out(80's).I don't have the new album yet but plan on getting it soon.If you haven't ever seen his movie "Pure Country" I'd recommend it also.He is just so handsome and humble,etc...<P>Teddi Jo: By the way I got my tickets to see John Mellencamp in Bloomington,Indiana on April 24.Should be a good hometown crowd.I really feel bad that he didn't make your area(maybe he will have a change of heart).I live right in the middle of many poular arenas and am never very far from some of the most popular tours.John is actually doing four shows within 2 hours from me and sometimes I don't realize that everyone doesn't always have the same opportunities that I do.I'm happy to be going but I feel bad for you at the same time.Now I'm hoping that Bruce Springsteen will hit my area while he tours later this summer.N

Dead^Poet^Society
03-27-1999, 04:34 PM
I love George. I don't have the new one, but I do have thebox set and 2 other cds. The only George song I absolutely don't like is "Meanwhile" SOmethign baout it and what its about bothers me. But he has some really great stuff. "the chair" is great. I reccomend you check it out...he has a great voice, awesome style, and excellent songs!!N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-27-1999, 06:04 PM
TEDDI JO!!!!<P>I am so excited, I just got home from the <b>George Strait Country Music Festival!!!!</b><P><BR><b>AND GUESS WHAT?????</b> <P>George shot his video tonight for this very song!!! It is an awesome song! I had a blast at this concert! He (George) told us tonight that he would be filming the video and it may take 2 or 3 times to get it right! Well, we were so excited and it actually only took 2 takes, so George must have been happy with it also! :) <P>I am planning on writing a separate post with my whole review of the festival! It was awesome....<P>Love the song "Write It Down" :) N

Teddi Jo
03-28-1999, 03:01 AM
<b> MJ </b><P>Lucky you with yyr JM tix. Too bad I couldn't bunk down @ your place & go to the show *LOL* :) Just kidding I couldn't make it :(<P>I have tried to rent the movie Pure Country but several video stores - I've tried 3 - don't have it anymore :( grrrrr Will keep trying I've seen bits & pcs on TV it looks good!<P>N

Teddi Jo
03-28-1999, 04:59 AM
<b> Gator Girl </b> That's "Very Cool"! George sounds to me like another down to earth big time star - hmm who else do I think of when I think about that? *LOL*<P>Yes I've heard George it a huge influence on Garth. I sure hope CMT runs that video of Write This Down soon. <P>N

Paula
03-28-1999, 05:59 PM
[/b]Teddi Jo[/b],<P>Pure Country is available for purchase. I think I paid under $15 for it at Wal*Mart. It's well worth buying! If you can't find it where you live, I'm sure you could order it at one of the online sites.<P>PaulaN

Paula
03-28-1999, 05:59 PM
<b>Teddi Jo</b>,<P>Pure Country is available for purchase. I think I paid under $15 for it at Wal*Mart. It's well worth buying! If you can't find it where you live, I'm sure you could order it at one of the online sites.<P>PaulaN

MJ
03-29-1999, 02:47 PM
Gator: I've actually been to a couple of shows where they were shooting videos and its really kind of neat.I was at Brooks and Dunn's "Mama Don't Get Dressed Up For Nothing" and Shania's "Honey I'm Home".Both of these they did about three takes of the song and Shania said on her third take that she would be lip-syncing it for filming purposes.N

Johnny
04-12-1999, 05:15 PM
Hey, if any of you are looking to get something by George Strait, get his newer stuff. I personally believe that George is someone who gets better as he gets older. I do recommend Pure Country, since I do feel that is his best album.N

theking
04-17-1999, 07:09 AM
In contrast to what Johnny said, I would like to recommend George's older stuff. I like his first album best, and feel he is getting <i>worst</i> as time goes on. The <i>Pure Country Soundtrack</i> is excellent!N

Brits
04-17-1999, 08:20 AM
I'm going to contradict and agree you both, and say George's old, middling, and new are great!N

Brits
04-17-1999, 08:22 AM
I mean "Agree <b>with</b> you" :oN

MJ
04-17-1999, 03:55 PM
Brits: Can you believe the first time I saw George Strait was at the Little Nashville Opry in 85(I think).I think it held about 1500 people then.In six short weeks we'll be among 45,000 people to see him.I agree with you,I liked everything from "Unwound" to "Write This Down" and all that fell in between.N