PDA

View Full Version : Kenney Chesney

Dead^Poet^Society
03-15-1999, 09:00 AM
ANyone got any interesting tidbits, comments, or information On Kenny Chesney? Can't seem to find much on teh songs from the new album. I just got it, and i love it.I must say its a rare occasion that a musician can put out an album that take me from bawling during one song, to rolling on teh floor laughing durign the next. Kenny did it with this one. =)N

Anonymous
03-15-1999, 11:19 AM
Kenny cowrote You Had Me From Hello(his next single) and it was inspired by the line in "Jerry Maguire". California is a message song about sexual abuse which he hopes to release and he hopes it gets a similar response to That's Why I'm Here. Baptism is one of his personal favorites but probably won't be released because he believes it is too slow for radio. She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy reminds him of his younger years.<BR>How Forever Feels is number one this week and the album debuted at number 5 which is his highest debut ever. Hope this isn't too much. But I Looooove the album!<P><BR>Life is good.N

Dead^Poet^Society
03-15-1999, 03:57 PM
Hey thanks bunches. Thats exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Volunteered to do a CD review on his new one. Really love the CD but can't find nifty tidbits like that. I mean... if anyone has anythign else like that.. i'd love to hear. Kenny's sucha great artist, if ntohign else, its kewl to know!<BR>N

sandytoo
03-16-1999, 04:37 AM
Dead^Poet^Society -<BR> <BR>One of my local country radio stations puts out a monthly newspaper with a different artist featured each month - and this month, it's Kenny Chesney ! He's on the cover with at least a two page story on the inside.<P>So, if you're interested in this, let me know, and I'll mail it to ya !! It hasn't made it to the recycle pile yet !!N

Dead^Poet^Society
03-16-1999, 02:52 PM
Hey Sandy. Thanks!! That'd be great!! let me know how to get u my addy so u can mail it to me. Wow. kewl.<P>I'm from central PA here, doesn't seem like country music is too popular 'round here. least the people don't tlak about it or anythign. Feels like i'm out on a limb most the time. Kinda kewl to have found this forum! least i can talk 'bout it with ppl. I always feel like i;m out on a limb alone, but hey i don'tcare! i like my music! But i also find its hard to get good reliable information. Thanks again. N

Dead^Poet^Society
03-22-1999, 12:22 PM
Hey Sandy... got that paper today. Thanks bunches! THis is great!!! :) Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but...from what i can see its gonna be kewl. Thansk alot. I apprecite it!<BR> :)N

ObsessedwithGarth
03-23-1999, 12:42 AM
I gotta love Kenny Chesney.He wa born and raised just 50 miles from me.He is our hometown hero.Gotta love a boy from Knoxville!!!<P>It made a whole lot of people ill here when they made him recall his song about Our <b>NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP VOLS</b>,but all we could do was voice our opinons for all the good it did.N

MJ
03-23-1999, 10:18 AM
I don't think I've heard the story about that obsessed.Could you fill us in?N

ObsessedwithGarth
03-23-1999, 02:21 PM
He made a song about our football team when they won the National Championship title.He was also the towel boy at the championship game,anyway,the NCAA made him cancel the shipments.He named four of the players by name.The NCAA said that it was illegal for the players to get indorsements or regonition out side the field of sports.So his record company was stuck with all the single cd's and the orange and white covers that they went in.Our radio stations played the song anyway,until the NCAA threatened to fine the University of Tennessee for letting Kenny sell the records.So the radio had to stop playing it.N

MJ
03-24-1999, 03:12 PM
You'd think they'd have a few more SERIOUS violations to investigate than to threaten someone who was a true fan who was singing from his heart.Maybe after these players graduate they could do something with the CD"s.I'm sure many fans would like a collectors item.N

sandytoo
03-28-1999, 06:33 PM
Dead^Poet^Society -<P>Glad you received the paper, hope it has the kind of info that you were looking for on Kenny !!N

Dead^Poet^Society
03-29-1999, 05:56 AM
Thanks bunches Sandy. I used some of the info inmy article. I'll send ya a copy of the article when we get to print. We put outa great paper, or so we'd like to think. <BR>Thanks again, taht was really helpful.<BR>N

sandytoo
03-30-1999, 05:36 PM
Dead^Poet^Society -<P>I look forward to reading your article on Kenny !! I'm sure that it will be great !!N

Gary Daniel
04-02-1999, 03:17 AM
Ok...as most of y'all know, I am working in Nashville for a record company this summer in music publishing. And some of you may know that I'm also a writer at the University of Kentucky. <P>Here's a copy of a recent review that I did for Kenny Chesney's new album, hope you enjoy.<P>&lt;A HREF="http://www.kykernel.com/text/0324/08a_arts.shtml"&gt;N

Gary Daniel
04-02-1999, 03:21 AM
sorry about that...Here's the link.<P> <A HREF="http://www.kykernel.com/text/0324/08a_arts.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.kykernel.com/text/0324/08a_arts.shtml</A> N

kathrynd97
04-02-1999, 01:30 PM
I love his single "I Want to Know How Forever Feels"!!! I saw him at the George Strait Country Music Festival, and he sang that song, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", and "You Had Me From Hello" from his new album. Have to admit he was looking pretty good (too bad he is engaged!!!!). I can't wait to get the new album!!!!!!N

Dead^Poet^Society
04-02-1999, 05:01 PM
Yeah his new one is really great. Did a CD review for my school paper on it. Love all the songs. rarely get an album that doesn't have at least one I don't like, but this one has a little of evertyhing and its ALL GREAT!<BR>I'll get a copy of the article to anyone interested...for what its worth I could probably find a way to get ya the whole paper..or even just e-mail ya the article.. I'm pretty proud of how well I did with it. <BR>Really glad I'm nto the only one who appreciates this guy, he is really great..and yeah, Ihave to admit that he's pretty good looking.. shh... can't say that too loudly..my bf would have a fit...hehe he's so jealous its cute... :)<P>"Carpe Diem"N