PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Going

shmlss4gb
02-28-1999, 09:01 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was thinking about going to the George Strait concert on May 15th at the RFK Stadium in Wash. DC? If I can get tickets, I will be there. Just wanted to see if any fellow PGers would be there as well.<P>P.S. Tickets go on sale March 27th.N

ALABAMALVSGARTH
03-01-1999, 10:04 AM
I am not going to the concert in Washington, D.C. but I did go to it when he was here last spring in Birmingham Alabama and I would encourage anyone who hasn't seen the show to go if it comes to your area. It makes for a pretty long day with all the differen't performers but it is worth it. Great show, not as good as Garth but great nontheless.N

MJ
03-01-1999, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping to go to the Louisville,Ky show on May 30 but tickets haven't went on sale yet.Luckily that is Memorial Day weekend and I won't have to work Monday.I've been to Farmaid once and it is a long but funfilled day.N

Palle
03-02-1999, 01:41 PM
I would love to go to one of his shows, but it seems a little impossible as there is a long way from Denmark to the States. And I guess hell freezes over before he visits Denmark :(N

TXGBFan
03-03-1999, 06:12 PM
I got tickets to concert on April 11th in San Antonio and am really looking foward to the show having never seen George Strait before.<P>RandyN

Paula
03-04-1999, 03:25 PM
I'm planning to go to the one in Foxboro on May 15. Tickets go on sale this Saturday morning and I'll be in line to get my fan club tickets.<P>PaulaN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-04-1999, 04:12 PM
I am going to the March 27th show here in Tampa Florida! Can't wait! <P>George Strait<BR>Tim McGraw<BR>JoDee Messina<BR>The Dixie Chicks<BR>Mark Wills<BR>Asleep at the Wheel <P>I think there is one other but I can't think of who it is. I'll let you all know how it was! :)N

Paula
03-04-1999, 04:17 PM
<b>Gator_Girl_4_Garth </b>,<P>Kenny Chesney is the other artist, plus the up-and-coming artists who will be playing in between set changes in the Straitland area. I haven't heard who those are yet.<P>PaulaN

Brits
03-05-1999, 10:30 AM
<b>MJ:</b><BR>I'm going to be tying to get tickets to the Louisville show as well!<BR>My mother and I are new George fans, and we both are getting <i>really</i> excited at the thought of going...<BR>HazelN

Country@Heart
03-05-1999, 11:31 AM
Hi<P>I would love to go to one of the shows but almost impossible for me. Oh well. Hope you get tickets and if you do have a good time.<P>Country@HeartN

NJ4GARTH
03-05-1999, 06:40 PM
HEY PEOPLE HOW CAN GEORGE BE IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE RFK IN DC AND FOXBORO IN MASS.ON THE 15th OF MAY ????????????N

ALABAMALVSGARTH
03-06-1999, 07:17 AM
He is in Foxboro, MA on May the 16th the day after, go to ticketmaster.com and it has a complete listing all the way through may....N

Paula
03-06-1999, 10:57 AM
Sorry, <b>NJ4GARTH</b>, my mistake. It is Sunday, the 16th, for Foxboro - just got my tickets this morning. I was a little disappointed. They sold Rows 1 and 2 to fan club members and then skipped Rows 3-15 and continued with Row 16. I ended up in Row 18. I just hope no one who is tall or is wearing a big hat will be sitting in front of me.<P>PaulaN

NJ4GARTH
03-06-1999, 03:18 PM
PAULA, HAVE FUN AT THE SHOW AND IF THAT GUY WITH THE BIG HAT IS IN FRONT OF YOU JUST STAND ON THE SEAT. haha!N

MJ
03-06-1999, 05:56 PM
I just saw on another cite that one of the up and coming acts that will be there are a new group "South Sixty Five".I've seen there video and they are kind of country meets Backstreet Boys.I have been impressed with what I've heard so far and am looking forward to getting a glimse of them.<P>Brits: Thats neat that I may be somewhere with another PGer.I'll keep you posted on ticket sales and such and Vica Versa if you hear first.It should be a really Good Time if the great Ohio Vally weather doesn't interfere.N

Anonymous
03-11-1999, 07:39 AM
I just wanted to say that the post that is a couple up from here is the first time I've heard someone complain about seats in the 18th row. Do you have any idea how great they are and how lucky you are to have them. My sister bought tickets the morning they went on sale and ended up with section 110 row 22. Row 18 is great--please do not complain about it. Thank you.N

MJ
03-11-1999, 02:19 PM
Britts: I just heard that tickets for the Louisville show would go on sale on April 19th.Good Luck and hope to see ya there.N

Paula
03-11-1999, 03:45 PM
<b>Anonymous</b>,<P>You may think Row 18 on the floor is good, and if I was tall, I would too. But I had Row 12 on the floor at a Garth Brooks concert and could not see the stage at all because everyone in front of me was tall. I usually try not to get seats in the floor section if at all possible, just for that reason.<P>PaulaN

Brits
03-12-1999, 09:59 AM
<b>MJ</b><BR>Thank you for the information! I had heard nothing about it.<BR>Good luck to you too! It would be neat if we did see each other there...<BR>HazelN

Anonymous
03-13-1999, 04:51 PM
Paula, I had row 10 at a Garth concert as well. I'm 5 feet nothing and I saw Garth every second he was on the stage. If you don't think 18th row seats are good, I'll be glad to trade tickets with you. I've also been as far back as the first row in the last section and saw Garth every second he was on stage--determination is everything.N

MJ
03-14-1999, 09:27 AM
Paula: I'm with you, I don't like being on the floor either(and I'm tall).After the first 10 or 15 rows I can't hardly see anything.N

Anonymous
03-15-1999, 12:12 PM
I just found out that my 50 dollar tickets are on the totally opposite side of a football arena(i.e. at least 100 yards). These tickets were bought 20 minutes after they went on sale and I was told they were best available. Well, if that is the best available for 50 dollars, I don't want to think about what is best available for 30. <BR>Now Paula if this doesn't convince you of how blessed you are to have 18th row tickets I don't know what will. And if you are still unsatisfied my tix aren't all I will trade for your seats!N

ALABAMALVSGARTH
03-15-1999, 03:20 PM
I bought tickets Saturday morning for Clay Walker/Sammy Kershaw at the Civic center in Birmingham. They tried to give me 19th row on the floor and I wouldn't take them, because I was on the 17th row for Garth one of the nights he was here and they were horrible seats, I would have rather been in the first few rows of the upper level closer to the stage. Anyway I got back at the end of the line and ended up with right next to the stage 7 rows up, excellent seats, a hell of alot better than all the way back at the other end of the civic center. I had lots rather have section seats than floor seats unless they are in the first 10 rows.....N

sandytoo
03-16-1999, 05:32 AM
OK, let me tell what I know about Ticketmaster's idea of "best tickets available" from any concert that I've ever tried to get tickets for, even Garth !!<P>For some reason, Ticketmaster believes that starting on the floor on the stage end and going all the way back to opposite end of the floor is "best tickets available" - why, I don't know !! Why would opposite end of the floor be better seats than the first several sections of elevated seats near the stage ?<P>I learned that this was Ticketmaster's scheme when getting Brooks & Dunn tickets several years ago. I was in a line with about ten other people. We all got our tickets in less than 10 minutes. And guys, this 10 minutes is not like the first 10 minutes of a Garth ticket sale !! Well, I ended up on the opposite end of the floor from the stage, about 10 rows up on the floor risers !! And the show never even sold out !!<P>So, when Garth tickets went on sale for Atlanta in 1996, I was able to get front row behind the stage for two shows by hanging out at the end of the line until everyone was gone. And you know why ? Because Ticketmaster was doing their version of "best seats available", which even goes as far as selling upper level seats before front row behind the stage !! I asked where "they" were in the selling process, and the Ticketmaster agent said that they were already selling them in the upper level, but hadn't even begun selling the first level, front row behind the stage !! So, I requested front row behind the stage, and they were mine !!<P>So, get my point ? Sorry to be so long winded, but the morale to my story is to never trust Tickemaster's idea of "best seats available" !! If you have the option, always request specific areas/seats !!<P>And Paula and MJ, I agree with you - if you can't get the first two or three rows on the floor, you're better off on the elevated seats on the side right at the stage !! N

sandytoo
03-17-1999, 05:30 AM
Guess I should have said the "moral" to my story and not "morale" !! :oN