PDA

View Full Version : What Non-Garth Song always...

MrPuck2
02-08-1999, 05:04 PM
makes you cry?<p>For me I just cry everytime I hear the following songs<p>Dance Little Jean - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band<br>Fancy - Reba McEntire<br>Don't Cry Daddy- Elvis Presley<br>Runaway Train- Soul Asylum<br>Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw<p>Don't be afraid to show some emotions guys and girls.N

CMFAN20
02-08-1999, 07:35 PM
Oh... Yep!<br>Don't Take The Girl is one.<br>How Can I Help You Say Goodbye:Patty Loveless (I have to change the station quickly) <br>One Of These Days:Tim McGraw<br>Are You Lonesome Tonight:Elvis (oh god... the talking gets me everytime!)<br>If I Lost You:Travis Tritt<br>Tree Of Hearts:Bryan White (Video gets to me) :o<br>LOL well those are a few... can't think of anything else right now... I'm sure I will later. :D<p>PaulaN

Doug
02-09-1999, 04:50 AM
well I am not much of a cryer...but I can't say that there aren't any songs out there that are sad....<p>Little Cowboy's Cry: JMM<br>Your Gone: Diamond Rio<p>and I am sure there are more but I just can't think of them rightnow..N

jaredev
02-09-1999, 07:18 AM
The first song I thought of that wasn't already listed was Jeff Carson's "The Car."N

JulieLvsGB
02-09-1999, 10:55 AM
Here are a couple more that haven't been listed yet. <p>The Greatest Man I Never Knew - Reba<p>A Man Holding On To a Woman Letting Go - Ty Herndon<p>Don't Laugh at Me - Mark Wills<p>I'm a crybaby so I'm sure there are more, plus some of the ones already listed.<p>JulieN

JulieLvsGB
02-10-1999, 10:51 AM
How could I have forgotten this one:<p>Love Me - Collin RayN

honky
02-11-1999, 08:00 AM
First I have to say that I never cry after or during a song.. But, there is one song that really touches me every time I listen it. It's <b>Holes in floor of heaven</b> because I am living with my grandma now, and that song definitely reminds me of something.<P>TommyN

JulieLvsGB
02-11-1999, 11:18 AM
Sorry about the misspelling - should have been Collin RAYE.<P>How about:<P>The Box - Randy Travis<P>Abraham, Martin and John - Dion (an oldie)<P>and, Last Kiss (an oldie, artist unknown)N

kristen166
02-11-1999, 03:07 PM
I think I will have to say:<P>"SHE THINKS HIS NAME WAS JOHN" by Reba McIntire.<P>"DON'T TAKE THE GIRL" by Tim McGraw. :)N

MJ
02-11-1999, 04:16 PM
I am the biggest boo-hoo'er alive(so all my friends say).I've cried at every song mentioned so here's a couple I haven't seen mentioned yet.<P>Mark Wills:"Wish You Were Here"(this is a new song so if you haven't heard it really listen to the words when you do and have a hanky ready)<P><BR>Collin Raye:"Little Rock"(I used to be in love with an alcaholic who could never quit drinking and this song really hits home with me).<P><BR>One day while watching CMT they did a Travis Tritt triple take of "Anymore","Tell Me I Was Dreaming",and "If I Lost You".Needless to say I was sobbing uncontrolibly(sp) and I was severely depressed the rest of the evening.N

MJ
02-11-1999, 04:20 PM
Just saw the post about JMM and thought of the song he wrote following the death of his father"I Miss You A Little".N

JulieLvsGB
02-11-1999, 06:26 PM
MJ,<P>I saw that same Triple Take and it affected me the same.<P>JulieN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
02-11-1999, 06:59 PM
Here is a list of my "Running Faucet" songs:<P>1: Don't take the girl- Tim McGraw<BR>2. Where've You Been? - Kathy Matea<BR>3. Go Rest High on that Mountain- Vince Gill<BR>4. That's Why I'm Here- Kenny Chesney<BR>5. Holes in the Floor of Heaven- Steve Wariner<BR>N

CaptMorgan
02-12-1999, 06:03 PM
I very rarely cry, but the ones that never fail to get to me are both Christmas songs. <BR>-I'll Be Home For Christmas<BR>-Silent Night (Garth's version when he's talking about making it home for Christmas)<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...<BR>N

Pezaholic22
02-13-1999, 03:08 PM
Oh man, "Wish You Were Here" makes me cry so bad...I can't help it! It came on on the bus on the way to high school last week and I almost cried then...<BR>"When I Close My Eyes" by Kenny Chesney<BR>"How Can I Help YOu Say Goodbye"<BR>"Come Some Rainy Day" by Winnona<BR>that "She's A River, He's A Highway" song that might be by Patty LovelessN

MJ
02-13-1999, 03:27 PM
Pez: I think "She's A River..." is by Pam Tillis.Very Good song.N

Hyacinth
02-18-1999, 10:51 AM
Yes, that was Pam Tillis. I LOVE that song!<P>The absolute, #1 cry song ever for me is "Old Shep" by Elvis! I only heard it once, when I was a little girl, and it STILL makes me cry now when I think about it (I have refused to ever listen to it again because it is SOOOOO SAAAAAD :().<P>"Holes in the Floor of Heaven" makes me cry because my mom died when I was little, and my dad and I were estranged by the time I got married, so neither of them were there (must be why I'm divorced!).<P>I usually don't like Sammy Kershaw, but I was watching CMT and I saw the video for "Politics, religion and her." I watched it because of the horses (I always watch videos with horses in them!)! The surprise ending caught me totally off guard...maybe it was because of the horses, but I bawled my head off for several minutes!N

Hyacinth
02-18-1999, 10:52 AM
Oops, forgot one...Fancy makes me cry too, except when it makes me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!N