PDA

View Full Version : Lyric Meaning to Where The Green Grass Grows

jaredev
02-03-1999, 03:03 PM
What does Tim McGraw mean by these lyrics in "Where The Green Grass Grows":<p>I got a poundin' head and an achin' back<br><b>And the camels standin' in a big straw stack</b><p>I found the lyrics, but I still don't understand that bold part!<p>Someone please help...this has been bothering me really bad!N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
02-03-1999, 03:16 PM
Could 'camels' be refering to cigarettes? <p>That's the only thing I can think of.<p>Sounds like someone farm working. <br> N

jaredev
02-03-1999, 04:41 PM
It has to refer to something in the city, because he's still talking about the city in that verse. <p>Cigarettes was the first thing I thought of too, but I still don't understand it!N

MJ
02-04-1999, 03:15 PM
I don't know if this really makes any sense or not but could it have something to do with the old saying "the straw that broke the camels back"? Just a thought.N

Pezaholic22
02-05-1999, 12:06 PM
I thought the line was "Now the camel's buried in a big straw stack," and I got the impression that it did come from 'the straw that broke the camel's back'--so much of this trouble, all piled together, all of it 'the last straw' but still putting up with it, still holding on and staying in the city with all its stresses and problems, and now the camel's back is more than broken under the weight of all the little things, now it's buried...It's hard to put this into words!N

garthfan_
06-10-1999, 05:33 PM
he doesn't say "and the camels standin in a big straw stacka"!!! he says "and the camels buried in a big straw stack" referring to his huge workload and how he can't keep up!!N

Johnny
06-13-1999, 06:25 PM
I think you are right, this could mean that his workload from the city has finally gotten to him and he is gonna go back to the simple farming life, "Where the Green Grass Grows".N

hugeGBnutt
06-14-1999, 06:39 PM
hmmmmmmmm.........<P>Ari&lt;---meN