PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas Songs/Albums

MrPuck2
11-16-1998, 03:29 PM
<br>Some have posted about the upcoming Christmas season, and new albums of Christmas songs. I thought it would be cool to get a list of songs together to for the holidays. If possible please list the album that they are from, and I'll share my list with you.<p>1. If everyday was like Christmas -- Elvis Presley...Elvis' Christmas Album (1970)<p>2. What if Jesus comes back like that -- Collin Raye... Superstar Christmas(1997)<p>3. Thank God for Kids-- Oak Ridge Boys...??<p>4. There's a new Kid in Town-- Alan Jackson and Keith Whitley...(Alan Jacksons X-mas Album)<p>5. Santa looked a lot like Daddy-- Buck Owens ...??<p>6. Momma liked the Roses -- Elvis Presley...(Same as above)<p>7. Christmas in Dixie-- Alabama...??<p>and i have to throw in three fun christmas songs, for all of those like myself who work retail ( Christmas at Ground Zero and The Night Santa went Crazy by Weird Al Yankovich, and Elmo and Patsy's classic Grandma Got Runover by a Raindeer) I have a tradition of the night of the first snowfall of the year, to listen to Christmas music. It really puts me in the christmas spirit and I have not been able to do it yet this year!! N

yourmama
11-19-1998, 09:43 PM
I think Collin Raye's "The Gift" is awesome! I just bought it yesterday and I think this guy can really sing! I love the song "It could happen again". Does anyone hear this song before? <p>From: YourmamaN

theking
11-20-1998, 09:43 AM
Anything on George Strait's <i>Merry Christmas Strait To You</i><p>Alan Jackson's "I Only Want You For Christmas"<p>And, of course, <i>Beyond The Season</i>N

Peggy
11-23-1998, 08:22 AM
We had a Christmas Album by Kenny Rogers. Its not the most recent one. It was really nice. Unfortunately, it was on cassette and my little one tore it out and ruined it. I can't remember the name of the album but one great song was about "just another homemade Christmas in Kentucky". Anyone know the one I mean? email me please if you do thanks.N

hugeGBnutt
12-03-1998, 06:32 PM
hey guys,what about BEYOND THE SEASONS!!!!!!N

Luvthegman
12-07-1998, 05:24 PM
Besides my favorites of the traditional Christmas songs...<br>Like Garths versions of "Go tell it on the mountain"..."Silent Night"...and "What Child is This"...<p>There is a song called "One Bright Star"<br>its by Vince Gill on his "Let there be peace on Earth" album.<br>I really love this song...its really beautiful. If you get the chance take a listen.<br>My Christmas wish would be that "One Bright Star" would shine on all our hearts this Christmas :)<br>God Bless<br>DeannaN

sandytoo
12-08-1998, 04:40 PM
Kenny Rogers "The Gift". Wonderful Christmas album - love the duet with Wynonna on the song "Mary, Did You Know". :DN

cybersadie
12-14-1998, 05:14 AM
I definitely love "Beyond the Season" I think my two favorite songs are "Friendly Beasts" and (the name escapes me at the moment) the one about Maria's gift to the baby Jesus of the bird with the broken wing.<p>I also love Vince Gill's "Breath of Heaven". He does a really good job of adapting Amy Grant's song.N

Ginmyheart
12-14-1998, 05:24 AM
Well my list of faves is gonna be short and sweet.....there are....<p>my all-time favorite Christmas songs done by two favorite artists....<p>Silent Night-Garth "Beyond the Season"<br>O Holy Night-Martina "White Christmas"<p> :) CristinaN

Krash
12-14-1998, 05:30 AM
Aside from Garth's music.........my all time favorite Christmas Song is "Oh Holy Night" sung by John Berry!! I've never heard it done better!!! :)<br>MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!N

BigGfan4life
12-15-1998, 02:31 PM
Here are my fave Christmas songs, in no particular order, although as I'm sure you know, Garth always has my #1 vote...<p>Christmas in Dixie- Alabama<br>The Old Man's Back In Town -Gee, I wonder!!<br>Tender Tennessee Christmas- Alabama<br>O Holy Night- Martina McBride<br>Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy - I wonder, again!!N

honky
12-15-1998, 05:20 PM
I personally love "unto this child", "santa is back in town", and "santa looks alot like daddy"...Garth Brooks RULES!<p>TommyN

LilReba
12-31-1998, 09:22 AM
My favorite Christmas Album is Country Christmas 98...and Reba's Merry Christmas...But my new favorite was a song she sang called: This Christmas...it was very moving and is my favorite non traditional....My favorite traditional christmas song is "Oh Holy Night"...and Martina sings the life outta that song!! :)<br> <br>- Lil Reba AKA Sonia LynnN

Conor McLaughlin
01-16-1999, 11:24 AM
"Unto You This Night" or "Go Tell It On The Mountain", Garth Brooks Beyond The SeasonN

jaredev
01-17-1999, 07:41 PM
O.k. the X-mas season is over, and I nobody probably cares, but I would like to recomend an album.<p>Martina McBride's "White Christmas" is great. It's the only X-mas album I've bought lately, and it's worth every penny!<p>Get this X-mas album, if you are ever looking for one...next year anyway! :)N

Gbfan1
01-18-1999, 09:01 AM
Unto You This Night<br>is not only an exellent song and not only describes our saviors birth soooo well<br>GARTH sings it <br>Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night Unto You This Night <p>GlennN

Shan
11-06-1999, 06:34 AM
I also love "Mary, Did You Know?" - the duet by Kenny Rogers with Wynonna on his CD "The Gift". It gives me chills! Wy also has a gorgeous version of "Blue Christmas" on the David Foster Christmas Album. The Judds Christmas album is nice too, if you can find it.N

Pilgrim
11-06-1999, 10:37 AM
Everything on my favorite punk band's CD called <BR><B>Wir Warten Auf's Christkind</B> :D<BR>Really really really cool music :D<P>Brian<P>PS. I think I put the CD in the stereo now :)N

garthnut1
11-06-1999, 12:40 PM
I've never heard Garth's Beyond the Season. But Amy Grant's cd is my favorite. I also love Kenny G's.<P>AmyN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
11-06-1999, 05:53 PM
Krash!!! :)<P>I agree 100% about "O Holy Night"! It is my favorite Christmas song, and I have the John Berry CD and think it is the most beautiful arrangement and voice I have ever heard sing that song! ( Goosebumps just thinking about it! ) <P>My other Christmas favorites are: <P>Vince Gill- Let There Be Peace On Earth<BR>Martina McBride-White Christmas<BR>Alabama-Christmas in Dixie<BR>Oak Ridge Boys- Christmas is Paintin The Town<BR>and Thank God for Kids<P>Great Topic...didn't realize it was from last year!N