PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Young Cowboys gone?

KCFan
10-21-1998, 12:23 PM
Hey y'all, I listen to a lot of radio and have noticed that something is missing lately. Actually a lot is missing. Where have all the young country artist gone? If you're unsure who I'm talking about I'll give you a list of artist who are hardly ever played on my radio station. <p>1. Rhett Akins--not even his older songs.<br>2. James Bonamy--nothing.<br>3. Bryan White--rarely played anymore.<br>4. Chris Cummings--actually he was never played in my area.<br>5. Paul Brandt<br>6. Trace Adkins--he's older and has had a few songs out recently but lately nothing.<br>7. Mindy McCready--not a cowboy but still MIA. <p>If anyone knows why they aren't being played please let me know. Thank You,<p>Amy LynnN

theking
10-21-1998, 01:18 PM
Here's a list of some other artists that I would consider "Missing In Action":<p>John Anderson<br>Mark Chesnutt<br>Mark Collie<br>Rick Trevino<br>Confederate Railroad<br>Aaron Tippin<br>Mary-Chapin Carpenter<br>Daryle Singletary<br>Doug Supernaw<br>David Lee Murphy<br>Marty Stuart<br>Ricky Van Shelton<br>Lee Roy Parnell<br>Kathy Mattea<br>Hal Ketchum<br>Doug Stone<br>Garth Brooks (just kidding)N

MrPuck2
10-22-1998, 03:26 PM
Wade Hayes could be listed as MIA also. I haven't heard from him since "Woman like you"N

jaredev
10-27-1998, 08:41 AM
I would have to agree that some young artists aren't being played enough, especially a talent like Bryan White. It seems as if they are just ignoring his current album. Another thing I have noticed is how after a new artist released their first album, the following albums don't get as much attention. Look at guys and gals like Paul Brandt, James Bonamy, and Mindy McCready. Their first albums were great and that put them in the spotlight. Their following albums haven't gotten any attention, and I'm not sure what the answere to it is. In some cases I think that their following albums aren't as good, but in other cases it's just the fact that radio isn't recognizing them.N