PDA

View Full Version : Best Non-Garth album of the year...

mbarker
10-13-1998, 06:41 PM
This year I like...<br> Dixie Chicks -- Wide Open Spaces<br> Alabama -- 41 Hits<br> Trisha Yearwood -- Where Your Road Leads<br> Steve Wariner -- Burnin' the ...<br> Ty Herndon -- Big HopesN

PlanetGarth.com
10-13-1998, 06:51 PM
Trisha Yearwood -- Where Your Road Leads<br>Steve Wariner -- Burnin' the Roadhouse Down<br>Diamond Rio -- UnbelievableN

TexxNutt
10-13-1998, 07:12 PM
Ditto what Brandon said, but add Deana Carter and Collin Raye. CrickettN

Debbie from NZ
10-13-1998, 09:37 PM
Tim McGraw - Everywhere<br>Mark Wills - Wish You Were Here<br>Ty Herndon - Big Hopes<br>Diamond Rio - Unbelievable<br>N

Rodney
10-13-1998, 10:04 PM
George Strait-- One Step at a Time<br>Chris Ledoux-- One Road Man<br>Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson-- Storytellers<br>Dwight Yoakam-- A Long Way Home<br>Gary Allan-- It Would Be You<p>I hope these album titles are correct, because I am just thinking of them off the top of my head.N

Niki
10-14-1998, 07:18 AM
Trisha Yearwood -- Where Your Road Leads<br>Steve Wariner -- Burnin' the Roadhouse Down<br>Diamond Rio -- Unbelievable<br>Tim McGraw - Everywhere<br>Ty Herndon -- Big Hopes (very nice guy - got an autograph and great pic with him :) )N

CMFAN20
10-14-1998, 07:52 AM
Ohh lets see... I have 3 that I really like, that I can't go anywhere without.<p>1. Dixie Chicks : Wide Open Spaces<br>2. Shania Twain : Come On Over *not the best voice, but it has a great beat to it... its a good house cleaning tape*<br>3. Trisha Yearwood : Where Your Road Leads<p>And those are just the top 3 LMAO I have many.<p>Paula,N

CMFAN20
10-14-1998, 08:02 AM
Whoops.... LOL sorry about the LMAO that is what I get for trying to chat with somebody and post on here... don't try that at home kids... LOL sorry!!!N

honky
10-14-1998, 10:27 AM
I would pick:<br>1) Burnin' the roadhouse down (Steve)<br>2) Where your roads lead (Trisha)<br>3) Walls came down (Collin Raye)<br>4) Everywhere (Tim)<br>5) Faith (Faith Hill)<br>6) Paul Brandt (Outside the frame)N

Ginmyheart
10-14-1998, 01:21 PM
1. Evolution (Martina)<br>2. Burnin' the Roadhouse Down (Steve)<br>3. The Walls Came Down (Collin)N

KCFan
10-14-1998, 01:35 PM
1. I Will Stand Kenny Chesney<br>2. Burning the Roadhouse down Steve Wariner<br>3. Everywhere Tim McGraw<br>4. Big Hopes Ty Herndon and <br>5. Crazy Nights LonestarN

yourmama
10-14-1998, 07:31 PM
Okay here is my so-called album of the year:<p>1. THE WALLS CAME DOWN: Definitely! One of Collin Raye's best album. Highly recommend "I wish I could", "I can still feel you", "Someone you used to know", and "All my roads".<p>2. EVERYWHERE: Well, what can I say, it won the award.<p>3. FAITH: Probably it's because I love "Let me let go" and "Just to hear you say that you love me".<p>4. WHERE YOUR ROADS LEAD: Trisha did a great job in this album and she sings well with GB. <p>5. BURNIN' THE ROAD HOUSE DOWN: Yeah, Steve has some great music and I really appreciate it. <p> Well, there are still a lot of albums that I don't have so I can't really judge; however, I still believe that The Walls Came Down is the best cause' it's the first album that I ever bought in my whole entire life! Plus, Collin is such a talented singer. I just hope that other people can buy the cd too cause' the best songs might NOT be released to the radio station so you might probably miss the best songs in The Walls Came Down. See ya.N

cybersadie
10-14-1998, 07:57 PM
1) Where your road leads (Trisha)<br>2) The Key (Vince)<br>3) Faith (Faith)<br>4) Everywhere (Tim)<p>Haven't heard the Dixie Chicks' album yet. so you guys think I should?N

Garthnutt4Life
10-14-1998, 08:10 PM
I have so many also...I will keep mine to 5..<p>1. Trisha Yearwood~~Where Your Road Leads<br>2. Tim McGraw~~Everywhere<br>3. Collin Raye~~Walls Came Down<br>4. Faith~~Faith Hill<br>5. Mark Wills~~Wish You Were HereN

yourmama
10-15-1998, 02:08 AM
<br>To: cybersadie <br> Hi, there. Well, I won't really recommend you to buy Dixie Chick's album cause' I don't think they are that good. Yes, some of their songs are quite entertaining, but that's it. No depth at all! Comparing to Garth Brooks and Collin Raye, they are still the small "chicken". I would highly recommend you (since it's non-GB album) Collin's The Walls Came Down. Trust me, it's really that great! The best songs in this cd might not be released to the radio stations, so you just have to buy the cd in order to hear them all. see ya <br>N

Debbie R
10-15-1998, 08:02 AM
I don't really buy too many CD's besides Garth, but the two that have made inroads into my car's 10 CD changer (previously full of Garth) is Steve Wariner and Trisha.<p>The interesting thing is that although I love both of them, my reaction wasn't immediately the same to both.<p>Steve Wariner's Burnin the Roadhouse Down I loved IMMEDIATELY!!! As I listened to the CD for the first time, as every song came on I was surprised that I loved it as much or more than the previous song. There is only 1 song on that CD that is just ok. Oh, and thank you to whoever on these forums pointed out that the reason the songs seemed so familiar is that they play Steve in the arena before a GB concert! For a while I was really baffled because I knew that these songs were familiar to me, but they were not singles from the radio.<p>On the other hand, Trisha's CD Where Your Road Leads required a little more listening to fully appreciate it. There were 3 or 4 songs that I fell in love with right away, but the rest took time for me to hear the nuances and relate to the lyrics. Some of the songs just seemed so different from her usual style that they caught me off guard. Now, however, I like it just as much as Steve's. <p>I guess I had never bought two CDs at the same time to compare and contrast. Usually I just buy 1 which becomes the new favorite for a while.<p>I wonder if anyone else had the same reaction, to Trisha's new CD?<p>Sorry for babbling. Maybe I should have started a new topic for CD reviews?<p>DebbieN

Brits
10-15-1998, 10:32 AM
My favourite ones are:<p>Where Your Road Leads - Trisha Yearwood<br>High Mileage - Alan Jackson<p>These are the only non-Garth country albums I've bought recently. I'm going to by Steve Wariner and George Strait's new ones in the next couple of weeks, so I'll let you know what I think.<br>BritsN

blueyes72
10-15-1998, 09:41 PM
I need to defend the Chicks! Got their CD a few weeks ago and I love them. They don't have the numerous hits all the other artists have (obviously since the lead singer is only 23), but they have great music that you can sing your heart out with. As for depth, try the ballad "You were mine." It goes something like "What right does she have to take your heart away when for so long you were mine?" Great group with lots of potential. Hope you all give them a chance. <br>Other favorites: Collin Raye Direct Hits and Alabama 41 Hits (Talk about bringing back memories). N

honky
10-15-1998, 09:57 PM
For the Dixie Chicks, I think they are good in a way that they bring new stuff to country musics. I would see them as if they are the "spice girls" in pop. Very energitic. However, I think their songs are ok becasue there are many artists who have better songs..<br>No offence to the chicks, just a thought for them..N

Thisainttennessee
10-16-1998, 12:45 PM
I agree with blueyes72!I don't have the Dixie Chicks album(YET!).But every hit song on there is great!They just have incredible voices!I would definitly recomend it!My best friend bought it and every time she comes over it goes in the CD player!I think it's awsome!Just my opinion.Other favorites are:Trisha Yearwoods-Steve Wariners-Mark Wills-David Kershs etc.Thanks!!!N

Doug
10-19-1998, 06:04 AM
Lets see I gotta get my cd case out...<p>Okay<p>JMM- Leave a Mark<br>Trishas-Where Your Road Leads <br>Dixie Chicks- Wide Open Spaces<p>I think that just about covers it for me!<p>DougN

jaredev
10-27-1998, 09:28 AM
The answer to this one is by far TIM MCGRAW.<br>Don't take me wrong, Garth is the best there is, but this album deserves top honors..."Just To See You Smile"...the best single, not counting any of Garth's of course.N