PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise over Denver

Hawk7lte
06-01-2000, 08:46 PM
Shooting Stars in the sky.<BR>City lights twinkle far beneath.<BR>Cool brook murmurs by,<BR>high above those city streets.<P>Wind rustles pines,<BR>evening shadows blend,<BR>two forms entwine,<BR>together on the mountain top.<BR>Passion suspends time,<BR>great gift heaven sends.<P>Sunrise over Denver;<BR>Rosy fire's smouldering tender.<BR>Purple mountains reappear.<BR>Darkness turning, disappears.<BR>Eagles soaring flight,<BR>dawn draws near.<BR>Softly brightening light.<P>Denver's angels smile and sigh,<BR>"fitting sight for the light.<BR>Blessed people sleeping there,<BR>cuddled close on blanket bare.<P>Arms and legs still entwine.<BR>They will wake to find,<BR>and praise they'll send above,<BR>they will wake to love."<P>Sunrise over Denver;<BR>Rosy fire's smouldering tender.<BR>Purple mountains reappear.<BR>Darkness turning, disappears.<BR>Eagles soaring flight,<BR>Dawn draws near.<BR>Softly brightening light.<P>M.M.Ghrist<BR>Hawk<BR>copyright June/2000<BR>N

MDgarthgirl
06-03-2000, 07:52 AM
Wow, <B>Hawk7lte </B>!<P>That really paints a beautiful picture. :)<P><I>"Blessed people sleeping there,<BR>cuddled close on blanket bare."</I><P>Very Cool,<BR>NashN

Hawk7lte
06-03-2000, 12:40 PM
Hey Nash Thanks.<P>That's the kind of feedback ah really appreciate - to know from what someone said that they "get it".<P><BR>Love and sex - not the same thing but interconnected don't you think?<P><BR>HawkN

AZamy77
06-03-2000, 01:06 PM
That's BEAUTIFUL Hawk! :)<P>I think C C inspired you to write this, aka RockyMtnGrl@Hrt..so I'm gonna email her this right now!<P>Thanks for all your inspiring words Hawk. You sure have a gift inside of you. Thanks for sharing it with us! :)N

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
06-03-2000, 01:53 PM
Hawk,<P>This is one of the most beautiful<BR>things I have ever read! Thank you :)<P>CCN

Pilgrim
06-03-2000, 02:11 PM
Hawk<P>You are REALLY good at this :D Why did you wait for so long? :o<P>I really like it :)<P>BrianN

Hawk7lte
06-03-2000, 08:02 PM
Yep CC wanted a song about Denver - so I thought I would write one. <P>High above Denver there is a spot in the mountains where you can look out over Denver. There is a famous Cowboy buried there(Buffalo Bill Cody maybe). I can't remember for sure (if CC sees this - she could tell ya' all). Pictured that spot - and the rest just fell into place.<P>Thanks for the kind words.<P>It's mah first love song thanks especially for being gentle (blush).<P>Hawk N