PDA

View Full Version : "She's Gonna Love You" ....and No, I wasn't bitter when I wrote it, LOL

MDgarthgirl
03-10-2000, 11:07 AM
Hey y'all. Here's another for your reading enjoyment. It's a fun one, or at least, that's what I was aiming for. ;)<P><BR><B>She’s Gonna Love You</B><BR>© 2000 Stephanie Shade<P>She’s said a million times before<BR>just where she belongs<BR>Never once did her words include<BR>“wrapped up in your arms”<BR>I’ve watched you run after her<BR>with no distance gained<BR>You won’t listen to one woman<BR>so let another explain<P>She’s gonna love you…<BR>When the devil’s in his winter coat<BR>shoveling the walk<BR>She’s gonna love you…<BR>when water turns to wine<BR>and all the animals can talk<BR>She’s gonna love you…<BR>When you’re sitting on your front porch<BR>watching pigs fly by<BR>That’s when she’ll come back<BR>forever standing by your side<P>So take it as a lesson learned<BR>you’re no longer in her life<BR>The broken heart she wears inside<BR>won’t let you have her twice<BR>I’d hate to see you waste your time<BR>on a game you’ll never win<BR>So listen to my words and<BR>baby, let them sink in<P>She’s gonna love you…<BR>When the devil’s in his winter coat<BR>shoveling the walk<BR>She’s gonna love you…<BR>when water turns to wine<BR>and all the animals can talk<BR>She’s gonna love you…<BR>When you’re sitting on your front porch<BR>watching pigs fly by<BR>That’s when she’ll come back<BR>forever standing by your side<P><BR>Thanks for your time,<BR>Nash<P>N

MDgarthgirl
03-10-2000, 11:40 AM
...forgot something. It plays in my head like the beat of Brad Paisley's "Me Neither." Just to give you an idea of what I was going after.<P>NashN

GarthLVR88
03-10-2000, 12:32 PM
Wow Steph! :o I love the play on words!! You're just too good. Thanks again for being my "editor". LOL, keep on writin'!!<P>RachelN

Pilgrim
03-10-2000, 12:57 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO<P>The song is AWESOME as usual by you :D :D :D<P>I'm trying to think of another melody :o<P>it's so funny when I really finsd a melody on my own :) :) :)<P>Thanks ALOT for sharing Stephanie :D :D :D :D<P>BrianN

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-10-2000, 07:05 PM
Nash,<P>You said you were goin' for "fun"?......hey it worked :) Very cool lyrics!I was hearing a tune in my head too lol....fassst! like Papa Loved Mama :D<P>CCN

Ladyg
03-12-2000, 10:58 AM
Steph:<P>Too cool for words...but then you KNOW I'm in awe of your talent for songwriting. Thanks for sharing it with me and the rest of the world..and thanks for letting me and Brian get a "sneak-peek" at it the other day...it's really awesome now that you have finished it!<P>LuvYa!<BR>Debbie :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

honky
03-16-2000, 01:58 PM
Nash... <P>sorry, I don't understand this song. Would you explain this to me? Sounds like there is humour in it ;)<P><BR>TommyN

MDgarthgirl
03-17-2000, 09:59 AM
<B>Tommy</B>,<BR>I have to admit I'm not sure how to take your reply. The wink is throwing me off as to whether you're serious or not, LOL.<P>But, I'll try to explain it anyways. The song is about a guy who mistreated a girl, so she left him. Now he's struggling to get her back and I'm interjecting saying that "she'll never love you." BUT, I turned it around saying that "she's gonna love you" and then put impossible circumstances after it. Like the first circumstance in the chorus is saying "she'll love you when hell freezes over." <P>Better?<P>NashN

loreli
03-17-2000, 12:06 PM
That's a great song Nash!! <P>I really like it!! Very cool :D<P>Lori<P>N

no1cowgirl
05-11-2000, 02:47 PM
This is a wonderful song! I love it! *S* You are a very talented songwriter....maybe we'll have to collaborate sometime....or maybe I can sing one of yer songs when I'm famous *L* IF!<P>KristaN

major tom
05-11-2000, 04:06 PM
Great song you are really talented :)<P>Kirsty<P>N

TK
05-15-2000, 02:28 AM
Great job as usual! I could just see this one being played to some fast paced music on CMT. Some of your lyrics are just brilliant:<P>"She’s gonna love you…<BR>when water turns to wine<BR>and all the animals can talk"<P>Classic! Keep up the great work.<P>TK :)N