PDA

View Full Version : Growing up..................a song......

Glenn!
01-30-2000, 10:09 AM
<I>Spread Your Wings</I><P><B>Words and music by John Deacon of <I>Queen</I></B><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Sammy was low <BR>Just watching the show <BR>Over and over again <BR>Knew it was time <BR>He'd made up his mind <BR>To leave his dead life behind <BR>His boss said to him <BR>'Boy you'd better begin <BR>To get those crazy notions right out of your head <BR>Sammy who do you think that you are? <BR>You should've been sweeping up the Emerald bar' <BR>Spread your wings and fly away <BR>Fly away far away <BR>Spread your little wings and fly away <BR>Fly away far away <BR>Pull yourself together <BR>'Cos you know you should do better <BR>That's because you're a free man <P>He spends his evenings alone in his hotel room <BR>Keeping his thoughts to himself he'd be leaving soon <BR>Wishing he was miles and miles away <BR>Nothing in this world nothing would make him stay <P>Since he was small <BR>Had no luck at all <BR>Nothing came easy to him <BR>Now it was time <BR>He'd made up his mind <BR>'This could be my last chance' <P>His boss said to him 'now listen boy <BR>You're always dreaming <BR>You've got no real ambition you won't get very far <BR>Sammy boy don't you know who you are? <BR>Why can't you be happy at the Emerald bar?' <P>So honey <BR>Spread your wings and fly away <BR>Fly away far away <BR>Spread your little wings and fly away <BR>Fly away far away <BR>Pull yourself together <BR>'Cos you know you should do better <BR>That's because you're a free man <BR>Come on honey <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When I get new CDs I always listen to them all the way through at once. Then after that I only listen to the songs I like.<P>Recently I went back and listened to my<BR><B>NEWS OF THE WORLD</B> CD<BR>(a Queen LP from 1977 that includes <I>We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions</I>)<P>So I discovered this song in a whole new light.<P>I didn't like it the first time I heard it, BUT<BR>now I glow when I hear it.<BR>It has increadible REAL lyrics.<BR>Freddie's voice is amazing on the track.<BR>And during the final instrumental you get swallowed up and lost in Brian's guitar preformance.<BR>Truley powerful, sweet, energetic, and touching this is an increadible REAL song.<P>I feel it is about how John Deacon (the bass player for Queen who wrote this song) felt about growing up.<BR>OR<BR>Maybe not even growing, just overcoming and becoming what you envision yourself as.<P>I think the song truley points out that even when others don't believe in you, you must still believe in yourself.<BR>AND<BR>It says to never give up.<P>It's about moving on to something greater.<P><I>What do you think?</I><P>I hope you enjoyed the lyrics, I just felt a need to share them.............<P> :D :D :D :D<BR> :D Glenn :D<BR> :D :D :D :D <P>So honey.... <BR>Spread your wings and fly away <BR>Fly away far away <BR>Spread your little wings and fly away N

dreammaster
01-30-2000, 10:29 AM
Wow, Glenn. Cool song. Very inspirational.<P>NikkiN

Pilgrim
01-30-2000, 11:06 AM
Cool song :)<P>BrianN

Glenn!
01-31-2000, 11:58 AM
I think the song also teaches and sends a message to the people on the other side of begining.<P>I think it tells parents, adults, wifes, husbands, employers, teachers, pastors, and other figures who find it hard to believe in people starting off to just let go.<P>I think it sends a message to the people dealing with people that are trying to make something of themselves.<P>I think it says to be easy on those with dreams.<P>I think it reminds those who are condeming people for their ambitions that<BR>HEY<BR>THAT USED TO BE YOU.<P>Overall it can speak to everyone who interacts with other people.N

loreli
01-31-2000, 01:32 PM
Cool song Glenn. Sometimes you just have to do what is right for you and ignore anyone who tells you otherwise.<P>LoriN