PDA

View Full Version : "LOOKS LIKE I LIED" ....I've been out of practice, be gentle, LOL

MDgarthgirl
01-30-2000, 10:09 AM
Hey y'all. <BR>Finally had some time to dig something outta this head of mine...see what'cha think, all right? (I've always wanted to write Garth into one of mine, but...hmm, I might have to check with him on copyright infringement cuz I used his line, huh?)<P><BR>Looks Like I Lied<BR>© 2000 Stephanie Shade<P>(<I>solemn blues, free time</I>)<BR>I was the perfect picture of misery<BR>Garth was singing my thoughts right back to me<BR>“When I close my eyes, honey, you’re all I see”<BR>Well, it’s been a week without a single call<BR>Me begging you to forget it all<BR>Cuz without you I might as well be gone…<P>(<I>up-tempo intro</I>)<BR>Looks like I lied<BR>Ain’t it funny?<BR>I ended up living without you, honey<BR>Who would of thought this broken heart would mend<BR>All my tears have dried<BR>And I’m smiling again<BR>Even though I thought I saw the end when you said good-bye<BR>Looks like I lied<P>(<I>fast melody, moderate tempo</I>)<BR>Yeah, I know I said I’d always be truthful<BR>And for that I should be up with the angels<BR>Cuz I said I couldn’t live without your love in my life<BR>But when the sun started rising without me<BR>I found the only thing that could save me<BR>Was to realize that life goes on and so can I<P>Looks like I lied<BR>Ain’t it funny?<BR>I ended up living without you, honey<BR>Who would of thought this broken heart would mend<BR>All my tears have dried<BR>And I’m smiling again<BR>Even though I thought I saw the end when you said good-bye<BR>Looks like I lied<P>(<I>key change</I>)<BR>Looks like I lied<BR>No more time to waste<BR>I can lose one life but still be left with eight<BR>Who would of thought this broken heart would mend<BR>All my tears have dried<BR>And I’m smiling again<BR>Even though I thought I saw the end when you said good-bye<BR>Looks like I lied<P>Thanks for your time,<BR>Nash<BR>N

Pilgrim
01-30-2000, 10:54 AM
<B>Stephanie</B><P>That song is AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D<P>How in the world can you guys make something like that????<P>I really REALLY want to hear this one for real<P>Remember!<BR>Next time you're in Nashville<BR>Go in there and make a big deal<BR>Just go on in and record a CD<BR>And come on over and play it for me ;)<P>*ROFL*<P>BrianN

honky
01-30-2000, 12:15 PM
<B>Nash</B>,<P>Looks like this one is for real :D I like this one because you have added the kind of tempo to each verse. I also like the arrangement of the song ;)<P>Good work!!<P>TommyN

BigGfan4life
01-30-2000, 02:09 PM
Hey, great song! :D I'd really like to hear this one, too :) I think it's cute how you added in Garth's name...betcha he'd get a kick out of it ;)N

GarthLVR88
01-30-2000, 03:44 PM
You never cease to amaze me Steph! If that's outta practice, I gotta read one that you've written while you are in practice! Let's just say, I look up to you as a writer, and thanks for helpin' me with my songs lately. It means so much to me. Way to go! <P>RachelN

MDgarthgirl
01-31-2000, 06:25 AM
Thanks for all the compliments, y'all! :D<P><B>Brian</B>:<BR>Believe me, if it were <I>that</I> easy, I'd skip class and go now! LOL<P>and <B>Rachel</B>:<BR>Wow, that was really sweet. I don't think I've ever had someone look up to me before...'cept my sister(she's two years older, but I'm two inches taller. ;))<BR>Always glad to help another PGer when I can! :D<P>Nash<BR>N

PCL
01-31-2000, 11:11 AM
Hey <P>Long time, no talk. Whats up girl!!!<BR>So how's Nashville. The place must be rocking (or shall i say countrying) after last night, despite the loss. <P>Well, I love the idea for this song, but I do think its kind of clishay (I know i misspelled it), but it can still work. It sounds like something Jo Dee Messina would do. <P>Scott <P><BR> N

boppityboo
01-31-2000, 11:30 AM
Wow, Steph, that sounds like a no. 1 hit. :) How ya been? I admire songwriters too and if this is outta practice, watch out world! :)<P>Talk to ya soon, '<BR>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

CaptMorgan
01-31-2000, 04:51 PM
Hey Nash!<P>It's great to see you back here - it's been a long time.<P>You've done it once again. What a wonderful song this is! It's got #1 hit written all over it. <P>Please share more when you have them finished - I really enjoy your songs. They always speak right from the heart.<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

MDgarthgirl
01-31-2000, 05:06 PM
Hey again.<P><B>PCL:</B><BR>Nashville's great...to me. I don't know how they're taking the loss, exactly. Been kinda busy with school, lol. Good game, though. You can't get closer than that <I>last</I> play, huh? But, always next year. (Can ya tell I'm not a football fanatic? lol)<P>Glad you love the idea of the song...and I understand that it could be considered "cliche", but...realistically speaking, couldn't almost ALL the songs out there be considered cliche in some way?<BR>Just different ways to express similar messages...there are very few original thoughts out there.<BR>But thanks for the constructive criticism...can't do anything but help me. :D<P>Nash<BR>N

MDgarthgirl
02-01-2000, 04:25 AM
<B>CaptMorgan</B>:<P>Thank You :D for that compliment as well! <P>If...no, Whenever I get another one out, PG will be the first to hear about it. ;)<P>Nash<BR>PS- Hmmm, how one earth will I fit all your names in my CD booklet under "Special Thanks?" ;)N

Chris Gaines
02-01-2000, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MDgarthgirl:<BR><B>PS- Hmmm, how one earth will I fit all your names in my CD booklet under "Special Thanks?" ;)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nash... you type it very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Small ;)<P>Jason LOLN

loreli
02-01-2000, 05:55 AM
Wow!! Stephanie,<P>I love that song. I want to hear it too. :)<P>It does sound like a song JoDee would do. And adding Garth's name is VERY cool. :)<P>LoriN

MDgarthgirl
02-02-2000, 11:06 AM
LOL :D<P>Very, very, very (etc., lol) CUTE, Jason. ;)<P>NashN

Ladyg
02-03-2000, 03:06 AM
Steph:<P>You know how I feel about this song...it's the best one you've ever done. I'm so proud of you! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)<P>LuvYa!<BR>DebbieN

TK
02-10-2000, 09:02 PM
Stephanie,<P> :) :) :) :)<P>This is the happy smiley face of someone who really missed reading your WONDERFUL lyrics. The whole song is great, and the way you popped GB in there was very cute.<P>Go Girl !!!<P>TK :)N

zulu
02-10-2000, 11:58 PM
Steph<P><B>Impressionnant</B> :) :) :) :)<P>All I can say is YOU GO GIRL. Someone asked me who was my favourite poet the other day. I said Fernando Pessoa. Guess i'm gonna have to change that to Stephanie Shade.<P>Keep up the great work. (Same to all the other songwriters here on PG. Scott when's? the next one coming?? ;)<P>ZuluN