PDA

View Full Version : "Way Back When" My first song..oh boy...

GarthLVR88
02-02-2000, 02:44 PM
Okay PGers, keep in mind that this is my first try at this sort of thing, thankfully I had great help from Stephanie Shade (THANKS AGAIN STEPH!). We wrote this over the internet, so if you're gonna rag on it, blame it on me, not Steph!! Well, here we go:<P> Way Back When<P>I tipped the brim down on my hat<BR>And I turned my back to the wind<BR>This place seemed so familiar<BR>Something drove me back again<P>The trees were all a blur<BR>That streetlight sure was bright<BR>I found my truck and I dug for my keys<BR>But they were nowhere in sight<P>Suddenly they fell<BR>And were lost on the ground<BR>I dropped to my knees<BR>My hands lead me around<P>I kept on searching<BR>Still nothing in hand<BR>Then the moon broke through the darkness<BR>And lit up my old weddin' band<P>It's a constant reminder of what used to be<BR>Long ago when I'd held her so close to me<BR>And now I know she's where my heart had always been<BR>But now she's gone and I'm reflecting,<BR>On way back when<P>My friend said he saw her just the other day<BR>And she looked as happy as could be<BR>With her old flame right beside her<BR>Could she have already forgotten me?<P>Eveybody's tryin' to help the cause<BR>They're all tellin' me I'll find someone new<BR>But there will never be another like her<BR>So what they say can never be true<P>So I come here every night<BR>To drink away my sorrows<BR>Always thinkin' of my past<BR>And never my tomorrows<P>It's a constant reminder of what used to be<BR>Long ago when I'd held her so close to me<BR>And now I know she's where my heart had always been<BR>But now she's gone and I'm reflecting,<BR>On way back when.<P>Lord, will this hurtin' ever end<BR>I'm so tired of reflecting,<BR>On way back when.<P>(c) 2000 Rachel Cope and Stephanie Shade<P>Okay okay, "give me everything ya got." Good and bad, I'm all for improvement.<P>RachelN

loreli
02-02-2000, 04:17 PM
Rachel,<P>Not that I know anything about songwritting, but from just an average person, I REALLY loved it. :)<P>It really tugs at the heart. :)<P>LoriN

jdgbtweety
02-02-2000, 04:48 PM
one word <BR>Awsome. <BR>great for a first time.<BR>JennN

GarthLVR88
02-02-2000, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys! I wasn't sure what everyone would think about it, but I'm glad you liked it! I'm workin' on a few more. I think I'll keep postin' them. Thanks again for your time and support! PGers are the best!<P>RachelN

Pilgrim
02-02-2000, 08:31 PM
AMAZING song :D :D :D :D<P>AWESOME song :D :D :D :D<P>Brian :D :D :D :DN

honky
02-02-2000, 08:50 PM
<B>Rachel</B>,<P>You know what? This song reminds me of "Every now and then" :) Both songs talk about reflecting to the past.<P>But, at the end, why would the guy be so tired of reflecting if he loves the girl so much? Isn't the other way around that he wants to keep her in his memory forever? ON the contrary, it could also mean that the guy wants to get over with her death and tries to continue his life ;) <P><BR>Good work!!<P>Very clear and you organize the verses smoothly ;)<P>TommyN

CaptMorgan
02-03-2000, 06:17 PM
Rachel:<P>First try? Could have fooled me.<P>This is just beautiful. <BR>When I'm reading the song, I can "feel" the pain in it. You are truly talented.<P>Please share your future songs. You're very good at this.<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

PCL
02-04-2000, 03:44 AM
Hey<P>I really love this song. I kind of hear something similar in style to "I DONT HAVE TO WONDER ANYMORE" (singing wise, anyway).<P>I would only change one thing. Instead of having it say:<P>..................<BR>And now I know she's where my heart had always been<BR>But now she's gone and I'm reflecting,<BR>On way back when<BR>..................<P>Have it say:<P>.................<BR>But now she's gone and i'm here left reflecting<BR>WITH MY BACK TO THE WIND<BR>.................<P>It kind of reiterates the great opening lines. <P>ScottN

TK
02-10-2000, 08:52 PM
Hi Rachel,<P>(I told you I'd look up your first song :))<P>I think it's great - I'm glad you decided to keep posting your lyrics.<P>Looking forward to the next one - not that I'm trying to pressure you! LOL<P>TKN