PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix, Arizona LOVES Chris Gaines!

AZamy77
11-02-1999, 07:15 PM
This is REALLY great! Our local pop-top 40 station, KZZP, LOVES Chris Gaines! Ron, Don, and Jackie in the morning did a wonderful interview with Garth in Las Vegas last week. They broadcasted it live, and then replayed it all morning! He sounded terrific! Jackie, the lady d.j., was getting all worked up before Garth approached their table! She was cracking me up! She told him he was the biggest star she ever met, and the guys were playing the macho thing, kinda just being real cool with Garth. They were funny. They let him know how many phone and e-mail requests they get every day for Chris Gaines! He said, well Phoenix has always been good to me! :) The greatest, sweetest part of the interview was when Jackie said to Garth,"I really like Chris Gaines, but I really LOVE Garth, so could you please sing me a few lines?" And sweet ol' Garth says,"Oh, you mean like THIS?" and proceeded to sing, "And I'm glad I didn't know, the way it all would end, the way it all would go............" he sang it to the end. Tear jerker. But he sounded very happy. :)<BR>So needless to say, my day before work started out on a very cool "note!"<P>God Bless.<P>Amy :) P.S. I think I made this the 77th post to this forum! Yipeee!!! :)<BR> N

Pilgrim
11-02-1999, 11:51 PM
Very cool :) Thanks for sharing :D :D :D<P>Yep! Indeed, it was #77 :)<P>BrianN

zulu
11-03-1999, 01:18 AM
Amy<P>Very cool :) :) :)<P>Thanks for sharing :D<P>ZuluN

G-f
11-03-1999, 02:37 PM
Cool Azamy77<BR>I wish my radio stations here in NC would be so much fun and would be more receptive of the GB thing. I haven't heard "It don't matter to the sun" in quite a few days now on the Country Stations. Does anyone know where it is on the charts? What about "Lost In You?" I was shopping in a store last Friday and they were playing some music that sounded like AC music and all of a sudden "Lost in You" came on! It surprised me because it's the first time I have heard it on the radio. I can't stand listening to the other stations besides Country, so I guess if I hear it, it will be accidental like that. I enjoyed it while I was listening to it though, and just sung right along with it!! Think anyone noticed?? LOL.N

G-f
11-03-1999, 02:39 PM
Oh....I'm finally a member!! Don't you have to post a certain amount before you become a member? I didn't think I had yet, but hey, I'm glad to be "official now." :)<BR>TriciaN

hugeGBnutt
11-03-1999, 02:45 PM
oh, just my luck that i live in Tucson,AZ instead of Px. :(....o well, nice to know some of AZ loves Garth! :D<P>aRiN

azyankee
11-03-1999, 11:12 PM
I keep telling Tommy every time he complains about the low sales of the CD that <B><I>Phoenix is a Garth town!!!</B></I> :)<P>One of my housemates calls me every time he hears a CG song on the radio while he's driving his delivery truck! (No Garth-addicts in my house is there? LOL! :D)<P>Thanx for posting this Amy! I rely on you to keep me on my toes around here! Have you worn out your 'Donnie & Marie" tape yet? :)<P>~Yankee<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> :D "I just took a physical for my life insurance policy, and the doctor<BR>said I should live forever. It's the only way I'll break even" :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>N

honky
11-04-1999, 12:03 AM
<B>Amy</B>,<P>You and <B>Yankee</B> are two lucky people! Phenoix is probably one of the few states that is embracing Chris Gaines :D Well, it's better than none right? <P>Hey, I hope the interview would help the selling of it! Most importantly, Garth got exposure :)<P>TommyN