PDA

View Full Version : Ok, be honest, first hated, but has become favorite

honky
10-14-1999, 12:36 AM
<B>PGers</B>,<P>Let's be honest here, what are the songs that you first hated (or disliked), but have become your favorites? <P>I have to say that when I heard <B>"Right Now"</B>, I wasn't sure about this song. It's got great message in it, but I just couldn't enjoy the beat of it. BUT NOT ANYMORE! I love this song soooo much! In fact, I even repeated a hour straight of this song :o<P>The other song is <B>"My Love tells me so"</B>. At first, I thougth that I wouldn't care much for this song, but after hearing many times, it has become better and better each time! Especially the part with only music alone, and the last part with trampoline or saxphone playing :)<P>By the way, <B>"Unsigned Letters"</B> and <B>"White Flag"</B> have become better and better each time I listen to :) They are my favorites!!<P>TommyN

Pilgrim
10-14-1999, 12:43 AM
I don't think there is a song I dislike :D<P>I love <B>My Love Tells Me So</B> because i reminds me of the Beach Boys in the 70's. but I don't know why :o<BR>Anyway it KICKS ASS :D<P>The song that come closests to a song I don't like must be <B>Snow In July</B> :)<P>BrianN

ohiogarthfan
10-14-1999, 04:00 PM
The song that I like the least is My Love Tells Me So. It is starting to grow on me, I mean I know the words and everything, but just don't care for it. Does that make any sense to anyone. As for the rest of the CD, I like and have always, since the first time I listened to it. All I know is that the CD rocks :)<BR>N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
10-14-1999, 08:38 PM
I didn't care for Snow In July at first but now I love it! <P>My favorite songs are: Unsigned Letter, Diggin for Gold and White Flag...but that is subject to change. I like them all but don't really care for the last 2 on the album..N

azyankee
10-15-1999, 06:43 PM
I had a problem at first...no, not that I didn't like the songs. All of them have potential to be hits! My problem was that I kept comparing them to Garth's music! I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about here... :)<P>Listening to each song, I'm thinking, <I><B>"This is not something I'd expect to hear from Garth."</I></B> or <I><B>"This one doesn't sound like Garth at all!"</I></B> :(<P>Well <B>DUHHH!!!</B> ;) I had that same mental block that infects the non-believer! <I><B>"Of course, it doesn't sound like Garth, you mental-midget! Because it isn't supposed to BE Garth!"</I></B> :o<P>I had neglected to separate Garth, the country singer from Chris Gaines, the pop singer in my own itty-bitty mind! Once I succeeded in doing that, I fell in love with all the songs!<P><I><B>"Right Now"</I></B> is becoming one of the most popular songs. Not bad for a remake of an old 60's tune! My favorite is still <I><B>"It Don't Matter To The Sun"</I></B> but I'm fast growing attached to <I><B>"Snow in July"!!!</I></B><P>~Yankee~<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Success always occurs in private and failure in full view"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>N

CaptMorgan
10-15-1999, 08:52 PM
There were 2 different songs I just couldn't get past when I first got the cd. They were "Snow In July" and "Way Of The Girl". After listening to the cd over and over every day, it's only in the last few days that I've enjoyed "Way Of The Girl", but there's still something I don't care for with "Snow In July"! <P>Hopefully, it will grow on me! :(<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...<P>Catch y'all around the next bend... N