PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^

Pilgrim
10-07-1999, 02:06 PM
I just LOVE the album :D :D :D :D<BR>Especially Main Street and Unsigned Letter :)<BR>WOOOOOOHOOOOOO :)<P>Tomorrow I'm going to take it with me to my local CD store and play it out as loud as it goes :D :D<P>Thanks for this cool forum :)<P>BrianN

JulieLvsGB
10-07-1999, 02:56 PM
I love the album! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>Been listening to it practically non-stop since I bought it on Wednesday! My favorites are That's The Way I Remember It, Unsigned Letter and Digging for Gold! :D<P>JulieN

BigGfan4life
10-07-1999, 03:01 PM
Thanks for creating this forum :)<P>Of course, I also LOVE this album!! There hasn't been one day since it's come out that I haven't listened to it all the way through...sometimes I even listen to the entire CD twice a day!<P>Ok, I think I finally have my favorites in order :)<BR>1. Main Street<BR>2. Right Now (was my favorite at first)<BR>3. That's the Way I Remember It<BR>4. Unsigned Letter<BR>5. Lost In You<BR>6. Snow In July<BR>7. It Dont Matter to the Sun<BR>8. Driftin Away<BR>9. Diggin for Gold<BR>10.White Flag<BR>11.Way of the Girl<BR>12.Maybe<BR>13.My Love Tells Me So<P>Its so hard to put them all in order, because they are all so great! Well...except for the last one...sorry Garth, but I dont think it's gonna grow on me :oN

honky
10-07-1999, 03:20 PM
<B>WOW! WE HAVE NEW FORUM HERE!</B> :D<P>Great! The new album is AWESOME! <P>I like all the songs :) Even the last one is growing on me...LOL It has a good beat to it.<P>My recent favorites are:<P>1)Right Now<BR>2)Unsigned Letters<BR>3)Main Street<BR>4)Lost in You<BR>5)Whit Flag<P>TommyN

nofences29
10-07-1999, 05:00 PM
It is refreshing and inspiring to see an artist willing to take risks, to extend his wings, and explore new paths. It seems that every time Garth releases a new album, it leaps forward into new territory. Though all of his albums have been hugely succesful, he has continued to run full steam ahead. We've seen too many other artists who have had a succesful album, play it safe, and continue to put out the same kind of music, over and over again. not Garth. Give him credit. He does "chase his dreams". Some critics have called this latest album a "marketing scheme" or a "mid-life crisis". I disagree. I think it is a natural progression for an artist who doesn't believe in building walls around himself or his music. I find this album to be refreshing, fun, and a great display of musical talent and diversity.N

Amanda8
10-07-1999, 05:10 PM
I love it! My favorites are Unsigned Letter, Lost in You, and Snow in July.<P>Amanda :DN

garthaddict
10-07-1999, 05:15 PM
I am totally in love with this new album.He did a fantastic job on it.I would have bought it no matter what anyway but it is "very cool" to love it just as much as all of the other albums DaMan has put out.I admire Garth so much for going after his dreams and taking on all of the new stuff that he has done or is doing no matter what the media says.What do they know anyway?I can't believe how they just don't get what this is all about.I mean duh,what planet have they been on?Job Well Done Garth.ThanksN

garth_fan82
10-07-1999, 05:30 PM
I just had to post knowing this was a new forum. HOW COOL!!!!!!! Well, what can I say, of course I love the new album!!! I haven't picked out a fav, I love all of them!! I am still working on memorizing Right Now, I wanna learn them!! Well, I new this was going to be a posive post, and I'm glad everyone loves Chris! By the way, did I tell you that today I heard IDMTTS for the first time on the radio? They don't play Chris around here, but I changed stations just for fun, and he was on!!! I was amazing, I celebrated and had a party. <BR>-ShannaN

hugeGBnutt
10-07-1999, 05:39 PM
THE ALBUM <B>SUCKS</B>...sorry i could not hide it anymore <B>I HATE THE ALBUM</B> .....sorry guys :(......<P><BR>he he he....lol...<B>JUST KIDDING</B>...i totally <B>LOVE THE ALBUM,IT ROCKS!!!!</B> :D<P>scared you for a minute, didn't i?....lol :o<P>aRiN

GarthFanCanada1
10-07-1999, 05:48 PM
hugeGBnutt..... I nearly peed my pants when I saw your post...<P>I conducted a imformal survey in my class today.... I brought the CD in and let everyone listen to it, and I had them rank the songs 1-13.Here are the results. From 17 out of 17 people.<P>Most popular song : Right Now<BR>Least popular song: My Love Tells me So<BR>Song Most Repeated over the morning: Snow In July. (they all picked up his pronunciation)<BR>Song that Freaked People out: White Flag<BR>Number of people that may buy the CD: 13!!!!<P>These were the questions that we formed to rate the CD....<P><BR>BarkleyN

majmom
10-07-1999, 05:52 PM
Hey <B>nofences29</B> -<P>Well said - how 'bout we hire you out to all the ignorant DJs, newspapers and reporters who don't get it and just let you stand behind them and move their mouths? (or pens, if such is the case?)<P>"NOFENCES29 for PERMANENT GARTH/CHRIS REPORTER" - Everybody vote!!<P>KerryN

Jen19
10-07-1999, 06:14 PM
I think number 2 is great .. I'm happy :)<BR> I was scared it was gonna do a lot worse. For how bad the press is reviewing it<BR> I'm so happy Garth/Chris did that well with this. And I also believe that time will sell more albums, people just need to hear it. And once they do they will have to buy it because it is so damn good :)<BR> Non-country fans aren't just going to grab a Garth Brooks CD and unfortunately in most of the CD stores I've been in CG Greatest Hits was in the country section.. Why? I don't know but I'm really proud of Garth/Chris getting number 2 .. Go Garth/Chris and you guys are right we have to turn more people on to the music. Take my approach and play the CD without telling them what they are listing to and when they ask who this is they will be surprised I've done it to all my friends.. Hehheheh. <BR> JenN

OkieandloyalGBfan
10-07-1999, 07:56 PM
This is beginning to sound unanimous....<BR>I love this album!! I only discovered country music midway through college, and grew up on rock, so this feels like the old days to me!<P>I love Unsigned Letter the very best (being a plain little Jane myself!), and Right Now is a very close second. White Flag and Snow in July are next for me.<P>My daughter sings along with White Flag more than any other song, so I guess that would be her favorite. Come to think of it, I guess I can vote twice, once for myself and once for her! Make that two "I love this album"'s. <P>Deanna<BR>N

dnljkl
10-07-1999, 10:33 PM
I absolutely LOVE the album. Once again Garth is showing the world the diversity of Garth Brooks as an artist. While I think he will always be country at heart... why not let the rest of the music world enjoy that lovely voice! And to all the critics out there - they are simply jealous that Garth has the guts to strike out into an area so different than what he is used to. And why might you ask does he do this for? FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC! If only the DJ's and others could get that through their heads... Guess we all need to call into our radio stations and request Chris to be played...<P>My favorite is digging for gold... love the song<P>go Garth - thanks for yet another great CD!<P>MaryN

AZamy77
10-07-1999, 11:16 PM
1) LOVE IT! 2) LOVE IT! 3) LOVE IT! 4) LOVE IT! 5) LOVE IT! 6) LOVE IT! 7) LOVE IT! 8)LOVE IT! 9) LOVE IT! 10) LOVE IT! 11) LOVE IT! 12) LOVE IT! 13) LOVE IT!<P> I LOVE IT!<BR> :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>Great new forum! It's gonna be fun! ;-)<P>N

Wildhorse
10-08-1999, 12:03 AM
Amy,<BR>You've said it all!! :o LOL...<BR>Seriously I thought I wouldn't even buy the albums, yet I bought TWO! I'm going to mail one back to Taiwan for my cousin! :)<BR>Wooohooo.. (the only GB fan in Taiwan I bet! LOL...)<P>MerellN

zulu
10-08-1999, 02:32 AM
Well, Well,<BR>A new Forum . Great.<BR>I havn't heard the album yet :(. However I have heard the two songs on the CD and guess what :D :D :D: I LOVE BOTH OF THEM. <BR>This thanks to a very special <B>garthaddict</B>. <P>Can't wait to hear the rest :)<BR>ZuluN

jacsan1451
10-08-1999, 05:46 AM
<B>hugeGBnutt</B>Don't do that!!!!You scared me for a minute!..........I <B>LOVE</B> the album! My favorite song is Mainstreet & Driftin Away. The music is just the best. Jackie N

tearin' it up
10-08-1999, 11:57 AM
who cares if critics think its a marketing scheme.they think every thing he does is a marketing scheme.<P> my favorite song is way of the girl.thats such a cool song. i haven't gone a day without listening to the album yetN

ohiogarthfan
10-08-1999, 12:59 PM
I also LOVE the album. I bought it the day it came out and have listened to it at least once a day since. I almost have all the songs memorized. I LOVE GARTH BROOKS!!!!!<BR>Can't wait to hear what he comes out with nextN

DutchGBfan
10-08-1999, 01:07 PM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CD!!!!!!!! :)<BR>I't so totally different ....but it ROCKS!!<BR>And....my favorite song is:<BR>********DRIFTIN' AWAY***************<BR>I can't explain what this song does to me<BR>....and....I won't even try to!!..lol<BR>Other great songs(for me)are:IDMTTS,Lost in<BR>you,Maybe,Mainstreet and That's the way I remember it.<BR>Everyone loves Right Now.....I dunno...it's<BR>a cool song....but not one of my favorites.<BR>Oh well....as we are all different ppl....we<BR>all got our different tastes ;)<P>Take care ya'll<BR>Miranda :)<BR>N

Palle
10-08-1999, 01:55 PM
I guess there is only one thing I really can say:<P><B>VERY COOL</B><P>A lot has been said about this album, and maybe some of it is true, maybe it is not the best pop-album ever :o but to me it means something very special. And I think it is just as good as the last Cher (it is allright for her to change musicstyle all the time), Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. And it is WAAAAYYYYY better tahn the awful awardwinning C**P by Lauryn Hill (sp.) :D<BR>I am 100% behind Chris, I think this shows why he has been in the buisness for so long. And it also shows that he was more than just a member of Crush! ;) He was the man with the ideas, the man with the future ;)N

brinut
10-08-1999, 08:24 PM
Step aside Elvis, Michael J., and John,Paul,George and Ringo. The new King of Pop has entered the building.N

Garth00Fan
10-08-1999, 08:50 PM
Hey GarthNutts<P>Here are my fav's in order:<P>1)MayBe<BR>2)Main Street<BR>3)Unsigned Letter<BR>4)Snow In July<BR>5)Lost In You<BR>6)Right Now<BR>7)It Don't Matter To The Sun<BR>8)White Flag<BR>9)Digging For Gold<BR>10)My Love Tells Me So<BR>11)Way Of The Girl<BR>12)Driftin' Away<BR>13)That's The Way I Remember It<P>Well there's my 2 cents worth<BR>A very Big GB fan 4 life...<BR>AngelaN

MDgarthgirl
10-09-1999, 08:15 AM
Hey PGers! <B>THIS</B> is what Garth needs to hear about PG, huh?! This is so great!<BR>I LOVE every song on the album. "Maybe" and "My Love Tells Me So" had to grow on me, but...I just did what Garth told me to. I put it on real loud and just "gave the music a chance." And I'm REAL thankful I did. :D This is GREAT Music!! <BR>My fav has to be "Driftin Away."...or "That's The Way I Remember It." I could listen to those FOREVER. And I can't help but move to the beat!! :D<BR>I've loved the CG idea &lt;almost&gt; from the start. Whether it "works" for the media or not, I just hope <B>Garth</B> doesn't regret doing this for any reason. That's what counts for me.<P>Have a good one,<BR>NashN

boppityboo
10-09-1999, 11:56 AM
I totally agree with all of you. I LOVE this cd. Garth is so amazingly talented, the critics must be deaf, dumb and blind not to see how great this album is. :) I've listened to it at least 3 times a day. I play it while I'm on the puter..while I cook meals.. in the middle of the day, just because... :) Its an awesome cd to go to the gym with to do a work out. :) Makes the time fly. My favs so far are:<BR>Snow In July, Main Street, Way Of The Girl,Unsigned Letter,Thats the Way I Remember it, Digging For Gold,Driftin Away,White Flag, Lost In You, IDMTTS, Maybe, and MLTMS. :) <P>Great new forum. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

garthnut1
10-10-1999, 11:40 AM
Off the top of my head, my favorites are That's the Way I Remember It, Right Now, Digging for Gold (#1 fav), It Don't Matter..., and Unsigned Letter.<P>AmyN

Wendi166
10-10-1999, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone!<BR>Well I just wanted to say that when the album first came out, my first impression was, "this sucks, there are only one or two songs on here i will ever listen to." But then i started listening to it when i was doing something else and didn't feel like getting up to change songs, and i must admit that some of them started to grow on me. So now i would have to say that 11/13 are pretty good and the other two aren't too bad. I think part of the reason i didn't like it at first is because the way everyone talked about this project i was expecting ROCK, and this is more POP/RAP, so it was just a surprise, that is all. Anyway, whatever garth does i will stand behind him 100% because his message has always been to do what is right for you even if it means taking chances, and if this is what he wants to do then who are we to criticize. Love ya Garth!!!N

MJ
10-10-1999, 06:44 PM
Another LOVER here!!!My faves are probably "Thats The Way I Remember It" and "Unsigned Letter"(reminds me of The Wallflowers" and "Main Street"(does this remind anyone else of "Knockin On Heavens Door").I like the rest of the songs and was suprised at how much GARTH you can hear on this album.When the project was first talked about I thought it was going to be rock(Def Lepperd..Metallica or something of that nature) but it turned out to be Pop or soft rock which is what I listen to in addition to country music.I am one happy MUSIC FAN.N

Teach
10-11-1999, 05:37 PM
I adore the new CD and especially love "It Doesn't Matter to the Sun" and "Lost In You". I have played it every day since I bought it. Great music.N

#1GBfan
10-11-1999, 06:13 PM
I LOVE this CD...I listen to it at least twice a day if not more!! Garth....GREAT JOB!! MIRANDA...I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU!! I love Driftin Away!! I cry every time I here it!! I ca't explian the wasy it makes me feel. Here is my list in order.<P>1)Driftin Away<BR>2)Right Now <BR>3)That's the Way I Remember It<BR>4)Snow in July<BR>5)Lost In You<BR>6)Main Street<BR>7)White Flag<BR>8)It Don't Matter to the Sun<BR>9)Unsinged Letter<BR>10)Why of a Girl<BR>11)Diggin for Gold<BR>12)Maybe<BR>13)My Love Tells Me So<P>WHOW that was HARD!! A lot of those should be a tie!! I love this CD. My Love Tells Me So is even growing on me...but it's not my fav. I can't wait until The Lamb comes out!! I'm so excited!! :) :)<P>Steph<BR>N

mhawk
10-11-1999, 06:30 PM
i think the whole dang cd kiss hard. i love it. i ain't even got a fave, but i'd have to say "maybe", "main street", and "that's the way i remember it". ;) :)N

Pilgrim
10-12-1999, 04:47 AM
Yep! MJ<BR>I have also been thinking about Knodkin' On Heavens Door when hearing Main Street :)<BR>Infact I have been thinking where they have stolen every single song from :)<P>Every song reminds me of another song I have heard :)<P>BrianN

jwade
10-12-1999, 04:01 PM
I haven't actually listened to the whole thing yet...just haven't had time, but I LOVE what I've heard!!! Garth is awesome!!!N

MJ
10-12-1999, 06:58 PM
PILGRIM....I haven't found any that remind me of <B>"THE BOSS"</B>...have you?<P>BTW: November 10...It'll be BROOOOOOCE!!N

Pilgrim
10-13-1999, 11:17 AM
No I haven't :( the only thing is that two of the musicians have also toured with Bruce in the early 90's :)<P>I guess the critics must be deaf (no offence deafcowbuy :)) which would also explain the poor reviews the CD have got :)<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
10-13-1999, 11:19 AM
ROFL deafcowb<B>o</B>y, sorry 'bout that :o<P>BrianN

CanadaLovesGarth
10-13-1999, 11:44 AM
I must admit... I'm in the same boat as everyone else! The album is GREAT!!! I've been following Garth since his beginning, all the way to his appearances on tv, and his duet with Chris LeDeux. It was just a natural progression for me to get this album too! I listen to every OTHER kind of music from OLD country, to R&B, Dance, Hip Hop, Swing, Jazz and even Big Band... so there's not much out there that someone could produce that I wouldn't like. And Garth is NO exception! <P>I L-O-V-E This Album!<P>I'm kind of surprised though about one thing, that only DutchGBfan, MDgarthgirl, #1GBfan and I LOVE Driftin' Away to the point that it's our #1 song on the album! I LOVE how it sounds! Very... R&B (maybe????*S*) Anway... Just gotta say... I LOVE IT GARTH!! THANKS AGAIN for another GREAT album!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Chris in the future! As well as what Garth has in store!*S*<P>*HUGS* N

Deafcowboy
10-13-1999, 12:14 PM
There's no offense EVER going to be taken to me....when it comes to those kind of jokes..don't worry about them...but noted..just be cautious...you don't know about other deaf people...which I don't know that might be lurking too....but those kind of deaf jokes, <B>Brian</B>, aren't really that bad for me...it's fine with ME...but still be careful about the other lurking deaf people.....<P>Just thought you all would like to know...<BR>I have no problems with those jokes, and it kinda makes me look stupid...."No offense, Deafcowboy"<P>Go ahead and have fun posting...thank you.<P>DeafcowboyN

PCL
10-13-1999, 04:32 PM
Hey<P>I LOVE <B>"DRIFTIN AWAY"</B> THE MOST.<P>All the songs are totally different from each other, which is incredible. I love them all, but Driftin is hands down the best in my opinion, mainly because Garth comes out towards the end. <P>ScottN

Pilgrim
10-13-1999, 10:34 PM
OK! I will think about that deafcowboy :) :)<P>BrianN

Cowgirl99
10-19-1999, 06:45 AM
I really love this album. I have to say that Right Now is my favorite song. I also like Diggin for Gold. This album is just great. I love it!!!!<P>AmyN

Cindy101
10-19-1999, 07:22 AM
The CG album is great. Its the only one I have been listening to since I got it. And <BR>it grows on you more everyday. We need more <BR>Chris albums!!N

lost_in_you
10-31-1999, 09:29 AM
I love this album. I think thats its great that Garth is exploring how far he can really push country music into the mainstream. GARTH IS AWESOME!!!N

MelMalovesGB4eva
11-01-1999, 09:27 AM
My favs; 1. Right Now 2. Unsigned Letter 3. Main ST. 4 Driftin' Away 5. Snow in July Those are the tops but I love them all. It really is like a greatest hits albums because they are all good. How do you get the<BR>numbers to stay lined up in a column when you submit? N

Aussie Lisa Loves Garth
11-02-1999, 03:28 AM
As some of you might know I only got the album today as it's has only just been released here. I brought it home and listened to it from beginning to end and when it was finished I had to admit I had mixed feelings..I loved it/hated it! So I listened to it again and FORTUNATELY second time around it sounded heaps better! As I write, I'm listening to it for the 5th time and now I can say I LOVE IT !! It definitely grows on you...I agree with MDGarthGirl, my favourite is Driftin Away..I love that one....<P>I also like That's the Way I Remember It, Digging For Gold, Unsigned Letter...Main Street, Snow In July and Lost In You are okay.<P>BUT, i'm afraid I'm not big on Right Now ...I know lots of you like it best but sorry, I've never liked the song, but hopefully this version will grow on me!<P>What's freaked me out the most is how Garth can sound so different! In some songs it sounds a bit like him but most of them sound nothing like him..I guess it just goes to show you how talented he is!<P>Overall, I love it and I can see I'll be playing it to death and getting my money's worth! Well done Garth, I love ya!<P>LisaN

Pilgrim
11-02-1999, 03:37 AM
Very cool Lisa :D Glad to hear you love the album :D :D :D<P>Be sure to play it a lot, because in 100 years the CD is gone :(<P>BrianN

Garth1
11-02-1999, 09:54 AM
The CG album is super fantastic !<BR>But still I prefer the country stuff !!!N

Aussie Lisa Loves Garth
11-02-1999, 03:07 PM
Pilgrim<P>Hey are you saying I'll be around for that long??? Only joking...<P>Only the good die young so they say..so I guess I'll be around a hell of a long time !<P> :)))N

Pilgrim
11-03-1999, 01:02 AM
I don't know how old you are going to be, or how old you are now :o<P>I just heard recently that CD's will slowly crack until you wont be able to play them anymore :( :(<BR>That will destroy all our Garth colections :( :( :(<P>BrianN