PDA

View Full Version : Sigh.. it's too late now :(

honky
03-12-2000, 09:59 PM
Sigh... all our efforts DO NOT PAY OFF!! :(<P>I just checked the latest R&R chart and "Do what you gotta do" is already going downhill :( It moves from 11 to 13 :( Once a single drops, it's very hard to get it back on top. This is so sad because the single never reaches Top10 on the Radio & Record chart :(<P><BR>Well... I am not sure if this is going to work, but just KEEP REQUESTING and see if we could pull this back!!<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-12-2000, 10:50 PM
I kinda knew it would come to this :o<P>It should have debuted higher in the first place :)<P>BrianN

hugeGBnutt
03-16-2000, 03:04 PM
:(<P>aRiN

nelty
03-16-2000, 04:12 PM
:( <P>NellyN

honky
03-16-2000, 04:47 PM
The single has dropped 4 spots from 14~18 for this week's Billboard chart :(<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-16-2000, 08:04 PM
:(<P>BrianN

loreli
03-16-2000, 08:12 PM
Double :(<P>LoriN

smitten
03-16-2000, 11:14 PM
Triple :o<P><BR>AnaN

Pilgrim
03-16-2000, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, wasn't you supposed to be in bed?? :o :o<P>BrianN

honky
03-17-2000, 08:36 AM
LOL.... you guys!! With all the sad faces!! *LOL*<P>Well, look on the brighter side here. Since "Do what you gotta do" is not successful on the chart, it's a sign that we <B>NEED TO WORK EVEN HARD</B> for "I don't I have to Wonder" :D Besides, it's one of the best tunes from Sevens, so it should have a better result on chart ;)<P><BR>TommyN

GRTH FAN
03-17-2000, 11:01 AM
You are so right about "I Don't have To Wonder" It is one of the best on 777's so let's make it #1 for the Garth Man! YOU GO TOMMY!<BR>DonnaN

onair
03-18-2000, 03:27 PM
Let me shed a little lite on the subject, if I may.<P>Do What You Gotta Do did wonderful on the charts!!! Here's why--The song was unsupported by Garth and Capitol Records. Before you go jumpin' out of your skin, this is what I mean. Garth was not on tour helping push the reocrd w/ radio and selling more albums. The only push that the single got was when it first debuted and Garth was doing the rounds on the talk shows. Capitol did not push record w/ different promos for stations. Which means less adds every week and a slower climb on the charts, resulting in a lower peak.<P>DWYGD went as high on the charts as it did because it is Garth AND because of all the hard work from YOU!!!<P>onairN

BlueRose
03-18-2000, 04:09 PM
I have to agree with "onair", I don't see it as a let down at all and Tommy, you were a one man army! You kept reminding us to vote for it and for that I am totally grateful...I'm proud of you guy and I'm so glad you're on Garth's team!!<P>Cheryl<BR>N

honky
03-18-2000, 10:40 PM
<B>onair</B>,<P>Yeah... I understood that Garth did not have any promotion for the single. But it is still sad to see the single dropping off the chart :( <P><BR>Do you think there would be a better chance for "I Don't Have To Wonder"?<P><BR><B>Cheryl</B>,<P>Thanks... I hope there is another PGer who would kindly post up the voting links ;)<P><BR>TommyN

SweetGBFan
03-19-2000, 05:49 AM
I wholeheartedly agree!! Do What You Gotta Do did great on the charts. Also it took what 6wks for it to reach its peak? Awesome. And dont forget that it was off a CD that is well two years or more old. It was the name of Garth that let it go as high as it did. I think IDHTW will do even better. It is probably the best song on the CD. Plus the video will help promote it.N

onair
03-19-2000, 08:41 AM
Tommy,<P>Does I Don't Have To Wonder, have a better shot at making on the charts...thats a good question.<P>It does have one addtional thing oging for it. SweetGB hit the nail on the head, it does have the video to go along with it.<P>On the flip side we have to think, will CMT/CBS Cable air the video? Is it too violent like The Thunder Rolls, w/ the jumping off the bridge seen?<P>Does it have the chance of getting the push it really deserves? I'm afraid not. Capitol has a nice roster of artists. Trace Adkins, Deana Carter, Susan Ashton, Ty England, Tim Wilson, Chris LeDoux, Steve Wariner, Rodney Carrington, and Keith Urban. Oh and of course Garth! Capitol is pushing Keith Urban hard, I mean very hard right now. Plus they are getting Trace back on the road to glory. Steve Wariner has a new album coming out on May 9th w/ the first single set for impact next week. We have not heard from Deana in a long time and remeber the Ty England Project? that is still in the works as well.<P>To be perfectly honest will it get a fair shot...most likely not. It will get a chance to stand on its own 2 feet, but can it take off and run by itself, only time will tell.<P>onair<BR>N

honky
03-19-2000, 02:26 PM
Onair,<P>Well, honestly, if even "I Don't Have To Wonder" does not do well on the chart, then Country Radio sure sucks! I hope I don't offend you. It's just my opinion that if a good song (especially one of the best songs off Sevens) can't even make it to Top10, then country radio has to be questioned. I hope this won't be the case :(<P>Besides, I DO NOT AGREE with you on the violent scene on "I don't Have To Wonder". Remember that Chicks' new video got played on CMT... SO THEY HAVE TO LET GARTH'S AS WELL. I don't have a couple people threwing dumping a body into the water is any better than a gun shooting in Thunder Rolls. CMT is just MONEY DRIVEN :( They play Chicks, NOT BECAUSE IT HAS A GOOD MESSAGE, but because it's the Chicks'. <P><BR>Tommy<P>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-19-2000, 09:44 PM
Well, I think country music radio play what most of the listeners want to hear.<BR>And that is the Chicks :D<P>BrianN

honky
03-19-2000, 10:28 PM
Brian,<P>That is very ironic!! <P>I believe that "Thunder Rolls" is just as popular as any Chick's song. It's still unfair that CMT is playing Chicks' new video :(<P>Tommy<P>N

Pilgrim
03-19-2000, 10:53 PM
I can't see anything wrong with that :)<P>As I was told earlier here on PG<P>"You can't always get what you want" :o<P>of course they should play TTR. But I have no problem with them not doing it :)<BR>I have the video :)<P>BrianN

elvisfanforever
03-20-2000, 08:11 AM
Everyone;<BR>Be happy that DWYGD did as well as it did on the charts. On air knows exactly what he is talking about; I used to work in radio as a DJ in the past, & a peak position of #11 on the charts could be a lot worse, especially for an 'album or CD' cut. There are 100 spots on Billboard, and frequently, an album or CD cut won't even break the top 20 or 30,<BR>and sometimes not even the top 40!<BR>Since Capitol is not pushing Garth's product like they really should a #11 peak position for this song is GREAT!!, considering the circumstances...they didn't make commercial copies of the CD single for the public to buy, & it looks like the # of radio station "promo copies" they made were very few. (You hardly see any copies of this song that are available to sell or trade with GB's<BR>collectors). Bear in mind that Garth is not on a live concert schedule (at least not yet...) to promote his music, & with everything as hectic & unsure as his career seems to be right now, considering the circumstances, the song really did do PRETTY GOOD!! BE HAPPY!!<BR>Maybe the next song as mentioned by 'sweet gb fan' will do even better.<BR>Does anyone know when you can see the video for that song on TV? Will it be available for the public to buy? If so, I would appreciate any help anyone can give, regarding source & cost information for this video. Thanks!<BR>Lester<BR>N