PDA

View Full Version : VERY IMPORTANT!!

splitzer
04-16-2000, 08:40 AM
Jenny Smedley asked me to post this here at PG for her. All I can say is that it's extremely important that everyone email her with their responses.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>1. What did you think of the Chris Gaines CD?<P>a. It sucked<BR>b. I liked it but I prefer Garth<BR>c. Brilliant<P>2. Would you buy another Chris Gaines CD?<P>a. No way<BR>b. Maybe but I'd have to hear it first.<BR>c. Definitely<P>These answers mean a lot to someone, and I have to get 100 responses at least, so thank you kindly for your co-operation :0)<BR>Jenny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Her email address is author@globalnet.co.uk. <B>PLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE</B> answer the survery and send your answers to her. Thank you!!<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

honky
04-16-2000, 10:17 AM
Danielle,<P>I already sent her the result :)<P>TommyN

Snow
04-16-2000, 10:48 AM
E-mail sent.<P>I love Chris Gaines!N

Cheryl
04-16-2000, 11:04 AM
Done! :)N

JulieLvsGB
04-16-2000, 12:06 PM
Just sent it! :)N

Karen4GB
04-16-2000, 12:33 PM
I'm sending my answers right now... I have to ask though, why's it such a big deal? :D :D Just curious.<P>-Karen-N

splitzer
04-16-2000, 12:41 PM
Sorry, Jenny swore me to secrecy. Email her personally if you'd like and she might tell you the details. But trust me, all of you want to do this! :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Hawk7lte
04-16-2000, 02:52 PM
Danielle,<P>How come someone would ask you to post instead of posting themself?<P>Hawk<P><BR>N

Teach
04-16-2000, 03:47 PM
Just sent my response. I will get my husband to send a response too. :)N

GBShameless
04-16-2000, 04:08 PM
Done :)<P>RobinN

BlueRose
04-16-2000, 04:25 PM
Sent!! (I saw this on the Gbox too)<P>Cheryl<P>N

TGcraz4GB
04-16-2000, 05:06 PM
Done.<P>TerriN

LittleRhody
04-16-2000, 06:10 PM
Done<P>DianaN

GarthBrooksFan4Life
04-16-2000, 08:59 PM
I just sent mine. I love Garth & Chris!!!!!N

NJ4GARTH
04-16-2000, 09:16 PM
Hey Danielle, <BR> Just sent Jenny an e-mail with my answers....... 8-))<P>TomN

splitzer
04-16-2000, 09:46 PM
<B>Hawk</B><P>Because this survey is being given to many Garth fans across the net in various places, and she's having trouble getting to them all. I asked her if she'd posted it here yet and offered to do so for her, if she wanted. She replied very gratefully saying that she couldn't get everywhere and really appreciated my help. :)<P>Thank you all!! It means A LOT.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

loreli
04-17-2000, 05:26 AM
I explained to Jenny that we were curious, and she asked me to post this so here's her answer! Poor Jenny! She's swamped. LOL<P>"This idea was suggested to me by someone who works with GB Management. I jumped at the chance to maybe help persuade Garth to do<BR>another CG album. I am also doing interviews on a lot of Country and Rock stations in the US right now about my book, and I am telling them as much as possible how great the CG album was and getting them to play tracks. I am also trying to put down those DJs who are 'dissing' Garth :0)) Would you please be kind enough to post this on PG for me? I have another 150 e-mails to answer !! :0))<BR>Take care<BR>Jenny"<P>So anyone who hasn't answered her please do so. :)<P>Lori<P>N

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
04-17-2000, 06:24 AM
Did it!!N

Lost 'n' Garth
04-17-2000, 06:57 AM
She's "GOT MAIL"!! :)<P>CheriN

gblady
04-17-2000, 07:07 AM
Done!<BR>CherylN

Hawk7lte
04-17-2000, 08:53 AM
I see;<P>The answer is no.<P>It is my position to do nothing to attempt to influence Garth about the decisions he has to make. I believe it is important that the decisions he makes be entirely his own free choices.<P>In addition I repeat I do not use the term "fan" about anyone or anything.<P><BR>HawkN

splitzer
04-17-2000, 05:12 PM
Well, since she said that much, I can speak a little more freely now...<P><B>Hawk</B><BR>The way I understand it, it's just so Garth can have true, honest feedback from the fans to find out if they want any more Chris. Of course, he WANTS to know what his fans think! That's part of his wonderfulness. We're talking about what kind of CD he will release, not whether or not to move or retire or build a new house or go to the moon. Those things would, obviously, be totally up to him, but since this is the music, I think it's okay that we tell him our feelings on it. He's always wanted to know how we feel about the music. All artists need feedback to know if they're reaching their fans the way they want to.<P>Did that make sense?<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Hawk7lte
04-17-2000, 05:40 PM
Danielle -<P>I am only stating my positions on this not making a judgement about others.<P>I want only the very best for Garth and his family. I am unwilling to promote any type of dependency or confusion during a time when independent decisions sound crucial (given his press releases). It is easy for a star to focus too much on what others want which can be conflicting and based on varying motivations. It becomes too easy to lose their focus. I would want a man who is as strong, capable, and moving toward greater independence as is Garth to continue to find their own direction. So if I err I err on the side of independence, safety and silence.<P><BR>HawkN

splitzer
04-17-2000, 10:45 PM
<B>Hawk</B><BR>I wasn't taking offense, and I didn't mean to cause any problem, I was just explaining my view, as you did yours. I see what you are saying. Peace. :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

major tom
04-18-2000, 12:07 AM
Hopefully done! I know I stuffed up the first e-mail.N

LarsDenmark
04-18-2000, 01:27 AM
She got mail from me too!!!!<P>Hope it will help her that much!!! :) :)<P>Lars<BR>N

angelamccann
04-18-2000, 01:50 AM
Just mailed - and included the other two questions from the GBox for good measure!<P>Angela xN

splitzer
04-18-2000, 04:20 PM
Jenny just added two new questions, which (i assume) is what Angela was referring to...<P>Here they are.. please email her your answers to these ones too!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>1. Would you have liked the Chris Gaines stuff better if Garth hadn't dressed up?<P>a. Still wouldn't have liked the sound.<BR>b. Yes much better<BR>c. No I liked the look and the sound.<P>2. Did you think that Garth was abandoning Country?<P>a. Yes<BR>b. I wasn't sure<BR>c. Of course not.<P>Thank you very much<BR>Jenny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks, guys. :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

major tom
04-18-2000, 06:51 PM
I'm about to answer the next couple of questions now.<P>Hawk<BR>Understand your viewpoint but I did get to read some interesting/strange? background and facts about the book Jenny has written about Garth. She included the following address when she mailed back, maybe you have already visited it but anyway here it is.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ripplesbooks.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ripplesbooks.freeserve.co.uk</A> N

Hawk7lte
04-20-2000, 07:40 AM
Major,<P>I am well aware of the situation and the person. <P>I'm also well aware of how a survey is worded, organized,conducted, credits given, and used.<P>All the more reason to stay out of this as I have chosen to do - I have no ponies in this race.<P><BR>HawkN

splitzer
04-20-2000, 11:10 AM
This was certainly never intended to be an argument-evoking thread. :(<P>If Hawk or anyone else chooses not to do the survey it is completely their choice.<P>I don't see what Jenny's book has to do with this survey. They are two completely separate things.<P>No one is trying to attack anyone else. Peace, guys.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN